TF Chess Club 2, WCC 2014, 2016, 2018, 2021 and 2023

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: TF Chess Club 2, WCC 2014, WCC 2016, WCC 2018 and WCC 2021

Post by Carlos J »

Oh. Just over two weeks to go and chess.com has got rights: https://www.chess.com/article/view/worl ... nship-2021
Live Games

Chess.com will relay the games live on a special landing (to be announced) and provide a live video broadcast at Chess.com/TV, Twitch.tv/chess, and Youtube.com/Chess where a team of grandmasters will bring you the latest insights, instructive explanation of the moves, interviews, behind the scenes and more.
Hope they do it at a decent price. 2018 FIDE did it and was 20 bucks for all games which was value. And FIDE as per are more bent than FIFA and the IOC.

But any Svidler and Jan Gustafsson is good anywhere.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Jock Bauer

Post by Jock Bauer »

Carlos J wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:58 am Oh. Just over two weeks to go and chess.com has got rights: https://www.chess.com/article/view/worl ... nship-2021
Live Games

Chess.com will relay the games live on a special landing (to be announced) and provide a live video broadcast at Chess.com/TV, Twitch.tv/chess, and Youtube.com/Chess where a team of grandmasters will bring you the latest insights, instructive explanation of the moves, interviews, behind the scenes and more.
Hope they do it at a decent price. 2018 FIDE did it and was 20 bucks for all games which was value. And FIDE as per are more bent than FIFA and the IOC.

Looking forward to it! R u gonna watch it live? U know what times the games is gonna be?

Commentary wise I can only watch Leko/Tania, Svidler/someone, Short, Yazza/Maurice without foghorn Jen. I have trouble watching anyone else. I'd pay for any of them. Be interesting to see what's on offer.

Watched Polgar/Jovanka commentary the other week and it was a total disaster. I do like Polgar tho but she has to be with someone with a decent rating. JH was out of her depth. Top comentator is actually Kramnik I reckon but he rarely does it. Do like Trent - met him in real life and he commentated in London in the commentary room one year when I to went to watch the GT but I think he's fallen out of favour and now tries to be entertaining when that is not always what's needed.

I predict a Nepo victory.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Jock Bauer wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:36 pm
Carlos J wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:58 am Oh. Just over two weeks to go and chess.com has got rights: https://www.chess.com/article/view/worl ... nship-2021
Live Games

Looking forward to it! R u gonna watch it live? U know what times the games is gonna be?

Commentary wise I can only watch Leko/Tania, Svidler/someone, Short, Yazza/Maurice without foghorn Jen. I have trouble watching anyone else. I'd pay for any of them. Be interesting to see what's on offer.

Watched Polgar/Jovanka commentary the other week and it was a total disaster. I do like Polgar tho but she has to be with someone with a decent rating. JH was out of her depth. Top comentator is actually Kramnik I reckon but he rarely does it. Do like Trent - met him in real life and he commentated in London in the commentary room one year when I to went to watch the GT but I think he's fallen out of favour and now tries to be entertaining when that is not always what's needed.

I predict a Nepo victory.
Hey Jock. Times are 12.30pm UK time. On the link is the schedule and list of their analysts including Caruana. Not sure looking at it if they have live pictures as well. Gonna go to the FIDE site and see.

Yep, will hopefully watch most as a couple of weeks off and hopefully message you the rest day, Monday 29 November for some games.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

And yeah, could be tight. Nepo has a + record over Magnus in classical as well.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Think all platforms are covering it: https://chess.stackexchange.com/questio ... nship-2021

Judit and Giri is nice on Chess24 Deep Dive. Don't know what that is, presume a pay version.

Vishy is an official FIDE comm but can't find anything yet about official watching streams. But they were useless before the match last time, but OK when it started.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Chess24 Deep Dive: https://chess24.com/worldchesschampions ... deep-dive/

Magnus is black. Typically cheesy:
Roll on 12.30pm tomorrow.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Says the stream is free on the official site, scroll down to chat: https://chessarena.com/broadcasts/9815

Jock Bauer

Post by Jock Bauer »

Good stuff Carlos!

I reckon Giri / Polgar is free - that could be a good partnership.

https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tourn ... 2021/1/1/1

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Jock Bauer wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:22 am Good stuff Carlos!

Yeah, think it is. David Howell is on the Chess24 Global one. Giri/Polgar should be good, think I'll be alternating between that and the official. Roll on tomorrow. :)

Jock Bauer

Post by Jock Bauer »

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Back after three years. Game 1 yesterday, here's Jerry:

And GM Danny King:

A Ruy Lopez, my favourite. Carlsen as black sacrifices a pawn for early development and space and has a Bishop pair. Small chances but Nepo holds and a draw.

Best of 14, first to 7.5 wins:

Carlsen 0.5 - 0.5 Nepomniachtchi.

Flag dispute: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... ews-report

Game 2 just started, on various youtube channels mentioned above and Guardian doing live text comms here: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/live/ ... mniachtchi

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Jock Bauer wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:22 am Good stuff Carlos!

Now watching it, and they have footage from the arena as well. Read comments last night saying there seemed some maybe tension between Judit and Giri. Suppose they are both big characters. On the Danny King video comments and 11 replies:
lakermangmx
17 hours ago
Daniel.. thank you for liberating me from Judit and Anish. They have a hard work filling many hours, especially with the complete lack of chemistry they suffer from. I refreshed youtube frontpage when Judit was about the available drinks and food for the players and your vid popped up. You saved my sanity.
Svidler is somewhere, will find him and check out various others, Naka and the official, later.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Official with Vishy and GM Anna Muzychuk on the FIDE youtube channel. Currently 9.6k watching. They also have a Russian language stream there with 8.5k watching.

Jock Bauer

Post by Jock Bauer »

It was quite an enjoyable game. I watched Polgar & Giri and I found it tense tbh. I like them both but they both have annoying traits which doesn't make for good chemistry.

Judith has a habit of interrupting and talking over people. Which is a room 101 thing for me.

Giri can be quite terse. Can come across as blunt. I don't think it's intentional tho.

May check naka now.

Jock Bauer

Post by Jock Bauer »

Svidler!