Gigs You've Been To

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Boozios

Re: Gigs You've Been To

Post by Boozios »

I joked years ago wi' the Mrs that we'd be on a Saga cruise and the entertainment would be Slaughter and the Dogs still flogging their ..err...'hit' :shock:

Kill me NOW! Please!
Copulatum Expensium!

Out here... we IS stoned
Immaculate

Armoured and Effete

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

Arty Morty wrote:
LaaLaa wrote:I saw The Damned in 1991. At that time they were well past their best and it seemed like a long time since their late 70's/early 80's heyday. I hate to imagine what they're like now!
I haven't seen them since the 90s but I still listen to them.
I bet you listen mainly to their 70's/80's stuff though rather than the stuff they did later!
I really am a biatch

Arty Morty

Post by Arty Morty »

LaaLaa wrote:
Arty Morty wrote:
LaaLaa wrote:I saw The Damned in 1991. At that time they were well past their best and it seemed like a long time since their late 70's/early 80's heyday. I hate to imagine what they're like now!
I bet you listen mainly to their 70's/80's stuff though rather than the stuff they did later!
True. The last new album of new material I bought was Anything and that was very poor.
If I could get lucky I'd secede from the states
I'd buy the country at an incredible rate

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Boozios wrote:I joked years ago wi' the Mrs that we'd be on a Saga cruise and the entertainment would be Slaughter and the Dogs still flogging their ..err...'hit' :shock:

Kill me NOW! Please!

You'll be delighted to know that Messrs Barrett and Rossi are alive, well and still touring :lol:

Reg

Post by Reg »

mooncat wrote:
Boozios wrote:I joked years ago wi' the Mrs that we'd be on a Saga cruise and the entertainment would be Slaughter and the Dogs still flogging their ..err...'hit' :shock:

Kill me NOW! Please!

You'll be delighted to know that Messrs Barrett and Rossi are alive, well and still touring :lol:
:)

Roy IN!!

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

What a stupid looking bunch of twats
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

You never saw me in my Bay City Rollers shirt and trousers, Sadact. White shirt and trousers with yellow tartan down the sleeves and sides of the trousers. Style. :lol: :oops:

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sadact7 wrote:What a stupid looking bunch of twats
Indeed. :)
Roy IN!!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

mooncat wrote:the Ruts ( Or the RUT, to be accurate
Rut.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

mooncat wrote:
Boozios wrote:
I don't get it - these bands where supposed to come along and blow away the shite like Queen, Elton and Rod and then themselves be replaced by younger sprogs.etc, etc...buhhrtt...there's this repulsive career codger nostalgia circuit going on.

Do yer record - enjoy yer success...then FUCK OFF! Your 'talent' doesn't warrant a 30 year 'career' :evil:
It does though...that's the point.

Ther's been nothing to fill the void, maaaan. :cry:

I'd rather watch the Damed or the Ruts ( Or the RUT, to be accurate, the others are all brown bread) than most of the shite being pedalled by "new" bands.
Still the original drummer and bassist so still technically "Ruts" :-)
In the last few years I've seen many of my old favorites, Stranglers, Magazine, Devo, Punishment of Luxury if nothing else it's great to see some long lost old faces in the crowd so always a great night out and all of them are always well produced and sound great.
Brilliantly Honest

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Arty Morty wrote:
LaaLaa wrote:
Arty Morty wrote:
True. The last new album of new material I bought was Anything and that was very poor.
They do know this, last time I saw the Damned a year or so ago they played all of the first album and all of the black album in track order, this time it was a few off their new album and good mix of "best of" it's meant to be more nostalgia Than anything else and for oldies like me it fills the void which was left when music became more manufactured.

I still go to "new" bands live, always have always will, the good ones are still there you just have to look harder to find them as main stream music that sells gets all the publicity and main labels only invest in sure thing mass market money makers rather than talent.
Brilliantly Honest

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I saw the Damned and Ruts last night and both were good.

The ruts did a predominantly reggae set which had a good live sound to it and everything they played flowed along quite nicely. They played for almost an hour and it flew by, so that's usually a good marker that it was good.

The Damned also did a great set with plenty of the old favourites in there from the early days so no complaints from me other than the price of the beer. Seen them loads of time and always enjoyed the night.

The sound system was decent too with a big meaty sound to it, ideal for your new roses and neat, neat, neats

Boozios

Post by Boozios »

Lord Reg wrote:
mooncat wrote:

Kill me NOW! Please!

:)

They've got Armadillos in thier trousers. It's really quite frightening.
Copulatum Expensium!

Out here... we IS stoned
Immaculate

Armoured and Effete

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

We all looked like that in t' late seventies :lol:

Fuck me I looked like shaft in a three star jumper before I discovered that punk rock! :lol:

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I went to see Shed Seven last night at the Roadmender in Northampton and Mark Morriss from the Bluetones was supporting. It was a good gig, shame it was on a Monday night. Two underrated bands.
Man U and rangers