The Religion of Peace? (Part 2)

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roy Twing

Re: The Religion of Peace? (Part 2)

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:The Ryanair boss did put his foot in it a bit but I think the underlying point was more about who can be specifically excluded from the threat list rather than who should be put on it.

I'd say the security people already know this and are probably doing it anyway. An English nuclear family or an old granny and grandad going on holiday surely can't be taking up much time being investigated. But the fact remains most others will be on the suspect list to some degree regardless of appearance.

It's exactly the same politically correct minefield that has hampered police stop & search efforts - if they have to be seen to search a proportionate amount of grannies and suchlike, then actual potential suspects will probably go unchallenged.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Roy Twing wrote:
m4rkb wrote:The Ryanair boss did put his foot in it a bit but I think the underlying point was more about who can be specifically excluded from the threat list rather than who should be put on it.

I'd say the security people already know this and are probably doing it anyway. An English nuclear family or an old granny and grandad going on holiday surely can't be taking up much time being investigated. But the fact remains most others will be on the suspect list to some degree regardless of appearance.

It's exactly the same politically correct minefield that has hampered police stop & search efforts - if they have to be seen to search a proportionate amount of grannies and suchlike, then actual potential suspects will probably go unchallenged.

True. I'd like to think this last bastion of common sense within the security services is still being manned properly and the radical apologists are kept very much at arms length as they contribute nothing towards safety and a lot towards letting people free who are dangerous because of so called human rights.

Unfortunately your example of stop and search, however accurate has various statistics correlated against it for public consumption and is thus perverted in the way you describe. Thankfully there is a higher echelon which isn't and I presume is not hampered as much in it's day to day activities.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

I find it really strange that Ryanair chief executive Michael O’Leary claimed that terrorists “will generally be males of a Muslim persuasion”, where the truth is that his people in the Republic of Ireland under whatever guise of the IRA you want to call it, still kill, maim, injure, plot against etc etc British people more than any other group.
Godwin's law

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

So do Protestant para militaries, but they nine of them generally perform terrorism on airplanes so it's no direct concern to Ryanair.
Incidentally there are lots of factions which aren't guises of the IRA.
Are you sure it's not his surname you don't like ?
When was the last time British people got attacked in the Republic of Ireland ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Royal24s wrote:So do Protestant para militaries, but they nine of them generally perform terrorism on airplanes so it's no direct concern to Ryanair.
Incidentally there are lots of factions which aren't guises of the IRA.
Are you sure it's not his surname you don't like ?
When was the last time British people got attacked in the Republic of Ireland ?

:rolleyes: so much gobbledygook it is hard to know where to start, I was hoping somebody sensible would join the debate :rolleyes:
Godwin's law

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

You accuse Michael O'Leary a terrorist by saying " his people" , by which you seem to mean Catholics are " killing British people" in the Republc of Ireland under various guises of the IRA.
That's sectarian bollocks as well as untrue, so don't talk about "somebody sensible".

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

I refer to my previous post
Godwin's law

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Refer what ? The sentence has no object.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Look, I'd be quite happy to trade little barbs with you, cause it'd be fun, but it's not allowed here, so please stick to the issues we're talking about.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Good luck with that :wink:
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

ToRmAtO wrote:I find it really strange that Ryanair chief executive Michael O’Leary claimed that terrorists “will generally be males of a Muslim persuasion”, where the truth is that his people in the Republic of Ireland under whatever guise of the IRA you want to call it, still kill, maim, injure, plot against etc etc British people more than any other group.

'His people'

Bit of a racist post.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Well, yeah. I didn't want to put it quite like that, but that's exactly what it is.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Kowalski wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:I find it really strange that Ryanair chief executive Michael O’Leary claimed that terrorists “will generally be males of a Muslim persuasion”, where the truth is that his people in the Republic of Ireland under whatever guise of the IRA you want to call it, still kill, maim, injure, plot against etc etc British people more than any other group.

'His people'

Bit of a racist post.

The Irish aren't a race though.
Godwin's law

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

ToRmAtO wrote:
Kowalski wrote:

'His people'

Bit of a racist post.

The reason I avoided using the word racist is because I get it that you don't necessarily understand the stuff you talk about. I don't know how many Moslems or Irish republicans you've come across, or how directly you've been involved in the contaversies around either - I suspect not very much.

In fact though, and I think most people know this, most of the recent troubles in Ireland spring from the treatment of Irish Catholic people by Ulster Scots, who most certainly regard them as a race and ,according to them, an inferior race. Over many decades they have exhibited very racist practices against them, prevented them from getting certain jobs or living in certain places.
If you don't see and accept that this is one of the world's great and most destructive forms of racism I'd say that you're in a minority - albeit that you might live somewhere where this view is not uncommon.

Whilst I had to take you up on it, I honestly don't think you understand what you're saying, so I'm not vilifying you, but - really - have a read up on it.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Royal24s wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:
Kowalski wrote:

'His people'

Bit of a racist post.

The reason I avoided using the word racist is because I get it that you don't necessarily understand the stuff you talk about. I don't know how many Moslems or Irish republicans you've come across, or how directly you've been involved in the contaversies around either - I suspect not very much.

In fact though, and I think most people know this, most of the recent troubles in Ireland spring from the treatment of Irish Catholic people by Ulster Scots, who most certainly regard them as a race and ,according to them, an inferior race. Over many decades they have exhibited very racist practices against them, prevented them from getting certain jobs or living in certain places.
If you don't see and accept that this is one of the world's great and most destructive forms ofracism I'd say that you're in a minority - albeit that you might live somewhere where this view is not uncommon.

Whilst I had to take you up on it, I honestly don't think you understand what you're saying, so I'm not vilifying you, but - really - have a read up on it.

What part of Irish aren't a race did you not understand?

You obviously, have absolutely no idea what a race of people is.
Godwin's law