Does Anyone Seriously Believe This?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
m4rkb

Re: Does Anyone Seriously Believe This?

Post by m4rkb »

Roy Twing wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:Just heard a headline stating that reported hate crime has increased by some 30% - according to the BBC they imply that Brexit is part of the cause.
All very nice in propaganda world, until you realise that actual prosecutions for these selfsame 'crimes' actually fell by 6% in the same period.
Interesting I thought.

There is a huge difference between a load of leftist based groups encouraging everyone to report every perceived sleight and it actually being a fact. If it was the BBC that reported this, then I'd have taken it with a huge pinch of salt in the first place as I'm sure you would yourself.

Continually trying to peddle the myth there's a massive rise in (right wing) hate crime which is what they're trying to insinuate does none of these groups any favours in terms of credibility.

The sad news is it's only a smokescreen to hide the inconvenient truth that they are not prepared to tackle the real root causes of proper hatred which stems from the intolerant left, it's supporters and those who align themselves to it as some kind of victim.

Indeed - can you believe that 'unfriendliness ' is now part of the hate crime menu?

A very welcome addition to the legal list in my view if total confusion and chaos is your goal. It would be interesting to witness any court case the Police brought against someone and watch the defendant claim the arrest was unlawful as the plod were 'unfriendly', while at the same time going round arresting others for the same offence. :D

Absurdity at this particular level is thankfully not yet here but it is being heavily pushed for. The only winners would be lawyers who'd welcome endless arguments for hour upon hour with no outcome that remotely resembled sense or fairness, just another need to prove someone's feelings were hurt. Boo hoo.

They seems intend on removing as many specifics from the law as possible and making everything subject to loose interpretation all while employing ever more liberal judges to decide on all this. But the problem is in the law and the way these things are defined - more importantly who is getting to define them.