The Religion of Peace? (Part 2)

In-depth debate on all topical issues
kancutlawns

Re: The Religion of Peace? (Part 2)

Post by kancutlawns »

Roy Twing wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Lol. Not much point asking about his views on the disproportionality of the number of adherants of the religion of peace in the professional game then. No doubt out there abusing our girls and filling out the prison cells with access to better cuisine.

Think Royston's a Blues fan, has mentioned his dislike of da Villa.
1. By all means ask if you're interested.

2. The ultimate example of lawnmowerman not bothering to read what was written.
1. No.
2. Err no.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

kancutlawns wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Lol. Not much point asking about his views on the disproportionality of the number of adherants of the religion of peace in the professional game then. No doubt out there abusing our girls and filling out the prison cells with access to better cuisine.

Think Royston's a Blues fan, has mentioned his dislike of da Villa.
1. By all means ask if you're interested.

2. The ultimate example of lawnmowerman not bothering to read what was written.
1. No.
2. Err no.

1. suit yourself, - if you'd rather continue snidely referring to me in third party so be it

2. err yes - I happen to support the villa (at least I was before I lost interest in that 'working class' game).
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Roy Twing wrote:
Robert Heenan wrote:Not defending muslims as I believe theres way too many of em here

'Violence more common' in Bible than Quran, text analysis reveals

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 63381.html

As a Christian - all i can say is that it all requires perspective regarding the situation, culture, events and the times. Needs contextualisation
Seems you've become the unlikely champion of the cringing apologists on here (my enemy's enemy and all that) - well done.

Not sure what your'point' about the bible is meant to show though, - there is probably more violence in the beano (or was when I was a kid, but no doubt these days I may be wrong) - it still doesn't explain why muslims are so vastly over-represented in so many acts of 'incompatibility' - the opposite, in fact.
Christians tend to be over represented in the abuse of young boys.

I'm no apologist. As someone who has studied religion intensively your tedious arguments come over as pathetic.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Robert Heenan wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Robert Heenan wrote:Not defending muslims as I believe theres way too many of em here

As a Christian - all i can say is that it all requires perspective regarding the situation, culture, events and the times. Needs contextualisation
Seems you've become the unlikely champion of the cringing apologists on here (my enemy's enemy and all that) - well done.

Not sure what your'point' about the bible is meant to show though, - there is probably more violence in the beano (or was when I was a kid, but no doubt these days I may be wrong) - it still doesn't explain why muslims are so vastly over-represented in so many acts of 'incompatibility' - the opposite, in fact.

I'm no apologist. As someone who has studied religion intensively your tedious arguments come over as pathetic.
Can you back up your claim regarding christians?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Roy Twing wrote:
That Biffo the Bear was a right cunt, not to mention Plug in the Bash St kids. :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Roy Twing wrote:
Robert Heenan wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

Can you back up your claim regarding christians?
The church of England, Catholic Church, elm guest house etc not to mention most news articles I see regarding abuse of boys is perpetrated by Christians.

Roy, by your logic if the various Christian churches are involved in paedophilia then would you say that Christianity condones paedophilia and child abuse?

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

As good old caring carlos will no doubt agree, I’ve responded to this false comparison so often it’s frustratingly repetitious.

1. As those of a christian background account for the vast majority of the population, on any given topic, those of a christian background should always be the most frequently represented.
2. The instances of catholic priests, along with perhaps other areas where those with certain disgusting predilections might gravitate (scout masters; school teachers etc) are well documented and perhaps unsurprising. This observation will probably go over your head but the muslims committing these atrocities are not the equivalents of priests or teachers, - they’re supposedly ‘ordinary’ muslims from all walks of life.
3. These instances of the reasons why priests, scoutmasters etc commit such crimes have been well documented and explored, - my whole point is that such scrutiny remains absent from any mainstream (and talkforum) debate regarding on-street grooming and other muslim ‘incompatibilities’.

The answers above cover your straw man arguments.
We remain with the question as to why a group of people from a muslim background, (which thankfully still only amounts to 4 or 5% of the total population) commit the vast majority of certain paedophilic sex crimes?
As ever, it is a question of proportionality, - it would be refreshing if someone from the apologist side would ever try to address that for once. You may try by all means bob, unless you are that wind up merchant I still suspect you are.
E & OE

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:As good old caring carlos will no doubt agree, I’ve responded to this false comparison so often it’s frustratingly repetitious.

1. As those of a christian background account for the vast majority of the population, on any given topic, those of a christian background should always be the most frequently represented.
2. The instances of catholic priests, along with perhaps other areas where those with certain disgusting predilections might gravitate (scout masters; school teachers etc) are well documented and perhaps unsurprising. This observation will probably go over your head but the muslims committing these atrocities are not the equivalents of priests or teachers, - they’re supposedly ‘ordinary’ muslims from all walks of life.
3. These instances of the reasons why priests, scoutmasters etc commit such crimes have been well documented and explored, - my whole point is that such scrutiny remains absent from any mainstream (and talkforum) debate regarding on-street grooming and other muslim ‘incompatibilities’.

The answers above cover your straw man arguments.
We remain with the question as to why a group of people from a muslim background, (which thankfully still only amounts to 4 or 5% of the total population) commit the vast majority of certain paedophilic sex crimes?
As ever, it is a question of proportionality, - it would be refreshing if someone from the apologist side would ever try to address that for once. You may try by all means bob, unless you are that wind up merchant I still suspect you are.
I can understand why paedophiles might gravitate towards the priesthood but that doesn't explain the subsequent coverups that go right to the top & are carried out by people in the church who presumably aren't paedophiles. I've never heard anyone satisfactorily explain the motivation behind that.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:

:?

You are. Read the Old Testament. Murder, rape, torture, infanticide, paedophilia, slavery etc. Pretty sure there's none of that in the Beano.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

You obviously haven't bought a copy lately then Ralph.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Most Christians thankfully don't take the Old Testament seriously anymore. That is why in the west they tend to be peaceful.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Kowalski wrote:Most Christians thankfully don't take the Old Testament seriously anymore. That is why in the west they tend to be peaceful.
Still an integral part of the bible. New Testament has loads of violence and cruelty too.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Perspective and context is what required when it comes to religion and especially religious books.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Then they need to change their guidelines sharpish. It is everyone's moral duty to report abuse, but to actually have it in their job descriptions that it is 'not necessarily their duty' is a disgrace.