What TV series should I watch?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
lasharoo

Re: What TV series should I watch?

Post by lasharoo »

Reg wrote:Some sort of romantic epic about non-league football fans.

A surefire fucking ratings winner if ever I heard one...I'm off to check if "Vanarama Nights" has been copyrighted yet, cheers Reginald :smt023
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Started watching Rick and Morty. Very strange indeed, but often quite funny. And unusual for a cartoon in that there's a storyline running through the episodes.
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

It's awesome.

Freddy Krueger knock-off.......Scary Terry.

You're plenty scary Terry!! Awwwwww bitch lol
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Sons of Anarchy just on season 5 now .It just gets better and better this series
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

genehunt1973 wrote:Sons of Anarchy just on season 5 now .It just gets better and better this series

I hate to piss on your chips here Gene, and far be it for me to spoil your viewing enjoyment, but I have never known a TV series to fall off a cliff faster than SoA, the last two series were a complete pile of shite made unwatchable by Kurt Sutter's diabolically bad writing and unfathomable storylines........in my humble opinion.

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

lasharoo wrote:
genehunt1973 wrote:Sons of Anarchy just on season 5 now .It just gets better and better this series

I hate to piss on your chips here Gene, and far be it for me to spoil your viewing enjoyment, but I have never known a TV series to fall off a cliff faster than SoA, the last two series were a complete pile of shite made unwatchable by Kurt Sutter's diabolically bad writing and unfathomable storylines........in my humble opinion.

Tbh Lash it put me off when Opie got killed
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

genehunt1973 wrote:
lasharoo wrote:

The Belfast storyline killed it for me. It dragged it into the nonsensical. If they had animated that season, I mean like a cartoon, and threw in fucken leprechauns, it could not have been more ridiculous.

Okay, I know for the vast, vast majority of its audience it would not have mattered one iota but for someone over here watching a series which prides itself on its realism (whatever thats worth on TV) and violence to see that storyline play out was so disappointing.

Imagine if in Breaking Bad Walter White moved his operation to the UK and set up his meth lab in the Tower of London and hired Dick Van Dyke accented Beefeaters as his crew? That gives you an idea how off that storyline was. I could not take it seriously after that.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

SOA is one of the silliest most overrated pile of shite I have ever seen. Give up half way through season 3.

Did enjoy first season though.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Rossco wrote:It's awesome.

Freddy Krueger knock-off.......Scary Terry.

You're plenty scary Terry!! Awwwwww bitch lol

some of the one off characters are brilliant. Mr Meeseeks, King Jellybean and of course Scary Terry. At least I assume they are one off characters, I have just started the second series.
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Basualdo wrote:
genehunt1973 wrote:
lasharoo wrote:

The Belfast storyline killed it for me. It dragged it into the nonsensical. If they had animated that season, I mean like a cartoon, and threw in fucken leprechauns, it could not have been more ridiculous.

Okay, I know for the vast, vast majority of its audience it would not have mattered one iota but for someone over here watching a series which prides itself on its realism (whatever thats worth on TV) and violence to see that storyline play out was so disappointing.

Imagine if in Breaking Bad Walter White moved his operation to the UK and set up his meth lab in the Tower of London and hired Dick Van Dyke accented Beefeaters as his crew? That gives you an idea how off that storyline was. I could not take it seriously after that.

I can only imagine how pissed off you were Bas, and indeed anyone from NI who was into SoA, the Belfast story-line was terrible and the accents beyond cringeworthy, compared to the earlier series it was like a fucking amateur had taken control of the thing, I think Sutter took loads of flak for it at the time from folks on our side of the pond but he is so egotistical (I say that from reading his social media musings from the last few years) he probably didn't/doesn't give a fuck.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

genehunt1973 wrote:
lasharoo wrote:

RIP Big Man :(

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

lasharoo wrote:
genehunt1973 wrote:
lasharoo wrote:

RIP Big Man :(

That really fucking got to me that scene,He was the best one in it

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Shout out to Bad Blue and the Fargo fans for pushing me on to continue with Fargo.

Up to episode 5 and really in to it. Thewlis is superb (he must have the mother lording gift of the almightyist gab to end up with Anna Friel for a long, long time!) an even McGregor's 'top o' the morning' hybrid accent is not that distracting anymore.

Very good.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Just found this series on Sky Box Sets and am really enjoying it. It ran from 2006 - 2008 so I'm a bit late in finding it. :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457229/

Suhari

Post by Suhari »

Rossco wrote:SOA is one of the silliest most overrated pile of shite I have ever seen. Give up half way through season 3.

Did enjoy first season though.

Wifey and I tried to watch it.....were looking for a TV series to get into together.

Mutually gave up half way through the third episode.

Don't think series are for us. They're definitely not for me.
I might have done one - not sure but possible.