Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Does Anyone Seriously Believe This?

Post by Steve Hunt »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30931732

Crime falls to new record low levels in England and Wales

therealHJ

Re: Does Anyone Seriously Believe This?

Post by therealHJ »

The Crime Survey of England and Wales estimates are double those recorded by the police which suggests many crimes aren't reported or if they are then not recorded by the police.

Violent crime, public order offences and sexual offences are all up significantly due to a change in recording methodology :? so it is hard to determine what this means in reality

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Steve Hunt wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30931732

Crime falls to new record low levels in England and Wales
I would expect for a lot of reasons the Crime Survey and the official stats to differ. Not simply due to manipulation.

I don't know how you can form an intelligent view of the subject by relying on personal observation alone. If I did, I would certainly agree it is reducing.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Post by Glazed Earthenware Horse »

What ever it means the UK is still one of the safest places to live in the entire world. Criminality will never be completely eradicated...there will always be cunts, but I believe there is no doubt we've seen a drop in criminal activity. Roun 'ere where I live, burglary used to be rife, but it's a rare event now. Street robbery around here is almost nil. Car theft is down. Violent crime is very low. Rural crime on the other hand round these parts has increased.

But there was far more crime around here, especially burglary and car theft in the 90s, then there is today.
Talkforum's Official Crazy Larger than life Character!

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

I haven't committed a crime all day
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sadact7 wrote:I haven't committed a crime all day

Hang on I'm just checking through yesterday's posts :mrgreen:
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of crimes were related to people stealing your stuff so they could sell it on, nowadays even mobile phones are so cheap they'll get fuck all for them.

Who's going to buy a stolen DVD payer down the pub when you can get a new one for 20 quid.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of crimes were related to people stealing your stuff so they could sell it on, nowadays even mobile phones are so cheap they'll get fuck all for them.

Who's going to buy a stolen DVD payer down the pub when you can get a new one for 20 quid.
Precisely Colin. Electric goods are far cheaper now...easier to obtain. One main reason for the decline in crime.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:What ever it means the UK is still one of the safest places to live in the entire world. Criminality will never be completely eradicated...there will always be cunts, but I believe there is no doubt we've seen a drop in criminal activity. Roun 'ere where I live, burglary used to be rife, but it's a rare event now. Street robbery around here is almost nil. Car theft is down. Violent crime is very low. Rural crime on the other hand round these parts has increased.

But there was far more crime around here, especially burglary and car theft in the 90s, then there is today.
Sexual & violent crime is not reducing, and in fact, the UK is one of the least 'safe' places in the developed world.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:
colinthewarriormonkey wrote:I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of crimes were related to people stealing your stuff so they could sell it on, nowadays even mobile phones are so cheap they'll get fuck all for them.

Precisely Colin. Electric goods are far cheaper now...easier to obtain. One main reason for the decline in crime.
Car crime also.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Roy Twing wrote:
Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:What ever it means the UK is still one of the safest places to live in the entire world. Criminality will never be completely eradicated...there will always be cunts, but I believe there is no doubt we've seen a drop in criminal activity. Roun 'ere where I live, burglary used to be rife, but it's a rare event now. Street robbery around here is almost nil. Car theft is down. Violent crime is very low. Rural crime on the other hand round these parts has increased.

Sexual & violent crime is not reducing, and in fact, the UK is one of the least 'safe' places in the developed world.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olice.html
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Zambo wrote:
Sadact7 wrote:I haven't committed a crime all day
I cant look at the guy in that GoT gif without a cold shudder. Saddo will know what i mean. :?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Daily Fail puts me back in my place again...awwww... shucks...

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:Daily Fail puts me back in my place again...awwww... shucks...

Well theres certainly no more hassle from beggars, tramps and street scum round your bailiwick these days, for some reason, I'll give you that.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Horse TRAMPLED
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN