T.V advertising

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Ralph
Forum Admin

Re: T.V advertising

Post by Ralph »

This thread is just people moaning there are too many ethnic minorities in adverts. Plumbing new depths even for Talkforum.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Why don't you start a thread about inter racial relationships if that's what you'd like to discuss
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Royal24s wrote:Why don't you start a thread about inter racial relationships if that's what you'd like to discuss

We are, and their prominence in advertising, no need for a new thread.
Brilliantly Honest

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Glad you acknowledge that fact I made....for it is true. Thank you.

Now would you or anyone else....for it is an open forum, agree if something is promoted it will become more popular by ways of using propaganda in whatever form?

And also using propaganda to also try to make some decerning voices against said forms of propaganda being used to make something popular a bad thing to do dispite any persons personal views.... even call it intolerant... Maybe even call it a form of hate speech?
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Rossco wrote:Glad you acknowledge that fact I made....for it is true. Thank you.

Now would you or anyone else....for it is an open forum, agree if something is promoted it will become more popular by ways of using propaganda in whatever form?

And also using propaganda to also try to make some decerning voices against said forms of propaganda being used to make something popular a bad thing to do dispite any persons personal views.... even call it intolerant... Maybe even call it a form of hate speech?
You logged into the wrong account. Doh!

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Ralph wrote:
Rossco wrote:Glad you acknowledge that fact I made....for it is true. Thank you.

You logged into the wrong account. Doh!

And you seemed to have missed the bus to school.

And that is why they always lose.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:My day is often spent dealing with more people from ethnic backgrounds than people from my own. Many are some of my best friends

:lol:
Which makes it all the more baffling why the overriding theme of what you post in this forum is one of bigotry and intolerance.
You wouldn't have the balls to say half of what you spout on here to people in the street.

Obviously you don't have friends from ethnic backgrounds or you'd know just how much racism is displayed amongst them. They are far more prejudiced than you would ever believe. We're talking in the real world here so I'd steer clear of the discussion if I were you as your above sentence gives away your naivety as much as if you were to have invented a bus journey through an ethnic area and done a survey.

If you read my posts properly; which you don't, and had a memory longer than a goldfish; also which you don't ,you'd realise I reserve the most criticism for those like you who blindly fly the flag for everyone from an ethnic background while declaring any criticism , such as pointing out disproportionate levels of violent crime, or discussing sustainable infrastructures are not reasonable arguments but just racist and prejudiced comments.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

It's not the people portrayed in these adverts it's the agenda that grinds my gears. The chances are I'd like the actors better than the people behind the agenda. In fact I'm certain - unless they turned out to be some kind of activist.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Roy Twing wrote: The question really should be why do you (apparently) perceive misrepresentation of british society into an 'idealised' version as acceptable, given the well known power of manipulation by broadcast media.

Here's one you may like Roy, assuming red hair is OK :D

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

That's not bad. But it does lack any couples.
I think the objection is that couples are over portrayed as being mixed race, rather than individuals.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

m4rkb wrote:
subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:My day is often spent dealing with more people from ethnic backgrounds than people from my own. Many are some of my best friends

:lol:
Which makes it all the more baffling why the overriding theme of what you post in this forum is one of bigotry and intolerance.
You wouldn't have the balls to say half of what you spout on here to people in the street.

Obviously you don't have friends from ethnic backgrounds or you'd know just how much racism is displayed amongst them. They are far more prejudiced than you would ever believe. We're talking in the real world here so I'd steer clear of the discussion if I were you as your above sentence gives away your naivety as much as if you were to have invented a bus journey through an ethnic area and done a survey.

If you read my posts properly; which you don't, and had a memory longer than a goldfish; also which you don't ,you'd realise I reserve the most criticism for those like you who blindly fly the flag for everyone from an ethnic background while declaring any criticism , such as pointing out disproportionate levels of violent crime, or discussing sustainable infrastructures are not reasonable arguments but just racist and prejudiced comments.

This is true, it is quite shocking how racist Jamaicans and the irish are, despite the history of them being severely bullied just for what they were.

I used to have these yardies, theyre in jail now, bless them, come into the pub and in his super thick Jamaican accent ranted and raved about we can get all the immigrants out of this country after brexit. He would not see that fact he was an immigrant either, despite me pointing out that is not a london accent he possesses and he was born in Jamaica. It was weird. I loved that crew though, they were so funny. But weirdly racist. There is an undertone of racism all over London, to be fair. I suppose thatll blow over in a few generations.
Build Back More Betterer

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

It instantly blows over the second one decent person deals with any other decent person regardless of background preferably in a productive environment like work. But the undertone of racism is probably here to stay when viewed as broad brush strokes. I've heard these comments from every background going but the likes of subsub cannot bring themselves to address it or even admit it - probably because they don't mix well enough to see any real world examples and thus have to rely on leftist theory of what constitutes racism to form an argument - which is invariably one that only singles out white British people.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

m4rkb wrote:That's not bad. But it does lack any couples.
I think the objection is that couples are over portrayed as being mixed race, rather than individuals.

Would have been interesting to see the reaction, if there was any, if it had been the other way round.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Zambo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:That's not bad. But it does lack any couples.

Would have been interesting to see the reaction, if there was any, if it had been the other way round.

How do you mean?

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

I think the actual problem is all these advertising agencies are in london. These ads are a true reflection of london, but not of the country.
Build Back More Betterer