Golden Globes 2017 Acceptance Speeches

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
carcinogen

Golden Globes 2017 Acceptance Speeches

Post by carcinogen »

Actors and Actresses need to understand they are there to entertain us. Wear a nice outfit, smile, accept your award with grace, thank your mum, whatever. What they DO NOT need to do when they accept an award is bang on about Trump, Africa, War, Politics in general and humanitarian issues. People want to watch award ceremonies because they want some escapism from their humdrum lives, not a fucking condescending lecture by Meryl Streep!!! FUCK OFF!!!

I know we're all on the same page, but my piss is boiling. These attention-seeking narcissistic shallow image-obsessed 'actors' are as fucking bad as right-wing fascists insofar as they surround themselves with people whose views on everything from Syria to salad dressings are exactly the same. Why would any fair-minded person give any more credence to the political views of a Hollywood actor or actress? Their lack of self-awareness is frankly embarrassing. In actual fact, i'd go as far as to say, they do more damage than they do good by speaking out on certain issues. I for one am far less likely to donate to a charity fronted by a 'famous' person.

Arrrrghghghh!!!
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Rossco

Re: Golden Globes 2017 Acceptance Speeches

Post by Rossco »

No you have it all wrong. People need these performing monkeys to tell them how to think, vote, eat, what to wear and what cars to drive....they NEED it.

When I say people of course I just mean the ones who are totally lost. And they seem to be a many these days. And as for this award show and all the rest. A load of back slapping in voting nonsense. They need to get back to basics and just do the job they are very, very well paid for.

All in all....a load of auld shite. And that silly old bitch Streep looked like an annoying old teacher talking down to kids...fuck off you old bag. They give her an award every year it seems. Well she is the mouthpiece so why not.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Not enough black people are winning these awards.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Maybe they've been blackballed.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Its the beginning of the awards season, BAFTAs,Oscars,and umpteen other shit,the lot of them should be employed on minimum wage,they are about as much use as a pussy in a lift with Elton John.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

PG30

Post by PG30 »

carcinogen wrote:Actors and Actresses need to understand they are there to entertain us. Wear a nice outfit, smile, accept your award with grace, thank your mum, whatever. What they DO NOT need to do when they accept an award is bang on about Trump, Africa, War, Politics in general and humanitarian issues. People want to watch award ceremonies because they want some escapism from their humdrum lives, not a fucking condescending lecture by Meryl Streep!!! FUCK OFF!!!

I know we're all on the same page, but my piss is boiling. These attention-seeking narcissistic shallow image-obsessed 'actors' are as fucking bad as right-wing fascists insofar as they surround themselves with people whose views on everything from Syria to salad dressings are exactly the same. Why would any fair-minded person give any more credence to the political views of a Hollywood actor or actress? Their lack of self-awareness is frankly embarrassing. In actual fact, i'd go as far as to say, they do more damage than they do good by speaking out on certain issues. I for one am far less likely to donate to a charity fronted by a 'famous' person.

Arrrrghghghh!!!
Why would any fair-minded person give any more credence to the political views of a Hollywood actor or actress?

Well, they did vote a reality TV star to be president

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

PG30 wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Actors and Actresses need to understand they are there to entertain us. Wear a nice outfit, smile, accept your award with grace, thank your mum, whatever. What they DO NOT need to do when they accept an award is bang on about Trump, Africa, War, Politics in general and humanitarian issues. People want to watch award ceremonies because they want some escapism from their humdrum lives, not a fucking condescending lecture by Meryl Streep!!! FUCK OFF!!!

Arrrrghghghh!!!
Why would any fair-minded person give any more credence to the political views of a Hollywood actor or actress?

Well, they did vote a reality TV star to be president
Think you will find he was/is a business man....not Jedwood from X-factor but whatever.

And if yer woman wants to run then let her run. Course she wouldn't win. So she will just stick to talking nonsense for the hardcore libs. We are all African sure anyhow going by that twat.

Libtards run Hollyweird....have for years.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

I don't really care whether she speaks out against Trump ; I can see why they are anxious as they see Trump as a threat to free speech and to the use of multinational talent.

What is far more concerning is how he responed, saying she is not a good actress. Personally I think that is nonsense, but much more worrying is that a man 10 days away from being POTUS can't apparetly see the wisdom in shutting up.Over and over he has done this in his life and did it almost daily during his campaign. What is currently an unpleasant and unbecoming behaviour could be fatalas POTUS.

I am beginning to believe that the growing opinion that he is mentally disturbed has validity.
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/a-neuro ... ld-leader/

Note the bit where he says he i collecting clips of him to use in classes demonstrating this disorder.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

MGA99

Post by MGA99 »

People who have the temerity to express an opinion that they're worried the 'civilised world" is lurching inexorably towards racism, intolerance and bigotry are "as bad as right wing fascists"

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Today he has appointed his son-in-law as an official adviser.

The man is a charlatan, in position after the greatest example of turkeys voting for Christmas.

What is really sraggering is the way some people on here have characterised him as a messiah, a man of the people and all the rest.

Insanity
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Well done for taking the path on a detour Hillman. Meryl Streep is a fine actress who is entitled to her opinion. However, everyone is entitled to criticise her accordingly. She backed the wrong horse and instead of blaming that horse, she starts a (presumably drunken) rant at the man who is NOT YET PRESIDENT.

It just doesn't seem to sink in to people does it; the more you criticise a democratic decision, the more steadfast the majority will become. Personally, I think when rich, famous "celebrities" preach about politics, I absolutely loathe them. Not only that, I am less likely to see a film or series that Streep, Hiddleston etc are in. I do not see how they expect people to pay millionaires, who can't wait to tell them how thick they are? I guess the Hollywood bubble must be even more powerful than the Islington one and even more morally bankrupt.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

subsub

Post by subsub »

I know! How dare actors have an opinion about world affairs!!
Meryl Streep did a very brave thing, and called Trump out for the vile offensive cunt that he is.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Darkyboy wrote:She backed the wrong horse and instead of blaming that horse, she starts a (presumably drunken) rant at the man who is NOT YET PRESIDENT
Dear me...
WOKE AND PROUD

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

subsub wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:She backed the wrong horse and instead of blaming that horse, she starts a (presumably drunken) rant at the man who is NOT YET PRESIDENT
Dear me...
I know right...yeesh.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

subsub wrote:
I know! How dare actors have an opinion about world affairs!!
Meryl Streep did a very brave thing, and called Trump out for the vile offensive cunt that he is.
No she didn't. She talked rubbish in front of a bunch of sycophants. That is what celebrities like her do, it shows the world how righteous they are. That's why so many "ordinary" people pay no attention to them.