The favourite podcast thread

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: The favourite podcast thread

Post by Basualdo »

Im listening to one I have missed before called Crime in Sports. Its pretty funny. Two US comedians ripping the piss out of scumbag sportsmen. Amazingly the one I'm listening to is about that piece of shit Marlon King.
Its refreshing to hear two foreigners who confess to next to fuck all about football refer to Phil Brown as a 'dickhead' & 'an asshole'. Talent will out. :)
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Over a hundred thousand podcasts on every subject to choose from here.

http://www.allthepodcasts.com
Proud Gammon

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

davidarthur wrote:The parapod is the funniest thing I've listened to in ages and thank you to whoever put this up - certainly makes dull car journeys flyby.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I think it's the best podcast out there by a country mile.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
davidarthur wrote:The parapod is the funniest thing I've listened to in ages and thank you to whoever put this up - certainly makes dull car journeys flyby.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I think it's the best podcast out there by a country mile.

I listened to the last ever one last night. :(
Proud Gammon

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Im listening to this at the minute.

The insane story of NHL player Brian Spencer.
Its not quite as funny as Parapod but its getting up there.
You will not believe what his dad did when Spencers first major league NHL game for the Toronto Maple Leafs was switched as the televised game at the last minute. But its described here as, "the most Canadian crime since someone out hunting moose missed the moose and accidentally hit Shania Twain while she was out curling and wearing a Mounties hat."
Proud Gammon

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Basualdo wrote:Im listening to this at the minute.

You will not believe what his dad did when Spencers first major league NHL game for the Toronto Maple Leafs was switched as the televised game at the last minute. But its described here as, "the most Canadian crime since someone out hunting moose missed the moose and accidentally hit Shania Twain while she was out curling and wearing a Mounties hat."

Sorry to Reg my own post, but the latest episode of Crime in Sports has two hours featuring the tale of Peter Storey.

Gasp as they describe Arsenal as "the New York Yankees of London".
Marvel at two self confessed Yank football ignoramii mispronouncing Leicester time after time and finally saying that they don't give a fuck anyway.
Find out that Tottenham Hotspur are obviously "a team of fucking pansies" because they have a "stupid assed pansy name".
Laugh at their bemusement and disbelief at the FA Cup.
Listen as they laud the concept of relegation.
And discover how Peter Storey got finally humbled after "smuggling fuck tapes" out of Holland for Ronnie O'Sullivans dad. And his counterfeiting. And his pimping.

Though it really is a very funny ripping the piss out of the old Arsenal thug.
Proud Gammon

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:
colinthewarriormonkey wrote:

I listened to the last ever one last night. :(

Just listened to the first half-hour of the first episode.

Is it typical of the series? Doesn't sound like the same thing at all - just talking about whether ghosts are real?
Roy IN!!

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:

Sorry to Reg my own post, but the latest episode of Crime in Sports has two hours featuring the tale of Peter Storey.

Marvel at two self confessed Yank football ignoramii mispronouncing Leicester time after time and finally saying that they don't give a fuck anyway.
Find out that Tottenham Hotspur are obviously "a team of fucking pansies" because they have a "stupid assed pansy name".
And discover how Peter Storey got finally humbled after "smuggling fuck tapes" out of Holland for Ronnie O'Sullivans dad. And his counterfeiting. And his pimping.

:)

Just listened to this - very enjoyable, will now listen to some more of them.
Roy IN!!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Reg wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

Listen to the one about hockey player Brian Spencer.

Its insanity. Like a preposterous shit comedy film about Ice Hockey.
Proud Gammon

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:
Reg wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

Can you recommend a particular episode of Parapod?

I listened to the first one and couldn't see the point of it.

Are the other episodes different?
Roy IN!!

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Reg wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Reg wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

Can you recommend a particular episode of Parapod?

I listened to the first one and couldn't see the point of it.

Are the other episodes different?

They're pretty much finding their feet in the first one. Keep listening it does get eyewateringly funny.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Rantan Zero

Post by Rantan Zero »

I've listened to a few episodes of Parapod..and old Rapey Cock is a bit of an irritating cunt isn't he? I'll carry on listening in the hope that poor Barry ends up smashing Ray's face in at some point.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I've just looked at the parapod site and none have any titles, just episode numbers followed by Barry's thoughts, plus evidence photos and links.

Are there any audio links that don't go through Itunes?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Rantan Zero wrote:I've listened to a few episodes of Parapod..and old Rapey Cock is a bit of an irritating cunt isn't he? I'll carry on listening in the hope that poor Barry ends up smashing Ray's face in at some point.
"Rapey Cock"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, he is more than a little smug, isnt he? No self doubt there at all. You'd hope that was all in his comic persona.
Proud Gammon

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

m4rkb wrote:I've just looked at the parapod site and none have any titles, just episode numbers followed by Barry's thoughts, plus evidence photos and links.

Are there any audio links that don't go through Itunes?

Soundcloud.

Its an arse of a site but you can get them all. They wont automatically come up in order though, look for the link in the list that says it has them in order and that will bring them up properly.

Hold on, let me fanny about a little.

EDIT: Here you go m4rk...

Listen to The Parapod - In order from the oldest to the newest by Punhist #np on #SoundCloud
Proud Gammon