Climate Change - Case Closed !

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: Climate Change - Case Closed !

Post by Zambo »

warmleatherette wrote:
Zambo wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Zambo wrote:Listen to the boffins if you like, but the latest lot told us brown toast causes cancer. When you look behind the silly headlines they haven't even started testing properly yet, but I guess they need to come up with something to justify their existence. Anyone with half a brain realises climate change is happening, and that should also apply to anyone who realises we can do fuck all about it.
It doesn't "cause" cancer it increases the risk there's a big difference that headline writers don't care about.

They've known about the link to cancer and acrimalide since at least 2001, remember the headline a few years back on barbacue food and not to burn it, that's the same thing, it is a risk, what you have to work out is risk versus real life, to get any detrimental effect from toast for instance they've esimated you'd have to eat 30 slices of burnt to a crisp toast a day over a long period of time, it's not the scientists fault that the media misreport and embolden headlines.

As for them not having started testing it yet try typing acrimalide cancer into the search of pubmed, 1000's and 1000's of papers on the subject.
Testing ln animals it said, so do we assume that because a rat eating 30 pieces of burnt toast, means that it increases the risk for humans. Moreover, it's not just the media spouting this bollocks, the boffins have been on tv pushing this but when challenged on
PAHs, they admit that it is inconclusive.

My toast has been smoking out of the toaster since I was a kid, and this crap isn't going to make me go all pale now
You do realise they use specially bred rats that are susceptible to tumours for that very reason, using humans would be a little unethical, aren't you happy they do these tests rather than wait till there's a massive spike in cancer only to be told they suspected whatever but didn't bother?
I don't live my life concerning myself with what these so calleds come out with. If I paid any attention to all the warnings over the years I'd be one miserable bastard. What's the point. We wer told for decades that animal fat was killing us prematurely, and then it's suddenly not as bad for you as they thought, it's sugar instead. Loads of other examples, take an asprin, don't take one. Take statins, don't take them etc

Just use your commonsense and look in the mirror, and live your life. A big Stagecoach bus may knock me down tomorrow.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

PG30

Post by PG30 »

warmleatherette wrote:
PG30 wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
PG30 wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
EddieCheddar wrote:
subsub wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:dart:
Haha, let me explain this to myself, and Rossco.
Is it time to level up?

ha. There's one in level one that I agree with

And possibly one in level 3

Don't think this goes to a high enough level for some people here

Out of interest which ones :-)
Well Iraq was pretty much about controlling the resources

And, well I don't actually believe this one, but I would like to read up on it a bit more, as there seems to be a lot of dodgy things going on in Arkansas when Clinton was there
If Iraq was about oil, where the fuck is it?
Lol, but I get your point :-)
Maybe not entirely about oil, more about dick cheney making billions rebuilding it after destroying it

PG30

Post by PG30 »

EddieCheddar wrote:Quote the relavent poster guys, and leave me the fuck out of this because I'm not interested in clicking on my alerts to read this shite. Love and hugs x
ok noted

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

EddieCheddar wrote:
subsub wrote:
PG30 wrote:Figures that you'd also be climate change deniers in this echo chamber
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:dart:
Haha, let me explain this to myself, and Rossco.
WHA!!!! - What have I done now.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Zambo wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Zambo wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Zambo wrote:Listen to the boffins if you like, but the latest lot told us brown toast causes cancer. When you look behind the silly headlines they haven't even started testing properly yet, but I guess they need to come up with something to justify their existence. Anyone with half a brain realises climate change is happening, and that should also apply to anyone who realises we can do fuck all about it.
It doesn't "cause" cancer it increases the risk there's a big difference that headline writers don't care about.

They've known about the link to cancer and acrimalide since at least 2001, remember the headline a few years back on barbacue food and not to burn it, that's the same thing, it is a risk, what you have to work out is risk versus real life, to get any detrimental effect from toast for instance they've esimated you'd have to eat 30 slices of burnt to a crisp toast a day over a long period of time, it's not the scientists fault that the media misreport and embolden headlines.

As for them not having started testing it yet try typing acrimalide cancer into the search of pubmed, 1000's and 1000's of papers on the subject.
Testing ln animals it said, so do we assume that because a rat eating 30 pieces of burnt toast, means that it increases the risk for humans. Moreover, it's not just the media spouting this bollocks, the boffins have been on tv pushing this but when challenged on
PAHs, they admit that it is inconclusive.

My toast has been smoking out of the toaster since I was a kid, and this crap isn't going to make me go all pale now
You do realise they use specially bred rats that are susceptible to tumours for that very reason, using humans would be a little unethical, aren't you happy they do these tests rather than wait till there's a massive spike in cancer only to be told they suspected whatever but didn't bother?
I don't live my life concerning myself with what these so calleds come out with. If I paid any attention to all the warnings over the years I'd be one miserable bastard. What's the point. We wer told for decades that animal fat was killing us prematurely, and then it's suddenly not as bad for you as they thought, it's sugar instead. Loads of other examples, take an asprin, don't take one. Take statins, don't take them etc

Just use your commonsense and look in the mirror, and live your life. A big Stagecoach bus may knock me down tomorrow.
I totally agree but I have no problem with science looking at stuff and reporting their findings, I do have a problem with how it's reported to the general public through the media though, only a tiny percentage of science is reported with any perspective and all the ones you have mentioned are all due to bad reporting and scare stories, the dose makes the poison is a great saying to remember and apply to anything you read or hear in the media when it comes science.
Brilliantly Honest

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

This has come out. Make of it what you will.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... -data.html

I have always believed it has been a hoax anyhow. Long story short. To be able to tax you for fresh air.

Up there with the Nestle CEO who said - Water Is Not A Human Right, It should Be Privatized

Clowns. Lying, greedy, snake clowns.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Some hoax

Every day there is evidence of it.

Today I was listening to a programme about the Canadian town of Fort McMurray. More or less wiped out in a massive fire last year or year before.

It's in a forested area, so they always thought it was a threat. But they were caught out.

They thought they were in the "off" season where the conditions do not foster a fire. Mistake. What they have realised is that due to warming...
1. The timber and plants had dried out early and were more combustible.
2. The higher temperatures had increased the likelihood of electric storms.
3. The lower rain fall had contributed.

Now they are defining the "on" season two months earlier. And they have looked at similar terrain in Scandinavia, Russia...and the same problem exists.

If you pay attention virtually every day there are stories about how warming, and the shifting of weather patterns, is causing serious problems.Migration to find food and water is already greater than economic migration or refugees. It is thought that disputes about access to water and fertile ground is going to become one of the biggest causes of civil and international conflict.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It's exaggerated by some, but it's clearly happening, and it's a waste of money spending zillions trying to stop it. Money which would be much better spent elsewhere.

Hillman avenger

Why is it a waste of money? ( for example compared to the amounts spent on arms?)

Don't we owe it to future generations?

After all we have benefited enormously from investments made by previous ones.

finchman

Post by finchman »

What happened to Global Warming?

Why is it refered to as climate change now?

I smell a leftie agenda.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

How many more times does it need to be stated that whatever the UK does about it is nullified by China alone and their reluctance to do the same.

PG30

Post by PG30 »

finchman wrote:What happened to Global Warming?

Why is it refered to as climate change now?

I smell a leftie agenda.
Stop being so willfully ignorant

All the research is out there, go and read some reports

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:Why is it a waste of money? ( for example compared to the amounts spent on arms?)

Don't we owe it to future generations?

After all we have benefited enormously from investments made by previous ones.
It's a waste of money because it won't work.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I've just read a few that says it's all bollocks and the earth hasn't warmed up in 16 years. What's more, the polar ice caps are larger than they have been for years.

By all means keep the the environment clean but don't pretend there's a crisis which inevitably results in more taxes and more jobs and funding for people keeping up the pretence -all (to reiterate) while other countries take no notice whatsoever.

Hillman avenger

Alternative energy and conservation of energy are in their very early days.

For example we are probably within 5 years of having truly viable means of storage of solar energy. Most appliances and vehicles are massively more energy efficient than 20 years ago when we didn't realise the urgency of the problem.

We are also starting to use smarter means of managing demand and within a few years industrial power users will be reducing energy consumption by third party intervention to close down excess consumption. We are likely to have home appliances that similarly switch off at periods of peak demand.

That's why governments have been using revenues from "green taxes" to shelter emerging technologies which might otherwise fail economically in their early stages.