Corbyn

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Ralph
Forum Admin

Re: Corbyn

Post by Ralph »

kancutlawns wrote:What is Dame Margaret Hodge's beef with Corbyn now? She recorded a conversation with him about dealing with antisemitism which to me showed a blatant disrespect for the party's leader and then was on the major network news programmes saying how much contempt she had for him and the Labour Party. She takes exception to Lord Falconer's possible appointment in dealing with antisemitism which he has yet to accept.

I get that she has intractable problems with Corbyn that can't now be healed but as with others who don't give a toss about the party and their constituents, she won't be drawn on why she won't accept a bi-election. Corbyn is a twat for not dealing with the problem robustly but this to me looks like a witch-hunt.

Margret Hodge stopped making sense a while ago. Lord Falconer is no Corbynista. He’s on the opposite wing of the party. Does she want this resolved or not?

Corbyn needs to do a better job of chucking out genuine antisemites and calling out people who are just causing trouble.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

I can see how you could construct a fragile argument for Hitler being a Zionist.

In the sense that he wanted the Reich to be free of jews, having stolen their property and money. And ended up using resources for the mass extermination that could have been put to other use.

So if somehow there had been an international move that facilitated the jews to emigrate to Palestine, he might have agreed to that.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Hillman avenger wrote:I can see how you could construct a fragile argument for Hitler being a Zionist.

Ask Ken Livingstone any question and he'll tell you why Hitler was a Zionist.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Hillman avenger wrote:I can see how you could construct a fragile argument for Hitler being a Zionist.

In the sense that he wanted the Reich to be free of jews, having stolen their property and money. And ended up using resources for the mass extermination that could have been put to other use.

So if somehow there had been an international move that facilitated the jews to emigrate to Palestine, he might have agreed to that.

I agree.

I'm no fan of Ken Livingstone, but that's the point I think he was (albeit clumsily) trying to make.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Steve Hunt wrote:

I agree.

I'm no fan of Ken Livingstone, but that's the point I think he was (albeit clumsily) trying to make.

He doesn't have a point. In the 30s the Nazis 'encouraged' Jews to leave Germany and go to Palestine with the promise they'd get some money. That is why Ken says Hitler supported Zionism.

He (and others) use it to put Zionism (and by association Jews) and Nazis in the same pot because they want to avoid any suggestion that Jews are an opposed group.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Vespa wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

I agree.

He doesn't have a point. In the 30s the Nazis 'encouraged' Jews to leave Germany and go to Palestine with the promise they'd get some money. That is why Ken says Hitler supported Zionism.

He (and others) use it to put Zionism (and by association Jews) and Nazis in the same pot because they want to avoid any suggestion that Jews are an opposed group.

Agreed - both of your points.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Steve Hunt wrote:

I agree.

Seems a strange argument to die in a ditch over though. By the time Labour chucked him out he couldn’t do an interview without mentioning the Nazis or Hitler.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Oh dear.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Corbyn deserves ridicule for three reasons

1. Given the mess the Brexit thing is, I would expect any Leader of the Opposition , after scoring a few points, to recognise the national interest and work with May for a consensus. To be fair, she was 18 months too late in suggesting it, but there was nothing to stop him making the first move. Leaving her constantly intimidated by the twats in ERG, which perhaps he finds amusing but which from a national perspective has been a disaster.
2. Given the above, and how he has chosen to behave purely as an LOP, his failure to impale this government has been remarkable.He has weekly, even daily, open goals to convert and doesn't. Whatever you think about Blair, he would not have missed that.
3. As leader of his own party he has made an utter mess of delivering a unified and respected party. Whether by omission or commission he has allowed extremists way too much power and allowed racists to feel at home. Even when it is laid in front of him what harm is being done, he fails to act. Can you imagine, if there was an election, how Labour could construct a coherent and credible manifesto?

When he was elected I was disappointed. But I hoped he might surprise me. In fact he has been worse than I feared,
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Hillman avenger wrote:Corbyn deserves ridicule for three reasons

1. Given the mess the Brexit thing is, I would expect any Leader of the Opposition , after scoring a few points, to recognise the national interest and work with May for a consensus. To be fair, she was 18 months too late in suggesting it, but there was nothing to stop him making the first move. Leaving her constantly intimidated by the twats in ERG, which perhaps he finds amusing but which from a national perspective has been a disaster.
2. Given the above, and how he has chosen to behave purely as an LOP, his failure to impale this government has been remarkable.He has weekly, even daily, open goals to convert and doesn't. Whatever you think about Blair, he would not have missed that.
3. As leader of his own party he has made an utter mess of delivering a unified and respected party. Whether by omission or commission he has allowed extremists way too much power and allowed racists to feel at home. Even when it is laid in front of him what harm is being done, he fails to act. Can you imagine, if there was an election, how Labour could construct a coherent and credible manifesto?

When he was elected I was disappointed. But I hoped he might surprise me. In fact he has been worse than I feared,

The Labour party under even Ed would cause the Tories a problem. Jeeza just wants to keep quiet until the next election in the hope the new leader is Boris.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Donald Trump is the president of the USA. He's a nutcase. Your notion of politics is to say the least, quaint. No one gives a fucking shit what Corbyn thinks or does. We're in a new age now mate. Wake up.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Ralph wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:What is Dame Margaret Hodge's beef with Corbyn now? She recorded a conversation with him about dealing with antisemitism which to me showed a blatant disrespect for the party's leader and then was on the major network news programmes saying how much contempt she had for him and the Labour Party. She takes exception to Lord Falconer's possible appointment in dealing with antisemitism which he has yet to accept.

I get that she has intractable problems with Corbyn that can't now be healed but as with others who don't give a toss about the party and their constituents, she won't be drawn on why she won't accept a bi-election. Corbyn is a twat for not dealing with the problem robustly but this to me looks like a witch-hunt.

Margret Hodge stopped making sense a while ago. Lord Falconer is no Corbynista. He’s on the opposite wing of the party. Does she want this resolved or not?

Corbyn needs to do a better job of chucking out genuine antisemites and calling out people who are just causing trouble.

He should start with himself to be fair.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Zippy wrote:
Ralph wrote:

He should start with himself to be fair.

That's the problem, if Labour properly implemented their rules on AS, the leader himself would be expelled.
There's no poem, just prose.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sturgeon & Corbyn are having a go at each other on twatter.

Over Brexit? No, of course not.
Over Scottish Independence? No, of course not.
Over the economy. No, of course not.

Nope, they are arguing about Callaghan Government collapsing 40 years ago.

The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Damning