What TV series should I watch?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
genehunt1973

Re: What TV series should I watch?

Post by genehunt1973 »

lasharoo wrote:
genehunt1973 wrote:Sons of Anarchy just on season 5 now .It just gets better and better this series

I hate to piss on your chips here Gene, and far be it for me to spoil your viewing enjoyment, but I have never known a TV series to fall off a cliff faster than SoA, the last two series were a complete pile of shite made unwatchable by Kurt Sutter's diabolically bad writing and unfathomable storylines........in my humble opinion.

Just finished season 6 thought it was ok
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

Chris

Post by Chris »

Naked Attraction
Signature

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

kevin04 wrote:
colinthewarriormonkey wrote:Myself and my missus would like to thank you Kevin for "Rectify" what a stunning programme, great to see a series which relies on nothing more than a great piece of story telling with superb actors to carry it off.

Really great that they didn't string it out, told the story at the pace it needed in 4 short series.

Highly recommended.

Glad you enjoyed it, Colin. An excellent series and the last season was just brilliant - all the characters developing in their own ways. Scenes like Amantha talking to Billy about some old school friends and what they were doing now and Ted Jr getting drunk in his old house/setting off the alarm then full of big ideas before falling asleep to the pest control man coming to the door, are just brilliant.

Deise, PG and Pet were big fans of this as well. I think many of the cast are going on to bigger/other things too which is great.

They were a fine bunch of actors.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Ozark

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

OZARK. I just finished watching Ozark. I really fucking enjoyed it and can heartily recommend it.

Synopsis (Wiki):

Ozark is an American crime drama thriller web series created by Bill Dubuque and produced by Media Rights Capital. Jason Bateman stars in the series; he also directed the first two and last two episodes.

Bateman portrays financial planner Marty Byrde, and Laura Linney portrays a homemaker turned real estate agent Wendy Byrde. Marty suddenly relocates the family from a Chicago suburb to a summer resort community in the Missouri Ozarks after a money laundering scheme goes wrong, and he must pay off a debt to a Mexican drug lord.

The acting is supurb, as is the writing. I cannot recommend this highly enough.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

EddieCheddar wrote:Ozark

LOL. Sorry ... I should have read the post before I posted. haha. :drinkers:
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

colinthewarriormonkey

That looks Brilliant - cheers
"The Cunt's Cunt."

finchman

Post by finchman »

The telly is fucking shit,resorted to watching AFC Fylde v Barrow on BT Sport,spoiled by cunts of pundits namely' 'Grront' Holt and fucking Saunders.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

carcinogen wrote:OZARK. I just finished watching Ozark. I really fucking enjoyed it and can heartily recommend it.

Synopsis (Wiki):

Ozark is an American crime drama thriller web series created by Bill Dubuque and produced by Media Rights Capital. Jason Bateman stars in the series; he also directed the first two and last two episodes.

Bateman portrays financial planner Marty Byrde, and Laura Linney portrays a homemaker turned real estate agent Wendy Byrde. Marty suddenly relocates the family from a Chicago suburb to a summer resort community in the Missouri Ozarks after a money laundering scheme goes wrong, and he must pay off a debt to a Mexican drug lord.

The acting is supurb, as is the writing. I cannot recommend this highly enough.

Sounds like a more whitebread version of Breaking Bad to me.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

colinthewarriormonkey

Just started watching this - Gripping from the off.

"The Cunt's Cunt."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I watched the first two episodes of Im Dying Up Here, a fictionalised account of the LA comedy scene in the early 70s.

The first one, the pilot, was not very good.
But the second one was a lot better. Not great, but good enough that I will watch the third one when its available.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Ozarks were good. A bit far fetched, and cliched at times ; but enjoyable, gripping and a lot better than the amount of shite on mainstream TV. Although I couldn't help but put the Ron Howard voice over in my head when Marty was on screen ''Michael Bluth is happy..'' etc Also seems strange seeing Bateman swear more than once as well.

And fair dues to Peter Mullan, who'd have thought he had that accent in him, an excellent performance. Ironic if at the age of 62 or whatever, this was his step in to the big US market.

No more than three seasons, if there are to be more of this though. It could get ridiculous fast!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

kevin04 wrote:Ozarks were good. A bit far fetched, and cliched at times ; but enjoyable, gripping and a lot better than the amount of shite on mainstream TV. Although I couldn't help but put the Ron Howard voice over in my head when Marty was on screen ''Michael Bluth is happy..'' etc Also seems strange seeing Bateman swear more than once as well.

And fair dues to Peter Mullan, who'd have thought he had that accent in him, an excellent performance. Ironic if at the age of 62 or whatever, this was his step in to the big US market.

No more than three seasons, if there are to be more of this though. It could get ridiculous fast!

I binged the first 4 episodes a week or two ago. It wasnt bad but while I will get round to finishing it off, it wasnt gripping enough that I'm in a hurry to do so.

Regarding Arrested Development, they are in the middle of making season 5.
Thats a big gamble for Netflix especially in light of how poorly season 4 was (rightfully) received.
This time they say that all the main actors have cleared their schedules to take part instead of just popping in every so often to film while doing other stuff, which was what Netflix are blaming for such a lacklustre showing last time.

We'll see.
The first three seasons are so good that I'm very willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also, new Bojack Horseman out on Netflix next Friday! Yayyyy!
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Basualdo wrote:
kevin04 wrote:Ozarks were good. A bit far fetched, and cliched at times ; but enjoyable, gripping and a lot better than the amount of shite on mainstream TV. Although I couldn't help but put the Ron Howard voice over in my head when Marty was on screen ''Michael Bluth is happy..'' etc Also seems strange seeing Bateman swear more than once as well.

I binged the first 4 episodes a week or two ago. It wasnt bad but while I will get round to finishing it off, it wasnt gripping enough that I'm in a hurry to do so.

Regarding Arrested Development, they are in the middle of making season 5.
Thats a big gamble for Netflix especially in light of how poorly season 4 was (rightfully) received.
This time they say that all the main actors have cleared their schedules to take part instead of just popping in every so often to film while doing other stuff, which was what Netflix are blaming for such a lacklustre showing last time.

We'll see.
The first three seasons are so good that I'm very willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also, new Bojack Horseman out on Netflix next Friday! Yayyyy!

Oh! I didn't know that about Bojack! Excellent!

I'm hoping for the best with AD as well. Season 4 was massively disappointing. One fear is that they've missed the boat and people are getting tired of the mockumentary/stare at the camera-say something witty/pause thing that is now about 15 years old ; but like you say, the first 3 seasons' were brilliant, I still watch episodes where there are jokes that I didn't pick up the first time. Here's hoping.

Ozarks were good, but it was all a bit cliched at times e.g eccentric old man, painting all the Hillbillies apart form the fiesty young woman and her cousin who read books etc, as thick as fuck. The accents too. Of course it's TV etc, and I'd give it 6.5/10 but I don't know.. starting to sound like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons now, so I'm offski 8)
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Minder, but not the ray daley episodes

sweeney
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence