What TV series should I watch?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
deisegirl

Re: What TV series should I watch?

Post by deisegirl »

was browsing Netflix and saw the last series of Bloodline was out. this was one of those slow burn shows that I tolerated for one series, then bailed after one episode of the second. kind of wanted to know what happened at the end so I watched the last twenty minutes of the last episode and even that was a waste of time.
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Anyone see White Gold on bbc 2 this weds? Just watched the full series on Iplayer by the writer of Inbetweeners and starring James Buckley and Joe Thomas as double glazing salesmen in the 80s,but the star is Ed Westwick as their boss
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

F is for Family.

On Netflix.
I just picked it out of boredom and its nothing like I expected.
I thought it would be a sort of updated...no not 'updated' more a 'retooled for a modern audience' Wait Till Your Father Gets Home thing as its also set in early 70s small town mid America.
Well, it is and at the same time it most certainly isn't.
A sort of Bojack vibe and like Bojack it starts slow for a few episodes but once you're hooked you stay hooked.
Recommended.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

I only found out fairly recently that Wait Till Your Father Comes Home was meant as an adult comedy because it was shown with children's programming when I was a kid. Then again, it was probably pretty tame compared to adult cartoons these days
Saggers is alive??!!

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Just finished The Handmaids Tale, not bad, a good, strong performance by Jed Bartlets daughter, apparently its just been renewed for another series.

Currently watching Genius about the life of Albert Einstein, would recommend, I always like anything Geoffrey Rush is in apart from Pirates of the Caribbean obviously.
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Handmaid's Tale good but grim. Glad I haven't read the book, seems to be a lot of beeyotching about the changes. But the book was published in the 80s and the setting of the TV show works well with the way the world is now in my opinion.

Ha, Elisabeth Moss has had bigger roles since the West Wing lash. Have you never seen Mad Men?
Saggers is alive??!!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Twin Peaks: The Return.

I don't understand WHAT THE FUCK is going on. But I quite like it.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Better Call Saul

It's fine enough, but it is not really drawing me to it like Rectify, Breaking Bad etc did. The plot seems to move very slowly and there is quite a few un-interesting characters e.g Kim, Howard etc.

Altough Michael McKean who plays Chuck is excellent.

I have a feeling it's going to be this huge slow-build up for 3-4 series' then bang the last 6-7 episodes will wrap it up on how Jimmy McGill became Saul Goodman.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I've watched one episode of Fargo too and not sure if I'll continue. Loved the first two, but nott sure about McGregor or his ´Irish´ accent.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

PG30

Post by PG30 »

carcinogen wrote:Twin Peaks: The Return.

I don't understand WHAT THE FUCK is going on. But I quite like it.

Took me a few episodes to get back in the swing of things, but I'm loving it again now

No Owls yet though

PG30

Post by PG30 »

kevin04 wrote:Better Call Saul

It's fine enough, but it is not really drawing me to it like Rectify, Breaking Bad etc did. The plot seems to move very slowly and there is quite a few un-interesting characters e.g Kim, Howard etc.

Altough Michael McKean who plays Chuck is excellent.

I have a feeling it's going to be this huge slow-build up for 3-4 series' then bang the last 6-7 episodes will wrap it up on how Jimmy McGill became Saul Goodman.

Have you only just started this?

I've just finished season 3, and it gets better and better in my opinion. The few uninteresting characters such as Kim and Howard get progressively better each season. Howard is brilliant in season 3

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

GLOW on Netflix.

Binge watching this at the minute.
About a female wrestling troupe being set up to cash in on the wrestling boom of the early 80s in LA.
Really really enjoyable, especially comedian Marc Maron as the sleazy and world weary promoter/Roger Corman type slasher movie director.
Catches the 80s vibe just as well as Stranger Things.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

deisegirl wrote:Ha, Elisabeth Moss has had bigger roles since the West Wing lash. Have you never seen Mad Men?
Sorry Deise just seen this.......yes I know she was in Mad Men but to me she will always be Jeds daughter :)

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Just watched Oliver Stones interviews with Putin.....fascinating stuff, although Stone asks some really dumb questions he does grill him on the tough stuff, surprisingly Putin comes out of it quite well imo.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Not a series and first shown in 2014. I wish I watched this on BBC4 over Ed Sheeran. On iPlayer for 3 months. Storyville is usually good: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... -condemned

End? Dostoyevsky? Solzhenitsyn?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?