Depression

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
colinthewarriormonkey

Re: Depression

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

If you don't want to go to the Docs, St Johns Wort is effective as a natural antidepressant, and you can pick it up in health food shops.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ssion.html
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Not bad, a bit of posh flange. Well done lad .
Of course youre posh yourself so it would be easier for you but still. Ambitious posh women (i imagine) are wild andagressive when enveloping the helmet.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

carcinogen wrote:.......
Way to go Carc but you realise few on here will believe you :lol:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

delboy1953 wrote:
carcinogen wrote:.......
Way to go Carc but you realise few on here will believe you :lol:

All true. Wish to God it wasn't. :drinkers:
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Geezer
Forum Admin

Post by Geezer »

Been seen done OP, best way is yourself, forget the quacks all they do is tell you you have a probelm they fix and they can't.

Sorry to sound old school, but pull yourself together unless its PTSD etc related.
'This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption.'

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Better to say nothing than something which is clearly unhelpful :(
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

[youtube][/youtube]
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

carcinogen wrote:PS. My sister received CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and it worked a treat! .
Glad you made that clear. I'd hate to think of your sister in the clutches of the nasty hairy Ultra-Grey Ryan Giggs.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

stjarnadm

Post by stjarnadm »

Basualdo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:The avoidance of ex-wives or girlfriends you once loved is a good tactic to avoid falling into a slump. Sadly for me, mine keeps showing up in the media; Sky News Press Preview, BBC3 this week......
You what? :shock:
Steady the fucken buffs there c.
You cant leave us hanging cocks out like that. I watch the Sky press preview quite often and they have some right honeys on thete sometimes. Some top posh fanny and all.

I swear if youve been bucking Michelle Dewberry then i will build a golden idol in your likeness and prostrate myself before it every sunset.
Now you're talking Bas. I would eat the shit of a dead tramp just for 30 seconds up her arse.

It seemed like a good idea at the time!

'The game's afoot:
follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Depression is one thing.
Anxiety is another.
Anxiety/ Panic attacks are horrendous and leave you feeling debilitated, fatugued and drained, which just exacerbates the whole thing and the cycle begins again.

Some good advice from peeps in here.

With anxiety, you need to counter the "fight or flight" response which causes sweats, butterflies, hyperventilation etc.Drugs can do this but all they do is mask symptoms.
Exercise is the key.
A good work out, bike ride, good brisk half hour walk, sit ups, anything!
Not sure how much you do at the moment, but at least half an hour of hard(ish) exercise per day will condition your brain to expect an endorphin rush and use the adrenalin in the way its supposed to be used.

Cut back on booze for a bit, or at least lay off wines and spirits.
Include an omega3 supplement in your diet and try to avoid anything with sunset yellow ( cant remember the e number) in it, as this can give you palpitations which in turn will make you anxious.

Try these little tweaks for a few months and see how yoy get on.

Sound simple I know, but honestly it works.

Depression is a different animal but if you can deal with your anxiety, your depression will ease.

colinthewarriormonkey

delboy1953 wrote:Better to say nothing than something which is clearly unhelpful :(
Fuck off Derek.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

colinthewarriormonkey

mooncat wrote:Depression is one thing.
Anxiety is another.
Anxiety/ Panic attacks are horrendous and leave you feeling debilitated, fatugued and drained, which just exacerbates the whole thing and the cycle begins again.

Some good advice from peeps in here.

With anxiety, you need to counter the "fight or flight" response which causes sweats, butterflies, hyperventilation etc.Drugs can do this but all they do is mask symptoms.
Exercise is the key.
A good work out, bike ride, good brisk half hour walk, sit ups, anything!
Not sure how much you do at the moment, but at least half an hour of hard(ish) exercise per day will condition your brain to expect an endorphin rush and use the adrenalin in the way its supposed to be used.

Cut back on booze for a bit, or at least lay off wines and spirits.
Include an omega3 supplement in your diet and try to avoid anything with sunset yellow ( cant remember the e number) in it, as this can give you palpitations which in turn will make you anxious.

Try these little tweaks for a few months and see how yoy get on.

Sound simple I know, but honestly it works.

Depression is a different animal but if you can deal with your anxiety, your depression will ease.

Good Advice

Aspartame is another thing that can induce symptoms of panic, it's found in all sorts of stuff as well. Not just diet pop, It's even in stuff that supposed to be good for you like berrocca.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys ... 000199.txt
"The Cunt's Cunt."

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Not a believer in drugs until nothing else works, but Amitriptyline is a non addictive sleep aid/anti depressant. Higher doses for depression but small ones (10mg) can be excellent for a good nights sleep. No matter what you have, sleep is essential for wellbeing if you are having probs in that area.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

See a Doctor get a diagnosis of where you are and manage it from them.
Do not try to work out your condition yourself

Is it stress

Is it stress with bouts of depression

Is it full blown depression

All can be managed in different ways some medicinally

I suppose I am saying do not try to second guess your condition without expert help

When you are in a stressful state which causes you to be distressed a major life changing occurrence
which is detrimental can career you into clinical depression.
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Tind

Post by Tind »

You're one brave man ilk59 for talking about your depression here. In my darkest hours I struggled on without discussing my thoughts with anyone. Thankfully, I managed to pull myself through. I sunk so low I thought about chucking myself under trains on more than one occasion. No Doc, friend or relative was consulted. Only because I thought they'd make the matter worse because I expected to be talked at rather than listened to. Anyway, time was the healer. I'm with Geezer on this one. Patience, time and self belief will hopefully see you through. It seems to me that this new job is a great opportunity to start putting demons to rest. It might take a while. Stick with it. Luckily we live here in good old Blighty where, should you choose, there are support mechanisms that you can access. You know what you're dealing with ilk59, so are best placed to decide which will work best for you. Good luck.

Peace and Love