A General Thread About Christianity

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: A General Thread About Christianity

Post by Royal24s »

Carlos J wrote:
Royal24s wrote:Well, whilst I still disagree because I think it's a dangerous path to go down, I do thank you for taking so much time and trouble to state and explain your position on the matter.

I am quite certain that this is an honest and sincere position, and I never doubted that.

Your position as a moderator is no doubt often a difficult one, and I think we should all appreciate that you have taken it on voluntarily to help the whole thing function. The fact that you have taken the trouble to address a concern does you great credit in the role and as an individual whom I have seen develop impressively over the years we have both occasionally posted here.
The conversation demonstrates that we can disagree without being disagreeable , which is a lesson that many here could learn from.
Thank you for your kind words, Royals. Others may call them patronising, but that is them. :roll: I take them in sincerity. In D&D, agree to disagree, play the ball not the man, attack the post not the poster and other clichés are available.

Of course, I will disagree with you though. There is no dangerous path going down IMO. As per, posts about Christianity are allowed in any thread. It's better if more general then to keep to this thread. That is all I wanted and to keep other threads to topic.

Keep it tidy or others get confused.

I'm sorry I seem to have failed to quote you in my previous, so it proves that you actually read the bloody thing because it might not have been immediately clear that I was replying to you .
Anyway, I don't do patronising, which is subjective anyway. Of course I was being sincere.
I'm older than you and I've been lucky enough to have been round the block a bit as you might put it, often in quite serious situations. During this wonderful and eventful journey I hope that I've developed a bit myself and the often harsh criticism and encouragement of my elders has played an important part, whether I welcomed it at the time or not. Whatever I might have achieved certainly couldn't have happened without it.
My eldest son is 43, and so perhaps I do presume too much in treating adults as clueless toddlers in need of guidance and protection - in my own defence you'll eventually find yourself doing that too .
I recall that I had a detective sergeant on the Flying Squad who came with me to my mother's house for some reason. He was about 35 or something with a fearsome reputation amongst criminals and lots of experience . Anyway, my mother gave him cakes and sandwiches and later confided in me " He seems like a very nice little boy ". Of course, she meant him nothing but well, but I found it ridiculous at the time and perhaps I now find myself guilty of the same thing.
Nonetheless the fact remains that I have observed you develop greatly within the obviously limited context of these forums and I shall say so, even at the risk of causing offence. I notice small things which combine to tell a bigger story and I have also noted a far more important thing - that you are fundamentally a nice and decent person. Like all of us, you are on a journey and I'm telling you that whatever setbacks you may have encountered along the way you are definitely winning. Patronising or not , I'm usually right about these things.

You might notice that I don't hesitate too much in telling people they're on the wrong road if that's what I think because I've found that being wishy washy doesn't work. That's a duty, which I shall not shrink from in order to seem nice, but well justified praise is a pleasure.

Many people have relied upon me to make the right decisions for them down the years, which was not something I sought, but I ended up taking on the role and the end result is that I am indeed a dogmatic bossy old bastard who assumes that everyone will jump when I tell them too. Forgive me then if I seem patronising or smug - it's not my intention.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:
Royal24s wrote:Well, whilst I still disagree because I think it's a dangerous path to go down, I do thank you for taking so much time and trouble to state and explain your position on the matter.

I am quite certain that this is an honest and sincere position, and I never doubted that.

Your position as a moderator is no doubt often a difficult one, and I think we should all appreciate that you have taken it on voluntarily to help the whole thing function. The fact that you have taken the trouble to address a concern does you great credit in the role and as an individual whom I have seen develop impressively over the years we have both occasionally posted here.
The conversation demonstrates that we can disagree without being disagreeable , which is a lesson that many here could learn from.
You could have said all that in the first place and kept your toys in. It would also saved you this arse licking post.
Yes, well thank you for your unsolicited advice, but what you undoubtedly missed was that I was having a very productive discussion with Carlos, from whom you could learn something if you were willing to learn anything.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Don't try and backtrack now JPC. Just compare your first reaction to a reasonable request to a mod to the second grovelling one.
Case closed.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

I do love an alt right civil war

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote:I do love an alt right civil war
You are about as good at attempted shit stirring, as you are trying to make Islamic atrocities appear the same as individual loony right wing attacks.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

You only say that because you support right wing violence

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:Don't try and backtrack now JPC. Just compare your first reaction to a reasonable request to a mod to the second grovelling one.
Case closed.
I've never grovelled in my fucking life. What you are talking about is decent manners and it does not surprise me at all that you confuse this with weakness - it's a hallmark of your sort.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hardly a civil war given the feeble nature of the proponent. Never ceases to surprise me when people assume I'm "right wing" because I reject their leftist bollocks.
I've told you many times that this left/ right bullshit is no more than a way of exploiting the tribal instincts of the peasant mind to divide and rule .
Are you even supposed to be talking about this here though, or should it be shifted to a specific thread about civil wars ?

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Royal24s wrote:
Hardly a civil war given the feeble nature of the proponent. Never ceases to surprise me when people assume I'm "right wing" because I reject their leftist bollocks.
I've told you many times that this left/ right bullshit is no more than a way of exploiting the tribal instincts of the peasant mind to divide and rule .
Are you even supposed to be talking about this here though, or should it be shifted to a specific thread about civil wars ?
The Tick thrives on conflict.... But t sure you know why.

He sells the left and right nonsense and we both know it is nonsense .... He is what he is and you know as well as I what he is off.

Tick.... A bloodsucking thing.... A vampire if you will.

Well below the truth and light.... So far below... So far.

But again. We both know this. He doesn't want to partake in the last offered cup. His choice. Nothing to cry about in the end. But he will anyhow.... Aww well. How sad.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Thank you for your kind words, Royals. Have a blessed Sunday.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:
Zambo wrote:Don't try and backtrack now JPC. Just compare your first reaction to a reasonable request to a mod to the second grovelling one.
Case closed.
I've never grovelled in my fucking life. What you are talking about is decent manners and it does not surprise me at all that you confuse this with weakness - it's a hallmark of your sort.
I said case closed. If you want to open it up and make yourself look a bigger tit, be my guest.

You whined and stamped your feet when asked to keep the religious crap in one thread and when spoken to about it again you got down on you knees and licked and sucked like a whore on methamphetamine.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Peace be with you this Sunday . Anyone giving anything up for Lent ?
Enjoy your pancakes on Tuesday.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Yes, I promise I will not reply to trolls on the forum. In other words I will be ignoring The Tick and Royals posts from March 1 to April 13 :D

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:Yes, I promise I will not reply to trolls on the forum. In other words I will be ignoring The Tick and Royals posts from March 1 to April 13 :D
Oh no Please !
Please please please continue to post your mindless and ignorant drivel every time I say something sensible !
What can I do to persuade you to stick your oar into every single discussion with some entirely irrelevant bit of personal abuse ?
Please don't put me in the briar patch !

The price of free speech is that we must put up with all sorts of nasty fucking idiots saying what they want to, which is why I don't do your thing of telling other people to stop saying something, but I've got to tell you I wouldn't miss your fucking stupid comments to be quite honest.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

So furious, but so predictable. People like you always react like you have done here, when it's pointed out that at the end of the day you are just wind and piss. Coming the big I am, I can post anywhere, anytime and where I like

Well you can't, so there.