John Bercow

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Petingo

Re: John Bercow

Post by Petingo »

I shall miss Mr. Speaker Bercow.

Some describe him as an “unsung” hero of the Brexit Resistance Movement but I think his contribution to the cause has indeed been “sung”.

When Corbyn’s fresh Referendum consigns Brexit to the rubbish bin where it belongs come next summer, Mr. Speaker Bercow should be given a medal :drinkers:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Petingo wrote:I shall miss Mr. Speaker Bercow.

Some describe him as an “unsung” hero of the Brexit Resistance Movement but I think his contribution to the cause has indeed been “sung”.

When Corbyn’s fresh Referendum consigns Brexit to the rubbish bin where it belongs come next summer, Mr. Speaker Bercow should be given a medal :drinkers:

Sickening, ol pet, sickening
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

subsub

Post by subsub »

:dart:
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Talking about singing, I think you'd be singing a completely different tune if he had been blatantly pro-Brexit rather than blatantly pro-Remain. If he was a referee and he awarded three penalties to Liverpool in a derby, you'd be calling for his head. It's hard to figure out why people praise someone like Bercow, based on his impartiality and leaning in the direction they support, rather than the actual job he did whilst in the post.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Zambo wrote:

Talking about singing, I think you'd be singing a completely different tune if he had been blatantly pro-Brexit rather than blatantly pro-Remain. If he was a referee and he awarded three penalties to Liverpool in a derby, you'd be calling for his head. It's hard to figure out why people praise someone like Bercow, based on his impartiality and leaning in the direction they support, rather than the actual job he did whilst in the post.

Indeed I would have, Zam.

You will thank Mr. Bercow in the future for the vital role he has played in saving your good self and the rest of the 17.4 million “experts” on economics, international trade deals, immigration control and the intricacies of the Good Friday Agreement, all of whom continue to screech “I knew exactly what I was voting for” from yourselves.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Petingo wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Indeed I would have, Zam.

You will thank Mr. Bercow in the future for the vital role he has played in saving your good self and the rest of the 17.4 million “experts” on economics, international trade deals, immigration control and the intricacies of the Good Friday Agreement, all of whom continue to screech “I knew exactly what I was voting for” from yourselves.

The point missed ol Pet. If Bercow had been pro Leave, and allowed his personal views to influence the way he did his job, then I would have condemned him. You just think he's done a good job because he did his best to sabotage Brexit. Poor show Pet.

paolo

Post by paolo »

the abuses by bercom will never be forgotten

the people must rise up as brexit, the will of the people in a free vote, is repeatedly and deliberately denied

the pacts...swinson et al....disgraceful

boris must swallow his pride, what little is left, and join forces with glorious nigel and push this through

the coming recession is ready to turtle now....and everything is in place for blame....brexit and trump....they can get away with it with those two scapegoats
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

paolo wrote:the abuses by bercom will never be forgotten

the people must rise up as brexit, the will of the people in a free vote, is repeatedly and deliberately denied

the pacts...swinson et al....disgraceful

boris must swallow his pride, what little is left, and join forces with glorious nigel and push this through

the coming recession is ready to turtle now....and everything is in place for blame....brexit and trump....they can get away with it with those two scapegoats

What were they. I’ve forgotten.

Over the years he made 50/50 decisions that displeased Brexiter politicians and Remainer politicians. There was no consistent Remainer or Leaver bias.

He was a pompous arsehole who liked the sound of his own voice, no doubt. I think he saw himself, rightly or wrongly, as a champion of Parliament over the executive/Government.

Let’s face it, it’s only matter of time before the politicians who whinged & moaned about Bercow start moaning & whinging about the new Speaker. They’re grievance monkeys.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Well, at least you got the pompous arsehole bit right. As for the new speaker, he will be judged on his performance, and impartiality which is a big part of the job, and if he displays the same behaviour as Bercow did, and favours one side continuously, then hopefully this time they will get rid.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I like the look of the new speaker. A proper down to earth guy who has tacitly pledged to make the seat impartial after Bercow.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Just had a suggested group come up on my Facebook, 'The John Bercow fan club'.

12,938 whining Remoaning members so far.

Respect The John
We are all here to show our appreciation for the work that Mr Bercow does for our democracy, not for political point-scoring

Respect Fellow Members of the House
Acting like an absolute dick will get you ejected from the chamber

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Pompous, yes.

But he will always be remembered as the man who stood up to Johnson's assault on democracy. The Johnson who has avoided democratic scrutiny in the House and in public, and who daily demonstrates either ignorance or disdain for the issues that affect us all, and who wanted to prevent challenge and lied to do so.

The Johnson who needs three weeks to review an already-vetted report on Russian interference in the Brexit referendum but who expected Parliament to approve his ramshackle deal in three days.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

All that is totally irrelevant to the fact that he didn't fulfil the main objective of his post, which was impartiality. That is what he will be remembered for by those who don't think he was a huge hero, just because he blatantly backed and made allowances for those who voted to remain in the EU.

I can't be bothered to list examples again, but this gives a good insight. At least you'd think Remainers would have the balls to admit it, instead of making pathetic excuses for him.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/09/j ... artiality/

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

As with the BBC argument, "biased" means "doesn't agree with me"
Parliament has been trying to do its job re Brexit, which is to get an outcome which it judges to be best for the people who elected them.
Johnson has tired to by-pass that because his arguments are so weak and would be, and are, demolished.
Bercow stood up for the process.
If you think that's bias, tough.
The election is the result for Johnson- a totally unsuitable way of resolving the issue, rather than behave like a democrat an ddeal with it.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:As with the BBC argument, "biased" means "doesn't agree with me"
Parliament has been trying to do its job re Brexit, which is to get an outcome which it judges to be best for the people who elected them.
Johnson has tired to by-pass that because his arguments are so weak and would be, and are, demolished.
Bercow stood up for the process.
If you think that's bias, tough.
The election is the result for Johnson- a totally unsuitable way of resolving the issue, rather than behave like a democrat an ddeal with it.

You are taking the exact opposite view. You think he's impartial because you agree with him, despite overwhelming evidence, just like you don't think the BBC is biased because you are as left as they are. And they fail miserably to defend their position just like you do.