Floodwatch 2017

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

Floodwatch 2017

Post by carcinogen »

If you were to believe all that is being reported, half of Norfolk and Essex is going to be washed tonight away in a 'tidal surge'. I walked along the beach at high-tide this morning and there was nothing out of the ordinary. A few piss-poor barriers have been put up along the sea front, but it's all rather half-hearted. Don't get me wrong, I hope there is massive coastal flooding tonight, but I seriously doubt anything out of the ordinary will happen. At least not here ... how if Jaywick in Essex gets washed away, it's hardly a fucking loss is it.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

carcinogen

Re: Floodwatch 2017

Post by carcinogen »

LOL Great Yarmouth on the BBC 6 o'clock news. "It's raining here". Whoop!
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Probably a load of bollox as per usual.

No doubt the hottest summer ever will be predicted for this year.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

High-tide is at 9:30 here ... i'll take a stroll and see what's happening. I already know the answer ...

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Warnings for the SW bit of West Sussex which I'm not far from. High tide at midnight.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

finchman

Post by finchman »

The high tide is due to hit Wigan Pier around now.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The water will be at least up to the second floor of Trencherfield.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

birdie

Post by birdie »

carcinogen wrote:If you were to believe all that is being reported, half of Norfolk and Essex is going to be washed tonight away in a 'tidal surge'. I walked along the beach at high-tide this morning and there was nothing out of the ordinary. A few piss-poor barriers have been put up along the sea front, but it's all rather half-hearted. Don't get me wrong,I hope there is massive coastal flooding tonight, but I seriously doubt anything out of the ordinary will happen. At least not here ... how if Jaywick in Essex gets washed away, it's hardly a fucking loss is it.
Perhaps I'm not quite getting the picture, but why would you hope for that?
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

birdie wrote:
carcinogen wrote:If you were to believe all that is being reported, half of Norfolk and Essex is going to be washed tonight away in a 'tidal surge'. I walked along the beach at high-tide this morning and there was nothing out of the ordinary. A few piss-poor barriers have been put up along the sea front, but it's all rather half-hearted. Don't get me wrong,I hope there is massive coastal flooding tonight, but I seriously doubt anything out of the ordinary will happen. At least not here ... how if Jaywick in Essex gets washed away, it's hardly a fucking loss is it.
Perhaps I'm not quite getting the picture, but why would you hope for that?
It's a shithole and he wants it to be flushed away. Have you heard about Jaywick, birdie?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Well, there was a bit of a 'surge' on Gorleston beach ... but nothing too scandalous. Place was absolutely fuckin' rammed ... never seen it so busy, not even in the summer! Never seen so many fucking cars. Mad.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote:Well, there was a bit of a 'surge' on Gorleston beach ... but nothing too scandalous. Place was absolutely fuckin' rammed ... never seen it so busy, not even in the summer! Never seen so many fucking cars. Mad.
So people flocked to see a natural event that threatened* to sweep them to oblivion?

Fuck me, if a previously unknown undersea volcano rose up out of the sea off Caister then Yarmouth would look like fucking Woodstock.

*Obviously they also knew what a crock of overhyped media shit it was and that the Met Office couldn't forecast a wank at swingers do, but still.....
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Was going tp Lowestoft this evening, but no tranis and they've closed both bridges there. Some rather crap photos: http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/ ... _1_4849142
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

NOTHING happened. As I and about 99pc of the locals knew. I just heard a quote from some bumbling councillor: "No, the authorities did not overreact" - YES THEY DID. The local media hyped it all up and lost all journalistic integrity as is the norm nowadays. Local newsman Stuart White was almost urging the river to burst it's banks, you could just see the news-lust in his eyes. When people he interviewed seemed slightly non-plussed by the whole thing he seemed to take personal offensive.

PS. Why on EARTH would you want to go to Lowestoft Carlos? Have you lost your tiny mind? I'm hoping you were going to the Theatre or something cultural. Either that or the magistrates court.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ha, carc. I used to live there, remember, so go back a lot. Soft spot for the shit old seaside town so off this morning. Way better than shitty Yarmouth.

Bridges open, flooding averted, so sunny Suffolk here I come. :) :drinkers:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

finchman

Post by finchman »

The 'Enviroment Agency' should be closed down,how the fuck did we manage before this useless quango was set up?
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!