Golden Globes 2017 Acceptance Speeches

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
AlcoholBrazil

Re: Golden Globes 2017 Acceptance Speeches

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

subsub wrote:Meryl Streep did a very brave thing, and called Trump out for the vile offensive cunt that he is.
And will be rightly ridiculed by the masses and be showing their contempt for her by voting with their feet and wallets on her next movie/DVD.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Darkyboy wrote:No she didn't. She talked rubbish in front of a bunch of sycophants
Which bit did she get wrong, then?
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
subsub wrote:Meryl Streep did a very brave thing, and called Trump out for the vile offensive cunt that he is.
And will be rightly ridiculed by the masses and be showing their contempt for her by voting with their feet and wallets on her next movie/DVD.
Ha! Yeah, right. All the coverage I've seen and the response on social media has been to praise her speech.
The only people having a go are morons who presumably think it's OK to mimic disabled people.
WOKE AND PROUD

PG30

Post by PG30 »

Rossco wrote:
PG30 wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Actors and Actresses need to understand they are there to entertain us. Wear a nice outfit, smile, accept your award with grace, thank your mum, whatever. What they DO NOT need to do when they accept an award is bang on about Trump, Africa, War, Politics in general and humanitarian issues. People want to watch award ceremonies because they want some escapism from their humdrum lives, not a fucking condescending lecture by Meryl Streep!!! FUCK OFF!!!

I know we're all on the same page, but my piss is boiling. These attention-seeking narcissistic shallow image-obsessed 'actors' are as fucking bad as right-wing fascists insofar as they surround themselves with people whose views on everything from Syria to salad dressings are exactly the same. Why would any fair-minded person give any more credence to the political views of a Hollywood actor or actress? Their lack of self-awareness is frankly embarrassing. In actual fact, i'd go as far as to say, they do more damage than they do good by speaking out on certain issues. I for one am far less likely to donate to a charity fronted by a 'famous' person.

Arrrrghghghh!!!
Why would any fair-minded person give any more credence to the political views of a Hollywood actor or actress?

Well, they did vote a reality TV star to be president
Think you will find he was/is a business man....not Jedwood from X-factor but whatever.

And if yer woman wants to run then let her run. Course she wouldn't win. So she will just stick to talking nonsense for the hardcore libs. We are all African sure anyhow going by that twat.

Libtards run Hollyweird....have for years.
What part of the below do you disagree with?

But there was one performance this year that stunned me. It sank its hooks in my heart, not because it was good, it was – there’s nothing good about it. But it was effective and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh and show their teeth.

It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter, someone he outranked in privilege and power and the capacity to fight back. It, it kind of broke my heart when I saw it and I still can’t get it out my head because it wasn’t in a movie. It was real life. And this instinct to humiliate when it’s modeled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody’s life because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing.

paolo

Post by paolo »

streep.....totally amazing

so brave, spewing liberal, cool views in front of an audience of fellow liberals and luvvies

she put it all on the line
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

PG30 wrote:
Rossco wrote:
PG30 wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Actors and Actresses need to understand they are there to entertain us. Wear a nice outfit, smile, accept your award with grace, thank your mum, whatever. What they DO NOT need to do when they accept an award is bang on about Trump, Africa, War, Politics in general and humanitarian issues. People want to watch award ceremonies because they want some escapism from their humdrum lives, not a fucking condescending lecture by Meryl Streep!!! FUCK OFF!!!

I know we're all on the same page, but my piss is boiling. These attention-seeking narcissistic shallow image-obsessed 'actors' are as fucking bad as right-wing fascists insofar as they surround themselves with people whose views on everything from Syria to salad dressings are exactly the same. Why would any fair-minded person give any more credence to the political views of a Hollywood actor or actress? Their lack of self-awareness is frankly embarrassing. In actual fact, i'd go as far as to say, they do more damage than they do good by speaking out on certain issues. I for one am far less likely to donate to a charity fronted by a 'famous' person.

Arrrrghghghh!!!
Why would any fair-minded person give any more credence to the political views of a Hollywood actor or actress?

Well, they did vote a reality TV star to be president
Think you will find he was/is a business man....not Jedwood from X-factor but whatever.

And if yer woman wants to run then let her run. Course she wouldn't win. So she will just stick to talking nonsense for the hardcore libs. We are all African sure anyhow going by that twat.

Libtards run Hollyweird....have for years.
What part of the below do you disagree with?

But there was one performance this year that stunned me. It sank its hooks in my heart, not because it was good, it was – there’s nothing good about it. But it was effective and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh and show their teeth.

It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter, someone he outranked in privilege and power and the capacity to fight back. It, it kind of broke my heart when I saw it and I still can’t get it out my head because it wasn’t in a movie. It was real life. And this instinct to humiliate when it’s modeled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody’s life because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing.
Agreed.
He is loathsome.
If he can't establish superiority over someone by his own merits he trie to reduce them instead.
He is sick and it is staggering that he was elected.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

PG30

Post by PG30 »

paolo wrote:streep.....totally amazing

so brave, spewing liberal, cool views in front of an audience of fellow liberals and luvvies

Or alternatively she was making the point that if you're in a position of power and you take the piss out of a disabled person that 1) Other people might see this as a pass to copy your behaviour, 2) you're a bit of a cunt

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Arrrrghghghh!!!
In a democratic society, nobody should be told to shut up. We are all entitled to air our views, no matter how much another person disagrees or doesn't care (so long as such views do not promote violence or hate).

Meryl Streep is as entitled to air liberal views as much as Charlton Heston, John Malkovich, Clint Eastwood, Mel Gibson, Kevin Costner are to air non-liberal views.

You can always change the channel when she appears on your TV screen, surely?

paolo

Post by paolo »

PG30 wrote:

Or alternatively she was making the point that if you're in a position of power and you take the piss out of a disabled person that 1) Other people might see this as a pass to copy your behaviour, 2) you're a bit of a cunt
almost as if she's being selective with her gob shiting and making hay from shooting fish political sunshine
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Nothing brave about applause from clapping seals that have identical views to the preacher. Echo Chamber or Closed Cult Arena ?
6uild 6ack 6etter .

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Streep portrayed Thatcher in a film but nobody criticized her for imitating a mentally disabled person.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

subsub wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:No she didn't. She talked rubbish in front of a bunch of sycophants
Which bit did she get wrong, then?
Let's take the following passage:

"So Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners. And if we kick them all out you’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts."

Where has Trump stated that foreigners will be kicked out of America? He hasn't, it's just hysterical over-reaction to his comments re: muslims and Mexicans presumably. She could also done without the patronising attitude to other peoples' interests.

She publicly backed Clinton and is bitter, as many "celebrities" seem to be, that people voted for Trump. People are entitled to their opinions, but when they are voiced at a Hollywood party of self-congratulation, it sounds so smug and patronising.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Even Happy Days was infiltrated by leather-jacketed Italians.
6uild 6ack 6etter .

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Even Happy Days was infiltrated by leather-jacketed Italians.
Exactamundo.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Not quite the same, but I see Tom Hiddleston has apologised for his speech re: his work in South Sudan:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/9fa9 ... a0915d9f00
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.