John Bercow

In-depth debate on all topical issues
User avatar
paolo
Registered user
Posts: 10725
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Van Isle/Holmfirth/Verona

Re: John Bercow

Postby paolo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:35 pm

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:I think the likes of the DM do raise issues that a good proportion of the country are concerned about

Oh, definitely:
- Muslims
- immigrants
- house prices.

The End.


Endo gets a mention?
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

User avatar
m4rkb
Registered user
Posts: 20797
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:35 pm
Location: Ape City

Re: John Bercow

Postby m4rkb » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:45 pm

paolo wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:I think the likes of the DM do raise issues that a good proportion of the country are concerned about

Oh, definitely:
- Muslims
- immigrants
- house prices.

The End.


Endo gets a mention?


I thought that.

Clearly a post made after several shots of the whisky and wine he reviews.

User avatar
subsub
Registered user
Posts: 20385
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:02 am
Location: Herts

Re: John Bercow

Postby subsub » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:04 am

paolo wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:I think the likes of the DM do raise issues that a good proportion of the country are concerned about

Oh, definitely:
- Muslims
- immigrants
- house prices.

The End.


Endo gets a mention?

:lol: :lol:

I KNEW someone would say that :mrgreen:
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

User avatar
paolo
Registered user
Posts: 10725
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Van Isle/Holmfirth/Verona

Re: John Bercow

Postby paolo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:35 am

subsub wrote:
paolo wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:I think the likes of the DM do raise issues that a good proportion of the country are concerned about

Oh, definitely:
- Muslims
- immigrants
- house prices.

The End.


Endo gets a mention?

:lol: :lol:

I KNEW someone would say that :mrgreen:


:D :lol:
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

User avatar
Zambo
Registered user
Posts: 27248
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:18 am

Re: John Bercow

Postby Zambo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:27 am

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:I think the likes of the DM do raise issues that a good proportion of the country are concerned about

Oh, definitely:
- Muslims
- immigrants
- house prices.

The End.

Underpinning your preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience with another load of bollocks. Anyway you don't read the rag, so I don't see how you can comment on it's content.

I'm thinking more of miscarriages of justice, cases of antisemitism from those you support, parliamentary bias, and highlighting the prejudice from the rags you read etc.
Don't believe everything you think, and rise above principle and do what's right

User avatar
Roy Twing
Registered user
Posts: 11914
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:20 pm
Location: 51 23 46 N 0 11 56 W

Re: John Bercow

Postby Roy Twing » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:13 am

Ralph wrote:
Zambo wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:Jumped up little toad will already have most of his memoirs written stabbing the backs of all and sundry.

He won't see it that way Del, and neither will those defending him. If he's have been a Brexiteer and acted impartially in favour of those who voted leave, I can't imagine the scenes.


He’s a staunch defender of parliamentary democracy who won’t be bullied by the foreign owned, right wing press.

Unfortunately there’s too many people in this country who don’t know what to think until they’ve read the Daily Mail, Sun, Express etc.

Imagine that Zambo. What kind of fucking moron decides what to think based on what they read in the Daily Mail?


It would help if your mindset didn't keep conflating democracy with parliamentary superiority.
This is what bercow is championing, on behalf of the elite, and against the 'people'.
The idea that bercow is defending democracy is beyond laughable, - he is simply confirming that the people are stupid and the elite know what's best for us.
And it seems they really do believe that, - they actually believe that they must act to save us from ourselves, - they are that arrogant.
Despite what the establishment try to propagate, - we brexiters most definitely do know what we voted for
And for posterity, - could the usual suspects explain what exactly is 'racist' about my avatar?
Ta.

User avatar
Zambo
Registered user
Posts: 27248
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:18 am

Re: John Bercow

Postby Zambo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:35 am

Well all politicians are better educated and cleverer than us plebs, and that goes for Remainers as well. We are just thick and easily taken in.

The amusing part of that, is they actually believe it and everything they think as well. :lol:
Don't believe everything you think, and rise above principle and do what's right

kancutlawns
Posts: 40000
Posts: 68548
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Re: John Bercow

Postby kancutlawns » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:24 am

Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Zambo wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:Jumped up little toad will already have most of his memoirs written stabbing the backs of all and sundry.

He won't see it that way Del, and neither will those defending him. If he's have been a Brexiteer and acted impartially in favour of those who voted leave, I can't imagine the scenes.


He’s a staunch defender of parliamentary democracy who won’t be bullied by the foreign owned, right wing press.

Unfortunately there’s too many people in this country who don’t know what to think until they’ve read the Daily Mail, Sun, Express etc.

Imagine that Zambo. What kind of fucking moron decides what to think based on what they read in the Daily Mail?


It would help if your mindset didn't keep conflating democracy with parliamentary superiority.
This is what bercow is championing, on behalf of the elite, and against the 'people'.
The idea that bercow is defending democracy is beyond laughable, - he is simply confirming that the people are stupid and the elite know what's best for us.
And it seems they really do believe that, - they actually believe that they must act to save us from ourselves, - they are that arrogant.

Eh? Bercow used to be part of the Conservative Monday Club which espoused “traditional Conservative values” and was in league with the DUP and other extreme factions that amongst their aims was to end non white immigration. Do you actually think that Bercow being part of that extreme cult of far right bigotry then leaving to be more inclusive and mainstream is him being part of “the elite”?

If he supported the objectives of that group and was rabidly leave, would you be jumping up and down with apoplectic seizures about his bias? Hand on heart would you or are you raging because he’s a moderate who doesn’t espouse the swivel eyed rationale of Mogg and Francoise? Could you expand on your thoughts please? A bit of honesty would be appreciated.

User avatar
Roy Twing
Registered user
Posts: 11914
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:20 pm
Location: 51 23 46 N 0 11 56 W

Re: John Bercow

Postby Roy Twing » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:33 am

kancutlawns wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Zambo wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:Jumped up little toad will already have most of his memoirs written stabbing the backs of all and sundry.

He won't see it that way Del, and neither will those defending him. If he's have been a Brexiteer and acted impartially in favour of those who voted leave, I can't imagine the scenes.


He’s a staunch defender of parliamentary democracy who won’t be bullied by the foreign owned, right wing press.

Unfortunately there’s too many people in this country who don’t know what to think until they’ve read the Daily Mail, Sun, Express etc.

Imagine that Zambo. What kind of fucking moron decides what to think based on what they read in the Daily Mail?


It would help if your mindset didn't keep conflating democracy with parliamentary superiority.
This is what bercow is championing, on behalf of the elite, and against the 'people'.
The idea that bercow is defending democracy is beyond laughable, - he is simply confirming that the people are stupid and the elite know what's best for us.
And it seems they really do believe that, - they actually believe that they must act to save us from ourselves, - they are that arrogant.

Eh? Bercow used to be part of the Conservative Monday Club which espoused “traditional Conservative values” and was in league with the DUP and other extreme factions that amongst their aims was to end non white immigration. Do you actually think that Bercow being part of that extreme cult of far right bigotry then leaving to be more inclusive and mainstream is him being part of “the elite”?

If he supported the objectives of that group and was rabidly leave, would you be jumping up and down with apoplectic seizures about his bias? Hand on heart would you or are you raging because he’s a moderate who doesn’t espouse the swivel eyed rationale of Mogg and Francoise? Could you expand on your thoughts please? A bit of honesty would be appreciated.



You do know that bercow was about to join the labour party just before he set his sights on the plum job, don't you?
Given the informal method of alternating the speakership between labour & tory, it was seen as a great joke and victory for labour that they could elect 'one of theirs' even though it was the conservative 'turn'.
Despite what the establishment try to propagate, - we brexiters most definitely do know what we voted for
And for posterity, - could the usual suspects explain what exactly is 'racist' about my avatar?
Ta.

kancutlawns
Posts: 40000
Posts: 68548
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Re: John Bercow

Postby kancutlawns » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:38 am

Could give a fuck what he was going to do. His history leaked one to deduce that he was part of a fringe that promoted fascistic opinions which seem to you to be quite reasonable about ethnic people. Stop running away and throwing whataboutery about political scum.

User avatar
Roy Twing
Registered user
Posts: 11914
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:20 pm
Location: 51 23 46 N 0 11 56 W

Re: John Bercow

Postby Roy Twing » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:45 am

kancutlawns wrote:Could give a fuck what he was going to do. His history leaked one to deduce that he was part of a fringe that promoted fascistic opinions which seem to you to be quite reasonable about ethnic people. Stop running away and throwing whataboutery about political scum.


You criticise me for whataboutery whilst accusing me of sympathising with fascists and bigots?
You asked me to explain what I meant by your 'MO' the other day, - your efforts here are precisely what I meant.
Give it a rest and stick to the topic, not accusations that are intended to wreck a thread.
It didn't take long for your true colours to show through to wreck the 'olive branch'.
Despite what the establishment try to propagate, - we brexiters most definitely do know what we voted for
And for posterity, - could the usual suspects explain what exactly is 'racist' about my avatar?
Ta.

kancutlawns
Posts: 40000
Posts: 68548
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Re: John Bercow

Postby kancutlawns » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:53 am

Yes I do. That Bercow was in an elite that originally spouted views about non white immigration that were gratuitously offensive and yet your anger and contempt for him is because “he was about to join Labour” speaks volumes.

This is D&D, it is for debate. I challenge you about your views and you vice versa both which are within the rules. Olive branches are something else. And yes, I am talking about Bercow which is on-topic.

User avatar
Roy Twing
Registered user
Posts: 11914
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:20 pm
Location: 51 23 46 N 0 11 56 W

Re: John Bercow

Postby Roy Twing » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:59 am

kancutlawns wrote:Yes I do. That Bercow was in an elite that originally spouted views about non white immigration that were gratuitously offensive and yet your anger and contempt for him is because “he was about to join Labour” speaks volumes.

This is D&D, it is for debate. I challenge you about your views and you vice versa both which are within the rules. Olive branches are something else.


But you don't challenge, - you accuse.
You have accused me of sympathising with bigots and fascists, which is entirely wrong, - so unless you can prove it please apologise.
Otherwise, please stop trying to send us on the usual slippery slope, and put me on ignore.
Despite what the establishment try to propagate, - we brexiters most definitely do know what we voted for
And for posterity, - could the usual suspects explain what exactly is 'racist' about my avatar?
Ta.

kancutlawns
Posts: 40000
Posts: 68548
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Re: John Bercow

Postby kancutlawns » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:20 am

I’m not accusing at all. I’m making comments about John Bercow and there seems to be a reluctance here (not solely by you) to talk about his background. He’s since left that group but discussion about his parliamentary conduct as speaker seems to be around him being poised to join Labour and derogatory references about him being short and his physical appearance.

OK, I’m not calling you a fascist at all. I know you’re not. I’m debating not casting aspirations on others. Just debating.

User avatar
Roy Twing
Registered user
Posts: 11914
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:20 pm
Location: 51 23 46 N 0 11 56 W

Re: John Bercow

Postby Roy Twing » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:49 pm

Ok, - no problem.
I have no reluctance to talk about anyone's background, whether they be rabidly right or left.
I also am absolutely certain that I would criticise anyone, or any organisation (guess who I'm thinking of) if they are required to be unbiased/nonpartisan, and demonstrably break this requirement, even if, in the current circumstances, the speaker were fighting hard to enable brexit.
But of course, he isn't he's doing the opposite, and doing a good job of putting a nail in the coffin of not only the spirit of democracy, but also the reputation of speaker of the house (and after the previous speaker, it was already full of nails).
The fact that he is extremely irritating to watch is a side issue.
I don't know what else I can add with regard to bercow.
Despite what the establishment try to propagate, - we brexiters most definitely do know what we voted for
And for posterity, - could the usual suspects explain what exactly is 'racist' about my avatar?
Ta.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests