The Rise of LBC - Part 2

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
subsub

Re: The Rise of LBC - Part 2

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:53 am Wokeness is infesting and contaminating every nook and cranny like a swarm of starving locusts.
You talk about wokeness as if it's a bad thing, when the reality is that it means being socially aware and having a conscience.
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:32 am
carcinogen wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:47 am LBC is defo anti-Tory during the day but I doubt the listening figures are that high during the day. Most listeners to O'Brien seem to be members of Momentum, with the odd angry Gammon thrown in sometimes. Fogerty and Mair (and O Brien) are so anti Boris it's unhealthy for them.
Last official listening figures had O'Brien with the biggest audience, overtaking Ferrari's
It’s because of despite him winding up the masses he’s able to articulately and passionately argue his points and this is far better listening than the bland, fence sitting, risk averse faceless chinless wonders like Ferrari, Castle and Pierce who aren’t really pulling in new listeners. Many listeners do actually like listening to O’Brien and although he’s not that good in heavy doses, he brings something different, not many others on the station do. The other established presenters are mostly safe, predictable and too entrenched.

This left wing slur is ridiculous and smacks of sour grapes.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

How dare zummo-o use they/them when referring to lbc
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:40 pm
Zambo wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:53 am Wokeness is infesting and contaminating every nook and cranny like a swarm of starving locusts.
You talk about wokeness as if it's a bad thing, when the reality is that it means being socially aware and having a conscience.
That's your description not mine. I see them as a group full of self-importance and self-entitlement, who don't believe they have to stick to the rules. They hide behind the social justice crusade banner, fucking peoples lives up as they go. Horrid people.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Zambo wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:37 pm
That's your description not mine. I see them as a group full of self-importance and self-entitlement, who don't believe they have to stick to the rules. They hide behind the social justice crusade banner, fucking peoples lives up as they go. Horrid people.
Who? Bit of a generalisation there.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Yeah you are right. They aren't all horrid, some are just deluded.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:37 pm
That's your description not mine
No, it's what the term means.
Rags like the DM may have decided it means something else, but how I described it is the definition of the word:

https://www.lexico.com/definition/woke
Alert to injustice and discrimination in society, especially racism.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

No idea how the Mail have decided what it means, I've given you my description. I'd stick them all in one place where they can do less damage. What about Woking. 😄

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Zambo wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:49 pm Yeah you are right. They aren't all horrid, some are just deluded.
The tiny, tiny minority ones which you hear about in the news are the deluded ones. The rest of the Woke Brigade, as some people love calling them, are just normal, decent folk who can see when somethings aren’t fair.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:11 pm
Zambo wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:49 pm Yeah you are right. They aren't all horrid, some are just deluded.
The tiny, tiny minority ones which you hear about in the news are the deluded ones. The rest of the Woke Brigade, as some people love calling them, are just normal, decent folk who can see when somethings aren’t fair.
Rabid right wingers in cancel culture? Shirley not.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I certainly wouldn't give most of them the honour of calling them a brigade. Incidentally you can be decent and deluded.

Subs, the only time I look at the Mail these days is when Lottie Moss is in. That woman is so hot.

subsub

Post by subsub »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:11 pm
Spot on.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:27 pm Subs, the only time I look at the Mail these days is when Lottie Moss is in. That woman is so hot.
*checks Google*
:D
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

10.00 show pretty appalling this morning with Angela Rayner at the helm. With the TS show at the same time an absolutely clusterfuck I thought I'd flick the dial over and it's not that much better to be fair. Just loads of moaning about Johnson and the candidates and loads of people phoning in saying what a great woman Angela is when she comes over as a cliched professional northerner just complaining and offering nothing as an alternative. Not a Conservative by any means but it does make one wonder if the Labour hierarchy is shitting itself in the unlikely event that the Tories pull themselves together by getting a leader that knows what they're doing. They really don't know what to do when Johnson goes do they?

Perhaps getting rid of Starmer and replacing him with someone with a pulse, personality and vision may help and they could wipe the floor with the Conservatives at the next election.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

I'm liking Angela's show myself .. although only listened since 11.