The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

In-depth debate on all topical issues
birdie

Re: The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

Post by birdie »

My husband couldn't get his head around a programme being titled 'Loose Women', he took the the 'loose women' as in 'loose women'

Not one for those under 40 :lol:
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:27 pm
Carlos J wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:42 pm Rishi was on 'Loose Women' at lunchtime. He was shit, they were shit.
I've never met/heard of anyone who actually watches Loose Women, still, you know what they say, there's always one. :lol: :lol:
I doubt it’s something people would openly admit to.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

birdie wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:52 pm My husband couldn't get his head around a programme being titled 'Loose Women', he took the the 'loose women' as in 'loose women'

Awful programme.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

birdie

Post by birdie »

lambrini wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:45 pm
birdie wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:52 pm My husband couldn't get his head around a programme being titled 'Loose Women', he took the the 'loose women' as in 'loose women'

Awful programme.
As with most programmes, I give them a go,. As you say, it was awful, but I thought it couldn't be that bad the second time around so gave it another shot. That was the last time I watched it, for which himself was very grateful. :lol:

Salem

Post by Salem »

Vespa wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:13 pm Gillian Keegan in media looking dumb. She's banned sex education and any conversation about gender identity for under nines. When asked where it's happening she can't say or tell what the 'reports' she talks about say. Also seems her new guidance bans teachers from talking to any under nine about sexual identity, must be the governments hate gays week.
To be honest , it beats the fuck outta me as to why an 8 year old needs to know about sexual or gender identity ?

They can barely tie their shoes at 8 let alone choose their gender :-?
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

At 8, reading riting and rithmatic and games in the playground. Teaching the other shit is only going to confuse the fuck out of them at that age. Plenty of time for it later.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

birdie

Post by birdie »

What does an under 9 year old want to know about sexual identity? They are either a boy or a girl with, mostly, a mummy and a daddy.
Yes, I know there are kids with just one of the former due to family circumstances, but kids accept that.
It must confuse the hell out of kids when one in their class decides it wants to be called by another gender than the one they are, and are pandered to (waits for brick bats) by teachers, often, it seems without the knowledge of the parents, who still bring up the boy or girl as what they were born with but the kid decides it wants to be something else at school.

And just what is a 'blended' family? Lammy referred to that several times when being asked about la Rayners tax dodging.
I suppose it means people living apart but coming together when they want a shag and wont go to a knocking shop :lol:

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

If I'd have said I was a girl at that age, I'd have received a smack from the cock of the school and removed from the gang and sent to play dollies and shop.

Give these kids a break. Put the idea in their heads at that age, and it could cause all sort of mental problems.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Classic stuff there

Sweeping generalisations in support of a ban on something that doesn't happen anyway

Very good

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:46 pm Classic stuff there

Sweeping generalisations in support of a ban on something that doesn't happen anyway

Very good

The whole thing was designed to attract votes from those unable to think for themselves.

Rishi Sunak is counting on enough of the country falling for it to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:40 am At 8, reading riting and rithmatic and games in the playground. Teaching the other shit is only going to confuse the fuck out of them at that age. Plenty of time for it later.
It's not taught to under nines.

Actual sex education works like this.
  • Sex education isn't compulsory in primary school
  • Relationship education is, they cover bullying, online safety, friendships etc
  • In the final year of primary school they teach sex in terms of biology
  • If they want to teach more than this they have to tell the parents who can remove there is from class
They are banning something that doesn't happen.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:18 am What does an under 9 year old want to know about sexual identity? They are either a boy or a girl with, mostly, a mummy and a daddy.
Yes, I know there are kids with just one of the former due to family circumstances, but kids accept that.
It must confuse the hell out of kids when one in their class decides it wants to be called by another gender than the one they are, and are pandered to (waits for brick bats) by teachers, often, it seems without the knowledge of the parents, who still bring up the boy or girl as what they were born with but the kid decides it wants to be something else at school.

And just what is a 'blended' family? Lammy referred to that several times when being asked about la Rayners tax dodging.
I suppose it means people living apart but coming together when they want a shag and wont go to a knocking shop :lol:
Some children may want to talk to their teachers about it. But it's not taught.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

birdie wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:18 am [...]
A 'blended family' is just another name for a step family, where parents have kids from previous relationships all living together and maybe have new kids together. See 'The Brady Bunch' as an example:

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

birdie

Post by birdie »

Didn't the Brady Bunch all live together, not separately?

As I understand it 'blended', or step-families, live together, not apart, and come together as when it suits them, as la Rayner wants people to believe, so Lammy, IMO of course, was either mislead or just plain lying.

What's wrong with the term 'step family'?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

They are essentially the same thing. Although families can also be lead by siblings, grandparents, foster parents etc which is why they use blended