The favourite podcast thread

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: The favourite podcast thread

Post by Basualdo »

Rainbowmonkey wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:I got into the Astonishing Legends podcast when you recommended it before, Bas.

Oddly enough this very week I'd dropped in on it for the first time in ages, and had listened to Part 1 of The Sludge Entity, ending on the most worrying 'cliffhanger' imaginable. I've since listened to Part 2... won't be forgetting all that in a hurry. Likewise The Devil in the Diner. How are the images so vivid on this?

Scott Phillbrook needs to stop clattering it with jokes, but I still love it. It's a piece of work. They have sponsors now hey, and it looks like they're making shows more often.
Have you listened to the one I mentioned earlier in the thread, 'The Laughing Indian'?
Jesus, that actually gave me nightmares.

Funnily enough the Sludge Entity ones are 2 that I have missed. I must try to catch up. Ad I've heard other people - including Scott and Forrest on AL - recommend Jim Harold's stuff. I must try to listen soon.
I did hear The Laughing Indian. Creepy in the big house, but compared to some of the others I found it quite underwhelming really, but I feel I've not given it a proper chance. I had it on in the background of an afternoon while doing something else. It definitely matters how you listen to this sort of thing and how you let it settle. I will listen to it again. The subject matter of The Sludge Entity makes The Laughing Indian seem like a picnic at this point.

I think it was the Shadow People episode where I heard them mention Jim Harold's Campfire, and I've listened to every episode since I found it. I think you will love it. There'll be about 10 free episodes on itunes right now, each about an hour long. Go get em. I think he podcasts for a living.

Here's 'The Laughing Indian' story, if anyone is interested. Its only 40 minutes long and terrifying.
Listening to it again, the guy was 12 years old when it happened in the mid 70s, and it was in upstate New York - Woodstock, no less - and not the mid west.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Not podcasts, sorry, but on Yootoob were and might still be the two Alan Partridge books, the proper audiobooks read by the big man. 'I, Partridge - We Need to talk about Alan', and 'Alan Partridge - Nomad'. Several hours long each. Amazing.

MASSES of audiobooks on there.

ps. Bas, I'll listen to The Coral Castle tomorrow and see what happens. :)
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Basualdo wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:I got into the Astonishing Legends podcast when you recommended it before, Bas.

Oddly enough this very week I'd dropped in on it for the first time in ages, and had listened to Part 1 of The Sludge Entity, ending on the most worrying 'cliffhanger' imaginable. I've since listened to Part 2... won't be forgetting all that in a hurry. Likewise The Devil in the Diner. How are the images so vivid on this?

Scott Phillbrook needs to stop clattering it with jokes, but I still love it. It's a piece of work. They have sponsors now hey, and it looks like they're making shows more often.
Have you listened to the one I mentioned earlier in the thread, 'The Laughing Indian'?

Funnily enough the Sludge Entity ones are 2 that I have missed. I must try to catch up. Ad I've heard other people - including Scott and Forrest on AL - recommend Jim Harold's stuff. I must try to listen soon.
I did hear The Laughing Indian. Creepy in the big house, but compared to some of the others I found it quite underwhelming really, but I feel I've not given it a proper chance. I had it on in the background of an afternoon while doing something else. It definitely matters how you listen to this sort of thing and how you let it settle. I will listen to it again. The subject matter of The Sludge Entity makes The Laughing Indian seem like a picnic at this point.

I think it was the Shadow People episode where I heard them mention Jim Harold's Campfire, and I've listened to every episode since I found it. I think you will love it. There'll be about 10 free episodes on itunes right now, each about an hour long. Go get em. I think he podcasts for a living.

Here's 'The Laughing Indian' story, if anyone is interested. Its only 40 minutes long and terrifying.
Listening to it again, the guy was 12 years old when it happened in the mid 70s, and it was in upstate New York - Woodstock, no less - and not the mid west.
I'm up all night, might listen later, see if I get spooked. :) And keep meaning to listen to Patridge reading Partridge but never got round to it, it's been there a few months.

As for, 'Thinking Sideways', Bas. Of course I'm going to ask, have they covered Maddie yet? Ten years this May so big anniversary and will gett more headlines. The litigious McCann's wouldn't go after them, they threaten a lot, don't see court so often.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Carlos J wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

I'm up all night, might listen later, see if I get spooked. :) And keep meaning to listen to Patridge reading Partridge but never got round to it, it's been there a few months.

As for, 'Thinking Sideways', Bas. Of course I'm going to ask, have they covered Maddie yet? Ten years this May so big anniversary and will gett more headlines. The litigious McCann's wouldn't go after them, they threaten a lot, don't see court so often.

Yep.

http://thinkingsidewayspodcast.com/madeleine-mccann/

Its from very nearly two years ago though.
Proud Gammon

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ta. Will listen in a bit.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ha. A couple of minutes in they said she was born in 'Lyster'. Better than 'Lysester', and did admit there were going to be mispronunciations, so a bit harsh from me. Maybe I'll summarise in the correct thread but not taking notes.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Carlos J wrote:Ha. A couple of minutes in they said she was born in 'Lyster'. Better than 'Lysester', and did admit there were going to be mispronunciations, so a bit harsh from me. Maybe I'll summarise in the correct thread but not taking notes.

Oh pisronouncians is a constant meme on Thinking Sideways. I think they just do it for badness now.
I was listening to some other yank podcast - I cant remember which one now - and they were doing a show on the recovery of Richard the thirds remains and one of the girls presenting it said that though she studied the Wars of the Roses at college, and had seen Leicester written down thousands of times, it wasnt until she saw BBC news reports of it on yank telly did she realise it was Lester and not Ly-sester. Stupid cow.
Proud Gammon

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Basualdo wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Ha. A couple of minutes in they said she was born in 'Lyster'. Better than 'Lysester', and did admit there were going to be mispronunciations, so a bit harsh from me. Maybe I'll summarise in the correct thread but not taking notes.

Oh pisronouncians is a constant meme on Thinking Sideways. I think they just do it for badness now.
I was listening to some other yank podcast - I cant remember which one now - and they were doing a show on the recovery of Richard the thirds remains and one of the girls presenting it said that though she studied the Wars of the Roses at college, and had seen Leicester written down thousands of times, it wasnt until she saw BBC news reports of it on yank telly did she realise it was Lester and not Ly-sester. Stupid cow.
Yeah it was amusing when Leicester won the league, there were various youubes asking yanks how it was pronounced.

Devon sounds kind of hot. :) However, contrary to what I said, and did pause to note. 7mins - Talking about how far from the Apt 5A to the Tapas bar, say "Nobody, anywhere has a layout of the resort", and have done a lot of looking. What is this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24526934 and this: https://victoriastaffordapsychicinvesti ... -in-spain/ amongst many others :roll:

Sorry, Bas, will cease nitpicking there and just listen.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Oh well. I will post here. A certainly interesting podcast so far. Enjoyable enough, but more like some yanks in a bar talking about something they have little knowledge about. Fair enough as the facts and fictions are massive and still preferable to listening to some Brits in a pub talking about something they have little knowledge about. Or on forums. ;)

Fair enough, they have shows, many shows to do, but basic research is buggered. Talking about the dogs and the Renault Scenic, Devon says she hasn't seen the Dogs videos and, "I couldn't even find if the McCann's had driven to their holiday or not". They rented the Scenic after Maddie went missing. some talk about driving to PDL with a British licence plate, :roll: one voice of sense says they flew there and rented the car there.

Young Devon comes out with a banger about the dogs and cars.
"I don't know if it was done in Portugal or where. This is again, this is one of those frustrating situation where I wish there was more information but I can't find it. I'm sure it's in the original police reports but i can't requisition those because it's still an open case.".
FFS, Devon, this was one of the few cases and what flummoxed the McCann's where the near whole Police file was released to the public. The PJ files, barring what they kept, 11k plus pages were released in 2008 and are available to read widely: http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/

That is 37 mins down, another 40mins to go. Nah, not now. Arm oot for now, Bas. :(

Will try not to spoil the thread when listening to the rest. But fuck sake, if that is any evidence of their investigating skills, Junior Det. Del would be Head of CID on their podcast. :arrow:

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Basualdo wrote:
Bad Blue 2000 wrote:Not exactly a podcast but the whole 6 hours of the latest Partridge;
Oh God!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thank you, thank you so much!

Ive read it but it will be much better in the man himself's own tones.

I doubt it will stay up for long.

The Original "autobiography" is on Youtube as well - I'd read the book but it was funny as fuck listening to it again read by Alan Partridge.

If you use a site called clip converter it'll download youtube vids as an Mp3
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

colinthewarriormonkey

This is my favourite podcast.

You have Barry who genuinely believes in all things paranormal, and Ray who is a complete sceptic.

It's basically 45 minutes of Ray pointing out why he's a fucking bellend for believing in this stuff, but some of it has me crying with laughter. I usually listen to it while I'm taking the dog for a walk and I get some funny looks from people when they see a man standing in the woods bent over double, laughing to himself.

3 series of it.

free photo hosting

http://www.theparapod.com/about/
"The Cunt's Cunt."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:This is my favourite podcast.

You have Barry who genuinely believes in all things paranormal, and Ray who is a complete sceptic.

It's basically 45 minutes of Ray pointing out why he's a fucking bellend for believing in this stuff, but some of it has me crying with laughter. I usually listen to it while I'm taking the dog for a walk and I get some funny looks from people when they see a man standing in the woods bent over double, laughing to himself.

3 series of it.

free photo hosting

Theres a similar Yank one called Surreal Talk thats also available on youtube.
Two genuine brothers from Illinois, Eric and Everett, that are polar opposites in looks and views.
Eric is a welder by trade, small and weaselly looking and sounds like squeaky Yank comedian Asiz Ansari, and will believe any old shit no matter how ridiculous.
While Everett is a software engineer, a big beardy bugger who sounds exactly like Seth Rogan and is the sceptic.

Their discussion often deteriorates - like those of brothers tend to do - and will quite often end in one of them threatening to "tell mom."
A few times though theyve gone further and I heard one recent exchange when big Everett told his little brother, "You sit there with your ugly fucking pointy face and your stupid fucking hat and spout this fucking bullshit at me?!!!! I oughtta come over there and kick your fucking teeth in!!!"

The thing that stops me listening more than occasionally is that wee pointy faced Eric comes across (or his on air persona comes across) as a genuinely utterly repellent individual. I would not have his big brothers restraint and just wade in windmilling at every opportunity.

I'll give Parapod a listen tonight though.
Proud Gammon

colinthewarriormonkey

Basualdo wrote:

3 series of it.

free photo hosting

Two genuine brothers from Illinois, Eric and Everett, that are polar opposites in looks and views.
Eric is a welder by trade, small and weaselly looking and sounds like squeaky Yank comedian Asiz Ansari, and will believe any old shit no matter how ridiculous.
While Everett is a software engineer, a big beardy bugger who sounds exactly like Seth Rogan and is the sceptic.

Their discussion often deteriorates - like those of brothers tend to do - and will quite often end in one of them threatening to "tell mom."
A few times though theyve gone further and I heard one recent exchange when big Everett told his little brother, "You sit there with your ugly fucking pointy face and your stupid fucking hat and spout this fucking bullshit at me?!!!! I oughtta come over there and kick your fucking teeth in!!!"

The thing that stops me listening more than occasionally is that wee pointy faced Eric comes across (or his on air persona comes across) as a genuinely utterly repellent individual. I would not have his big brothers restraint and just wade in windmilling at every opportunity.

I'll give that other one a look on you tube.

Let me know what you think of the parapod,.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

3 series of it.

free photo hosting

I'll give that other one a look on you tube.

Let me know what you think of the parapod,.
I'm just listening to the first of the third series and I have been pissing myself laughing for the past half hour.
Thanks for this.
The demolition of the moon landings conspiracy is as hilarious as it is vicious
Poor Barry. :D

"Okay then where did they film it? "
" Area 51.Thats why we're not allowed in it.
"No the reason you're not allowed in it is because it is a military base and you dont fucking work there. They are under any obligation to let any Tom Dick and fucking Barry in 'to have a look around'. Are you out of your fucking mind?! "

Ive got a whole 3 series to catch up on too. 8)
Proud Gammon

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Oh God, Colin, I dont think that I have laughed so much in years. The magic eye ballbag story had my throat sore laughing.
Then in the Paul McCartney is dead conspiracy :
"You see back then the Beatles were really famous because there weren't that many singers or groups."
"What?! Well how many were there then, genius? "
" About six or seven. "

"How many Beatles were there?"
"Well how many do you fucking think then? Name them"
"Err, Ringo, George... erm... Matthew... "
" Matthew?!!! Who the fuck is Matthew?!! "
" I got confused!!!
Proud Gammon