£89m Paul Pogba...

Anything sportlike
Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Re: £89m Paul Pogba...

Post by Robert Heenan »

Im not a fan of Paul Pogba at all. I thought we paid far too much money for him. He simply doesn't have any positional sense or tactical awareness to his game. He certainly can't control games from midfield like a Busquets, Modric, Pirlo, Alonso, Kroos or even a Fabregas. I simply don't know what his defined role in the team is. He is like a big kid in the school yard who because of his physical prescence thinks he can get away with trying to do bizarre keepy-uppies in the middle of the park and trying to keep hold of the ball instead of passing it when required..He isn't a defensive midfielder and id say that Paul Ince was a far better and effective than Pogba. In fact id say even the likes of Mike Phelan, Neil Webb, Ronny Johnson and Brian Mcclair were far better midfield players.

I and many others have been saying well before Grame Souness's attack on Pogba that he is a liability in midfield

Graeme Souness claims Paul Pogba lacks a 'basic understanding' of playing central midfield

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... g-playing/

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Robert Heenan wrote:Im not a fan of Paul Pogba at all. I thought we paid far too much money for him. He simply doesn't have any positional sense or tactical awareness to his game. He certainly can't control games from midfield like a Busquets, Modric, Pirlo, Alonso, Kroos or even a Fabregas. I simply don't know what his defined role in the team is. He is like a big kid in the school yard who because of his physical prescence thinks he can get away with trying to do bizarre keepy-uppies in the middle of the park and trying to keep hold of the ball instead of passing it when required..He isn't a defensive midfielder and id say that Paul Ince was a far better and effective than Pogba. In fact id say even the likes of Mike Phelan, Neil Webb, Ronny Johnson and Brian Mcclair were far better midfield players.

I and many others have been saying well before Grame Souness's attack on Pogba that he is a liability in midfield

Graeme Souness claims Paul Pogba lacks a 'basic understanding' of playing central midfield

Del, your thoughts, please....

:)
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hope Del will along later to give his opinion, but I think it's pretty much spot on.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Robert Heenan wrote:Im not a fan of Paul Pogba at all. I thought we paid far too much money for him. He simply doesn't have any positional sense or tactical awareness to his game. He certainly can't control games from midfield like a Busquets, Modric, Pirlo, Alonso, Kroos or even a Fabregas. I simply don't know what his defined role in the team is. He is like a big kid in the school yard who because of his physical prescence thinks he can get away with trying to do bizarre keepy-uppies in the middle of the park and trying to keep hold of the ball instead of passing it when required..He isn't a defensive midfielder and id say that Paul Ince was a far better and effective than Pogba. In fact id say even the likes of Mike Phelan, Neil Webb, Ronny Johnson and Brian Mcclair were far better midfield players.

But, more importantly, is he a charlatan?
WOKE AND PROUD

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Already said that 89m Paul Pogba is an attacking midfielder and when Mourinho plays him defensively he is ordinary so no arguments there.
Manager of Jose's experience should see that.
In an attacking role he is exceptional powerful skilful and dominant.That's the role he plays for France and as England found out he can be exceptional.
Robert is correct he is no defensive midfielder but he is a fantastic attacking one.
Others just hate as haters do.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

delboy1983 wrote:Already said that 89m Paul Pogba is an attacking midfielder and when Mourinho plays him defensively he is ordinary so no arguments there.
Manager of Jose's experience should see that.
In an attacking role he is exceptional powerful skilful and dominant.That's the role he plays for France and as England found out he can be exceptional.
Robert is correct he is no defensive midfielder but he is a fantastic attacking one.
Others just hate as haters do.

Indeed, i hate Mourinho. Think Pogba was way over priced (as was Alexandre Lacazette ) Pogba is a good player, i'd have love to have seen him at Arsenal, he's just not as good as you make him out to be... 2019 Ballon d'Or winner, sorry mate, not from what i've seen so far.

:)
Forever In Our Shadow

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Yeah Lacazette, he's got 9 goals in 22, but he's missed some sitters and his outfield play has been poor imo. Is he better than Giroud?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Zambo wrote:Yeah Lacazette, he's got 9 goals in 22, but he's missed some sitters and his outfield play has been poor imo. Is he better than Giroud?

Hard to say as it's still early days for Lacazette. But if we were 0-1 with five mins to go, i'd rather see Giroud on the pitch. I was sorry to see the big fella going, i wonder if he would of stayed had it not been a WC year.
Forever In Our Shadow

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I think that Mkhitaryan’s a class purchase. Him and Aubameyang, until a few weeks time when Wenger ruins them.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Pogba gets a harder time because he plays for United [FACT]
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Poogba is a more shit and more stupid balobelli
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Poogba is a more shit and more stupid balobelli

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

delboy1983 wrote:Pogba gets a harder time because he plays for United [FACT]

Pogba gets load of money, media attention, freebies most places he goes, because he plays for United [FACT]

What's your point ?
Forever In Our Shadow

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

One could say that Stones, Van Dijk, Hart, Sterling, Sturridge and Alli have a hard time and rightly so. They don't play for United. All these players get a flipping huge wedge and pretty much need to pull their fingers out.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Sterling is a nappy-filling baby-daddying squawking shit sparrow baby bird fledgling prick of a little cunt that couldn't hit his fucking giro with a mallet
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN