What's A Decent Instant Coffee?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Jonathan

Re: What's A Decent Instant Coffee?

Post by Jonathan »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:Nescafe Azera Americano is one of the better ones. It's pricey, but quite often it's on offer in places. Carte Noire is pretty tasty as well.
I concur - I was given a cup of really nice coffee and asked what it was, I now buy Azera Americano
Yep, if drinking instant that's the best one.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

I only started drinking coffee because the water where I live is terrible and you'd really notice it with tea. Now I only drink tea in my dad's house or at home if I'm feeling sick and only "tea and toast" will do.

Nescafe espresso is quite nice but quite expensive and I am poor and just want something coffee flavoured so just drink whatever I pick up in Aldi or Lidl. Nescafe have a big jar called "crema gold" but I'll only buy that on special offer because you don't get much change out of ten euro otherwise :roll:

Coffee bores are up there with chocolate bores "anything less than 98% cocoa solids is a waste of time" :smt015
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

subsub

Post by subsub »

I work in the drinks industry, and if you think that wine or whisky geeks are bad, they have NOTHING on coffee geeks.
WOKE AND PROUD

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Tends to be a hipster thing as well. Triple roasted sun smoked Guatemalan-Ecuadorian blend. And that's just the beards.
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

"A hocka macka latta datta.."

If it doesnt sound like your coughing up the last of your TB ridden lungs when ordering, then they just dont want to serve you.

"Two large coffees , please, milk and 2 sugars."
"Fuck off, pleb."
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Much better.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I drop my standards at work as there's usually a right pile of piss on offer unless I bring my own.

Worst job ever was a woman who used Camp :vom: and I told her don't give me that shit when I start the job. I like strong dark roast. What did she buy? Fucking Mellow Birds and her idea of strong was one level teaspoon. :twisted:

Aldi do a very good cheap one for under 2 quid which punches well over its weight for a two quid jar.
Nescafe of old has gone down the pan. Gold Blend is expensive and decent but at home it's various dark roast hi caffeine ground versions.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

m4rkb wrote:I drop my standards at work as there's usually a right pile of piss on offer unless I bring my own.

Worst job ever was a woman who used Camp :vom: and I told her don't give me that shit when I start the job. I like strong dark roast. What did she buy? Fucking Mellow Birds and her idea of strong was one level teaspoon. :twisted:

Aldi do a very good cheap one for under 2 quid which punches well over its weight for a two quid jar.
Nescafe of old has gone down the pan. Gold Blend is expensive and decent but at home it's various dark roast hi caffeine ground versions.
My mum used to drink Camp Coffee. I have to admit to quite liking it. In fact I'm nostalgic for it just thinking about it.
It must be at least 30 years since I had some.

I'm not entirely sure that there was any actual coffee in it though.
Proud Gammon

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

There wasn't it was chichory or some other poison.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Steve Hunt wrote:Image

Much better.

Thats like saying 'Spurs are better than Arsenal'

The evidence suggests otherwise.
Proud Gammon

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Didn't you used to have a large pot of stewed tea in your gaff Baz like every other Irish family I've known?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

m4rkb wrote:Didn't you used to have a large pot of stewed tea in your gaff Baz like every other Irish family I've known?
Yep, but it was for my Dad and he was a Sahhhf Lahndahnaah.
My mum drank both but liked coffee better. I think Camp Coffee was the only one you could get after the war and other coffees were expensive well into the 70s, so she made do with Camp.
I got a taste for Camp too....the "coffee" not the demeanour....Oh, I don't know though, Duckie.
Proud Gammon

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

D'ya know. I'm actually tempted to find some camp and palm it off on a few people to see the reaction. Plus remind myself of how bad it is.

Some of the fuckers I work with would drink any old muck.

Edit: Nah fuck it. On second thoughts I can't be bothered spending a penny on that bunch. They can stick with Happy Shopper own brand.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Basualdo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:I drop my standards at work as there's usually a right pile of piss on offer unless I bring my own.

My mum used to drink Camp Coffee. I have to admit to quite liking it. In fact I'm nostalgic for it just thinking about it.
It must be at least 30 years since I had some.

I'm not entirely sure that there was any actual coffee in it though.
I'm sure it had a "colonial image" on the bottle, which older people found reassuring. :) It's one of those products, like Trex or those squeezy Jif lemons, whose days must be numbered.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Post the label on a PM to Tick and just watch him go :D