In-depth debate on all topical issues
kancutlawns

Re: Remembrance

Post by kancutlawns »

lambrini wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:00 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:50 pm
lambrini wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:46 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:58 pm
theleader82 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:44 am Tommy robinson and some of his supporters are in London to protect the cenotaph
And they fucked off within the hour.
It's astonishing how both of you swiftly condemn the far-right—and rightly so—but sit on the fence when it comes to antisemites and Hamas supporters, which have infiltrated every mass free-Palestine-ceasefire-now protest in the capital since the 7th of October.

You are wrong and presumably as you’re not on today’s march, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Still, keep lapping up what you read from Suella, Murray and the DM.

Curious to know how you’ve come to the conclusion that every match has been infiltrated by antisemites and Hamas supporters? Is that from an independent, objective source?
Still no condemnation from you, Lawns. Why? 🤔
You don't know anything about me. I neither "follow" Suella Braverman nor do I read The Daily Mail, nor do I agree with everything that Douglas Murray says.

Can I provide independent, objective sources? Sure, that's no trouble at all. Aside from copious amounts of actual video evidence on Twitter and elsewhere, verified outlets have reported such behaviour every week since the 7th of October, including:

'Two women have been charged with terrorism offences after allegedly displaying pro-Hamas imagery at a London demonstration, police said on Friday, as they warned about possible radicalisation as a result of the Israel-Gaza conflict.' (Reuters, 3 November)

'At times, the march erupted into violence. One man was detained on Whitehall in connection with an officer assault, with the officer later taken to hospital. Another was arrested in Waterloo Road on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence and making threats to kill. (The Guardian, 28 October)'

'A 31-year-old man was arrested by officers on suspicion of displaying an banner supportive of a proscribed organisation (under Section 13 of the Terrorism Act 2000). The arrest was made in the Whitehall area on Tuesday, 17 October, during a pro-Palestine demonstration.' (Metropolitan Police, 20 October)

Ahead of the demonstration, the Met Police announced it had banned protesters from assembling outside of the Israeli embassy and revealed that counter-terrorism officers would be monitoring for anyone supporting Hamas or Hezbollah, both of which are banned under the UK's terror laws. (BBC, 20 October.)

'Two women who wore images of paragliders on their backs during Saturday's protest for Palestinians are now being sought by London police. The women, who wore red and black jackets, are being asked to come forward as part of an investigation into a potential public order offence. The images may be a reference to Hamas storming into Israel on motorised paragliders during a surprise attack last weekend.'(Sky News, 16 October.)

'Some 30,000 people attended a march through central London, which featured chants including “From the river, to the sea, Palestine must be free”. Photographs showed some of those attending the demonstration wearing images of paragliders on their backs, in an echo of the tactics used by Hamas to infiltrate Israeli territory last weekend to massacre 1,300 people.' (The Telegraph, 14 October.)
Telegraph objective. 🤣🤣🤣 I thought you posted during the week that the Police would as usual do nothing at all now you’re citing them as a source. Most queer as per.

Do you believe everything you read? You seem very outraged about people protesting and think they’re all terrorists. Nothing could be further from the truth and you simply have no idea at all about peaceful protestors going to London today as it would never fit your triggered agenda.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:35 pm Lawns being edgy is like buying trainers from wish.
+1

You thought you had bought a pair of Veja trainers from "Net-a-Porter", only to find that they were dropshipped knockoffs instead. :lol:
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:41 pm
theleader82 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:44 am Tommy robinson and some of his supporters are in London to protect the cenotaph
It's astonishing how both of you swiftly condemn the far-right—and rightly so—but sit on the fence when it comes to antisemites and Hamas supporters, which have infiltrated every mass free-Palestine-ceasefire-now protest in the capital since the 7th of October.

You are wrong and presumably as you’re not on today’s march, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Still, keep lapping up what you read from Suella, Murray and the DM.

Curious to know how you’ve come to the conclusion that every match has been infiltrated by antisemites and Hamas supporters? Is that from an independent, objective source?
You don't know anything about me. I neither "follow" Suella Braverman nor do I read The Daily Mail, nor do I agree with everything that Douglas Murray says.

Can I provide independent, objective sources? Sure, that's no trouble at all. Aside from copious amounts of actual video evidence on Twitter and elsewhere, verified outlets have reported such behaviour every week since the 7th of October, including:

'Two women have been charged with terrorism offences after allegedly displaying pro-Hamas imagery at a London demonstration, police said on Friday, as they warned about possible radicalisation as a result of the Israel-Gaza conflict.' (Reuters, 3 November)

'At times, the march erupted into violence. One man was detained on Whitehall in connection with an officer assault, with the officer later taken to hospital. Another was arrested in Waterloo Road on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence and making threats to kill. (The Guardian, 28 October)'

'A 31-year-old man was arrested by officers on suspicion of displaying an banner supportive of a proscribed organisation (under Section 13 of the Terrorism Act 2000). The arrest was made in the Whitehall area on Tuesday, 17 October, during a pro-Palestine demonstration.' (Metropolitan Police, 20 October)

Ahead of the demonstration, the Met Police announced it had banned protesters from assembling outside of the Israeli embassy and revealed that counter-terrorism officers would be monitoring for anyone supporting Hamas or Hezbollah, both of which are banned under the UK's terror laws. (BBC, 20 October.)

'Two women who wore images of paragliders on their backs during Saturday's protest for Palestinians are now being sought by London police. The women, who wore red and black jackets, are being asked to come forward as part of an investigation into a potential public order offence. The images may be a reference to Hamas storming into Israel on motorised paragliders during a surprise attack last weekend.'(Sky News, 16 October.)

'Some 30,000 people attended a march through central London, which featured chants including “From the river, to the sea, Palestine must be free”. Photographs showed some of those attending the demonstration wearing images of paragliders on their backs, in an echo of the tactics used by Hamas to infiltrate Israeli territory last weekend to massacre 1,300 people.' (The Telegraph, 14 October.)
Telegraph objective. 🤣🤣🤣 I thought you posted during the week that the Police would as usual do nothing at all now you’re citing them as a source. Most queer as per.

Do you believe everything you read? You seem very outraged about people protesting and think they’re all terrorists. Nothing could be further from the truth and you simply have no idea at all about peaceful protestors going to London today as it would never fit your triggered agenda.
I don't believe everything I read, nor do I have a "triggered agenda." You're once again making the most outrageous assumptions about me. You've revealed yourself to be a rather nasty little man in recent months. It's very disappointing.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

birdie

Post by birdie »

lambrini wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:21 pm

I don't believe everything I read, nor do I have a "triggered agenda." You're once again making the most outrageous assumptions about me. You've revealed yourself to be a rather nasty little man in recent months. It's very disappointing.
ROTFLMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Yes you do. You’ve decided that every match held was antisemitic and Pro Hamas based on. sporadic articles from typical right wing scum media outlets and very little besides. You’ve been to non yourself yet seem to treat what your ears and eyes have been exposed to as gospel. Your choice really but I thought you were supposed to be rather discerning and smart with your reading material. Perhaps this isn’t the case. Very err dis…

Your ad hominem attacks when asked about your attitudes and obsesssion with right wing bilge is quite amusing.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:44 pm

Yes you do. You’ve decided that every match held was antisemitic and Pro Hamas based on. sporadic articles from typical right wing scum media outlets and very little besides. You’ve been to non yourself yet seem to treat what your ears and eyes have been exposed to as gospel. Your choice really but I thought you were supposed to be rather discerning and smart with your reading material. Perhaps this isn’t the case. Very err dis…
Reuters, the BBC, the Telegraph, the Guardian, and the Met’s crime page are “right wing scum media” sources. LOL! Oh, boy. Sure. I’ll take your word for it, Lawns. For the record, in case you missed it, I didn’t say every march was based on antisemitism and support for Hamas; I said antisemites and pro-Hamas supporters have infiltrated every mass march in London since the attack. To infiltrate means to invade or intrude on something. Big difference, my dude.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Obsession with right wing bilge

The Kank Bot really has lost the plot this time!
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Salem

Post by Salem »

Yet unsurprising
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Salem wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:34 pm

Yet unsurprising
+1

birdie

Post by birdie »

Anyone watching the presentation from the Albert Hall?
This is the first year since himself died that I've had the heart to watch, and by 'eck it's bringing back some painful memories,, but also some very happy ones.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

subsub

Post by subsub »

birdie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:17 pm Anyone watching the presentation from the Albert Hall?
This is the first year since himself died that I've had the heart to watch, and by 'eck it's bringing back some painful memories,, but also some very happy ones.
:(
I'll bet, birdie. These events are incredibly powerful and evocative.
I remember watching years ago where they released one poppy for every lost soldier from the ceiling, in absolute silence. Very moving.
WOKE AND PROUD

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

subsub wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:23 pm
birdie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:17 pm Anyone watching the presentation from the Albert Hall?
:(
I'll bet, birdie. These events are incredibly powerful and evocative.
I remember watching years ago where they released one poppy for every lost soldier from the ceiling, in absolute silence. Very moving.
+1

I always feel moved after watching the Albert Hall service. Likewise, the Sunday service in town. Elgar's Nimrod. ❤️
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

It's surely time to retire this mawkish demonstration of reverence to past conflicts. All of which just enables the alt-right to inflict the orwellian demand on others to "wear the poppy with pride".

We're continually badgered with the emotional blackmail to support the military unquestioningly. The best thing to do is have a day where the civilian and military dead from all conflicts are commemorated as a reminder of the evil of wars and those who declare them.

And for crying out loud, chuck those idiotic poppies in the bin. They're symbols of militaristic chauvinism and imperial nostalgia.