Policeman killed

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Sid Pervcat

Re: Policeman killed

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Devondevon wrote:Leader82

Excellent posts you make.

There was a home invasion killing last year where an elderly gentleman killed one of the traveller community in defending his home and poorly wife.

The behaviour and threats of the traveller community was appalling.

There does seem to be a breakdown of law and order especially with regards to respecting the police

Hello Bobbles

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Police are overwhelmed and simply can’t be bothered to investigate anything except “serious crimes” and online fraud doesn’t really get followed up on. A previous Home Secretary cut police numbers by 30,000 and the present PM heralded a policing triumph by recruiting the same number. Not sure how precisely how the Tories are going to get tough on crime. That ship sailed years ago when policing became more and more politicised.

There needs to be a magic money tree somewhere to fund extra policing.

antdad

Post by antdad »

I'm speculating from what I've read but it seems he was traffic police and possibly involved in a stinger...you know how those work, the officer has to get fairly near to the roadside to deploy them and the assailants have to take fairly evasive action to avoid them. Not the safest occupation.

Devondevon

Post by Devondevon »

theleader82 wrote:If police were armed they would be feared more by the criminal elements. It’s time we got tough on crime

I can't disagree

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

If, as antdad suggests, he was deploying a stinger, the cars targetted would have been those wanted in possible connection with a crime. Evasive action or deliberate running down will become clear later.
The fact that a young boy was with the arrested unusual.

Devondevon

Post by Devondevon »

theleader82 wrote:If police were armed they would be feared more by the criminal elements. It’s time we got tough on crime

Very good point!

Its something which i just don't get in this day and age when you consider the lack of respect and dangers police officers face daily.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Devondevon wrote:

I can't disagree

If killing a member of the police 'service' remained a capital offence, there would be fewer such instances.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Devondevon

Post by Devondevon »

Roy Twing wrote:
Devondevon wrote:

I can't disagree

If killing a member of the police 'service' remained a capital offence, there would be fewer such instances.

Absolutely!

I hope they bring back the death sentence for killing a member of the police force. The electric chair would be great for frying the murderers

Im not a fan of gypsies. I find them feral and completely lawless.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Devondevon wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Devondevon wrote:

I can't disagree

Absolutely!

I hope they bring back the death sentence for killing a member of the police force. The electric chair would be great for frying the murderers

They shouldn't be able to use public services such as the NHS and schools, unless they are paying taxes. Persistent lawbreakers should be sent back to Ireland imho
Man U and rangers

Salem

Post by Salem »

kancutlawns wrote:One instance is all you’ve given. The OP has pinned the blame on the traveller community. You after collective punishment Bobbles?

Hardly evidence of a breakdown in law and order. I need to see single retweets and rants about the BBC to take this seriously enough.

Lawnsey , if you don't think law and order in this country ain't broke , i'd love to live in your world . This tragic incident is becoming the norm in this once great country and until people realize this it's never going to get better .

You can (justifiably) blame cuts to the police service but it's time we started calling a spade a spade . If it was the "traveller" community , it wouldn't be a surprise to me . They're bottom feeding pondlife . I know . The area where i live is riddled with them . They truly believe they're untouchable and the law doesn't apply to them and guess what ? It appears they're right .

It's a crying shame what's happened to this officer but at the end of the day he'll be a statistic amongst many others until those at the top start being tough on real criminals and not those who may offend some poor creature by calling them a bad name online .

I'd call it prioritizing . Whether you like to admit it or not , law and order is broke :(
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Devondevon

Post by Devondevon »

Salem wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:One instance is all you’ve given. The OP has pinned the blame on the traveller community. You after collective punishment Bobbles?

Hardly evidence of a breakdown in law and order. I need to see single retweets and rants about the BBC to take this seriously enough.

Lawnsey , if you don't think law and order in this country ain't broke , i'd love to live in your world . This tragic incident is becoming the norm in this once great country and until people realize this it's never going to get better .

You can (justifiably) blame cuts to the police service but it's time we started calling a spade a spade . If it was the "traveller" community , it wouldn't be a surprise to me . They're bottom feeding pondlife . I know . The area where i live is riddled with them . They truly believe they're untouchable and the law doesn't apply to them and guess what ? It appears they're right .

It's a crying shame what's happened to this officer but at the end of the day he'll be a statistic amongst many others until those at the top start being tough on real criminals and not those who may offend some poor creature by calling them a bad name online .

I'd call it prioritizing . Whether you like to admit it or not , law and order is broke :(

:dart:

Exceptionally good post!

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The Criminal Justice System hasn't been tough on crime for about 30 years. All it's done is recruit 'experts' who can sympathise and understand the problem while the criminals see this weakness and are all in favour of more liberals.

We need to create a massive fenced off prison where they are kept away from the rest of us until they are reformed according to people who aren't as easily conned as the ones currently telling us they have been 'rehabilitated' and should be let back into society.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Devondevon wrote:
Salem wrote:

:dart:

Exceptionally good post!

+1

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Devondevon wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Devondevon wrote:

I can't disagree

Absolutely!

The usual suspects a knee jerking like they're doing a Highland jig.

The crime rate in this country is relatively low. Despite the current government doing their level best to grind the police force into dust.

As for arming the police as a matter of routine being the answer to all of societies ills? Isn't it the case that countries who do arms their police have higher per capita murder rates than we do? The same applies for the death sentence

Regarding the scumbags.who murdered the policeman. You guys are normally 'straigjt talkers' but appear to be skirting round the fact that the perpetrators are white. You've focused on the fact that they're are travellers involved but not their ethnicity. Why is that?1
A joyless arsehole.