Anything sportlike
Petingo

Re: Jose Mourinho

Post by Petingo »

Jonathan wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:He's gone the full 'Rafa' today for 12 minutes.

Would be interesting to see how he performs managing a team like Chesterfield. Let's see him save them from a drop into the National League with no money.

We are going to disagree on Jose which is fine but that is a daft comment. He’s earned the right to manage top clubs. It’s like saying let’s see where Lewis will finish in a Toro Rosso or Ruby Walsh on the race donkey. Let’s see how good they really are. They get the best car and horses because of their success. That’s how it works mate.

He's been successful at rich clubs. His ego wouldn't let him show his worth at poorer ones. Moreover, I don't think he would hack it anyway. He will walk out of Old Trafford and hopefully out of management in England.

Yeah Porto are mega rich, a financial juggernaut of a club :rolleyes:
That was an outstanding achievement. Bet they will never win the CL again. Let’s see Pep win it at a small club. Scratch that, he might do it this season.

:)

I see what you did there, Jon.... :lol:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

He needs to modify his game at home and has the players to do it.
If he doesn't he's gone
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

delboy1983 wrote:He needs to modify his game at home and has the players to do it.
If he doesn't he's gone

I'll make sure he sees this
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

He's an ego-maniac. I mean, he has the money, why not just swan off into the sunset with his wife (and children?) and live a lovely life sipping bubbly somewhere in the Med? I mean, who the fuck would want to deal with millennial snowflake millionaire footballers? I'd rather just fuck off and live in a Villa somewhere and potter-around and paint terrible paintings and perhaps shag the 19yo babysitter behind my wifes back. To me, that's living the dream. Living in Manchester and managing the team is my idea of a nightmare.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

No longer the Bridesmaid

He's enraged by Fergie and won't rest until he's buried him, BoCha, Giggs and Brand Beckham. He wants to eradicate them from history and get the stand name changed. Plus a gold statue of him fucking a pig.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:He's enraged by Fergie and won't rest until he's buried him, BoCha, Giggs and Brand Beckham. He wants to eradicate them from history and get the stand name changed. Plus a gold statue of him fucking a pig.

If that's true, he's gone up in my estimation. I'm just waiting for him to go potty and say something incredibly incendiary about the Munich Air Disaster. Could you imagine the fall-out? It would be glorious. He strikes me as a man who enjoys sabotage.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

No longer the Bridesmaid

I'd like to see Woodward made to report exclusively to Bez, who would have final say on all signings.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:I'd like to see Woodward made to report exclusively to Bez, who would have final say on all signings.

Your insight into the infrastructure and machinations of Manchester United and its ownership are quite beyond me. All I know is, every Man U fan I have ever met is a cunt who knows absolutely nothing about football.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Need to see the saucy seagulls shit on the red devils from a great height and eat their chips (n curry sauce), triggering Mour-Mour to immediately reinvent himself as Joesay Blogs, spouting a daily post of FACTS, culminating in a vociferous press conference wearing double top hard baggies and performing a 20-minute version of HALLELUJAH

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The bottom-line is, Jose didn't get his dick wet inside Eva Carneiro. That's basically it. I know it's dull and boring, but at the end of the day men are only interested in fucking. Eva wasn't keen and Jose kicked-off. You know I'm fucking right.

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:He needs to modify his game at home and has the players to do it.
If he doesn't he's gone

I'll make sure he sees this

Ffs :lol: 8)

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Another minor consolation trophy for ManYoo who are becoming the new Arsenal . Arsenal are becoming the new Everton, or
Liverpool if they win the Europa Vase thing.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

For the second season running the Chelsea faithful abuse Jose Mourinho....

But hey, this has happened before, they sang " Fuck off Mourinho " when he returned to the Bridge with Inter Milan. I remember Jonathan and Co telling me that the Chelsea fans gave their beloved Jose a fabulous reception that night.... :lol:
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

antdad

Post by antdad »

Sinbad wrote:For the second season running the Chelsea faithful abuse Jose Mourinho....

But hey, this has happened before, they sang " Fuck off Mourinho " when he returned to the Bridge with Inter Milan. I remember Jonathan and Co telling me that the Chelsea fans gave their beloved Jose a fabulous reception that night.... :lol:

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

The Mourinho story
In 2004 LFC were looking for a manager, and approached Mourinho who was in the throes of getting Porto to the CL final.
He was keen, but said he must wait until after the final (fair enough).
LFC didn't wait and got Benitez and Mourinho went to Chelsea
Benitez promptly beat Chelsea in the CL semis and went on to win it in Istanbul.
Leaving Mourinho fuming..it should have been him!
Although he has had success at other clubs since, what he has not done is to build a dynasty which is what Shankly/Paisley and Ferguson did.
There are only two jobs at that level- LFC and MU. By the time he got to United the link had been broken via Moyes and Van Gaal, and he sees Klopp doing the regeneration at LFC.
So despite all the money he is one unhappy man.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you