Climate Change - Case Closed !

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Hillman avenger

Re: Climate Change - Case Closed !

Post by Hillman avenger »

m4rkb wrote:I've just read a few that says it's all bollocks and the earth hasn't warmed up in 16 years. What's more, the polar ice caps are larger than they have been for years.

By all means keep the the environment clean but don't pretend there's a crisis which inevitably results in more taxes and more jobs and funding for people keeping up the pretence -all (to reiterate) while other countries take no notice whatsoever.
Suggest you try reading elsewhere then.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I suggest you do the same

Hillman avenger

finchman wrote:What happened to Global Warming?

Why is it refered to as climate change now?

I smell a leftie agenda.
"Leftie" as in something you disagree with.

It is called climate change because that's a more accurate description. Global warming is causing climate change.

Our weather systems have for centuries remained in broadly the same places on the globe. Tropical, temperate, and so on.They may move marginally from year to year, but fundamentally not far and not for long.

But that is starting to happen. That is why people are now talking about- for example- the likelihood that the south of England within 20 years could have a climate approaching mediterranean qualities, which means the possibility of growing crops ( like vines) that have been at best marginal in recent times. But that also means that crops that flourish in temperate conditions will not be viable.

These changes have massive effects on our society and economy.

And the increasing frequency of extreme weather events, such as the flooding we have seen here in the last few years are a product of the turbulence as this movement occurs.

We may not, despite our measures, stop or even reverse these changes but we mght at least delay their effect and give us more time to manage the changes it will produce.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

We'd all better go and see the bank manager to pay for this one then.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/6 ... oles-shift

Major major climate change which some experts think is starting now and contributig to the constant changes in climate the earth has always experienced.

Thank god we'll be able to tax it and prevent it.

PG30

Post by PG30 »

m4rkb wrote:I've just read a few that says it's all bollocks and the earth hasn't warmed up in 16 years. What's more, the polar ice caps are larger than they have been for years.

By all means keep the the environment clean but don't pretend there's a crisis which inevitably results in more taxes and more jobs and funding for people keeping up the pretence -all (to reiterate) while other countries take no notice whatsoever.
Can you link me to this report please. Differs from all the Ones I've read

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Here's one for a start. A simple good will find many more.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor ... 088c2171b7

PG30

Post by PG30 »

m4rkb wrote:Here's one for a start. A simple good will find many more.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor ... 088c2171b7
That's not a scientific report

And here's an article debunking the above and all it's innacuracies

http://climatefeedback.org/evaluation/f ... after-all/

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

No, but It's a survey of scientists claiming they are sceptical which is as telling as it needs to be.

PG30

Post by PG30 »

m4rkb wrote:No, but It's a survey of scientists claiming they are sceptical which is as telling as it needs to be.
Here's an article from the day after your article showing how he misinterpreted the data in his survey

http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/2013 ... 0-degrees/

I'm just reading up on this James Taylor guy, apparently he's quite a famous climate change denier and full of shit.

Here's and article and video of him getting owned on to

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/heartland ... r-pwnd-tv/

For every James Taylor there's 99 scientists with the opposite view

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

What's your view on the west being taxed to fuck over it while China spews out more and more pollution?

finchman

Post by finchman »

Hillman avenger wrote:

I smell a leftie agenda.

It is called climate change because that's a more accurate description. Global warming is causing climate change.

Our weather systems have for centuries remained in broadly the same places on the globe. Tropical, temperate, and so on.They may move marginally from year to year, but fundamentally not far and not for long.

But that is starting to happen. That is why people are now talking about- for example- the likelihood that the south of England within 20 years could have a climate approaching mediterranean qualities, which means the possibility of growing crops ( like vines) that have been at best marginal in recent times. But that also means that crops that flourish in temperate conditions will not be viable.

And the increasing frequency of extreme weather events, such as the flooding we have seen here in the last few years are a product of the turbulence as this movement occurs.

We may not, despite our measures, stop or even reverse these changes but we mght at least delay their effect and give us more time to manage the changes it will produce.
So in a nutshell, climate change is a more accurate description than global warming??,.....hillman,you seem to know nothing about everything mate.

Who should I believe, hillman off here,or the president of the USA?.............Mmmm.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Hillman avenger

In this case,me.
And the thousands of people far better qualifed than me on the topic.
As you ask.
That would be the president who made an oil company executive, with deals in Russia, secretary of state?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:In this case,me.
And the thousands of people far better qualifed than me on the topic.
As you ask.
That would be the president who made an oil company executive, with deals in Russia, secretary of state?
Did he make Al Gore Secretary of State then ?
Or maybe another Oil Company executive who deals in Russia ?

Suggest you check this evenings news about another big whistle blowing case revealing fake climate change data. I can't be bothered to find a link, but look it up.
Then ...... What's the point ? You're never going to disbelieve or contradict the masser are you ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Royal24s wrote: Then ...... What's the point ? You're never going to disbelieve or contradict the masser are you ?

That’s the 64 thousand dollar question.
The answer as you know is there is no point.
We all have our entrenched viewpoints and many of us have been on here for 10 years or more, and to my knowledge not a single one of us has ever moved an inch from our original position.
No point in debating because when the other person loses the debate they just obfuscate or ignore, so all we can do is preach our own views and beliefs.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

finchman wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

I smell a leftie agenda.

So in a nutshell, climate change is a more accurate description than global warming??,.....hillman,you seem to know nothing about everything mate.

Who should I believe, hillman off here,or the president of the USA?.............Mmmm.
Long story short the whole global warming scam was found out a couple of years ago. Loads of emails leaked and scientists pushing global warming taking back handers all over the shop. Look into that yourself if don't believe me.

So they had to change tactics as they do....so it is now Climate change. But same scam. Money to be made. Plus certain gas companies and oil companies using it against their competitors in the market. The ones with links to government to own up everything. Greedy people all round. But they do it under the guise of good and blame you and me for it at the same time. Cause they are a pack of liars and thieves.

Plus it has been proven over the last few years the earth is getting colder. So climate change suits all round....because guess what Finchy....you ready for this bombshell...hold on to your hat here encase it blows your head apart...more than wee Wigan winning the F.A. Cup......climate changes....MIND BLOWN or what??
Last edited by Rossco on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17