New Doctor Who a 'woman'.

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
finchman

Re: New Doctor Who a 'woman'.

Post by finchman »

Never watched it,but heard in 1968 whilst in infant school that it was fucking shit.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Basualdo wrote:
caveman wrote:Man, Woman or Alien is does not matter at all.

It is still a shit TV programme. A kids TV show that adults should be embarrassed to admit they watch.

Hear fucking hear! I liked it when I was 8, but that was, well, oh twenty odd years ago.

People watch Game of Thrones now, not some made up science fantasy shite, right? :D
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Tits and bums, dearie, tits and bums. And fanny and dragons.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising science fiction or fantasy, though I prefer my science fiction in book form, just Doctor Who.

Its excreble over rated shite. Okay as terrible cheap looking kids TV filler in the 60s and 70s but terrible and dire cheap looking proper TV filler nowadays.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Touched a nerve here! :)

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

finchman wrote:I thought that black fella in the wheelchair with the dreds who presents the travel show would get the gig,he ticks most of the boxes.
I think the fact he isn't gay probably let him down.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Next James Bond now being tipped to be a woman.

That's taking it a bit too far, imo

minx

Post by minx »

Steve Hunt wrote:Next James Bond now being tipped to be a woman.

Defo, Bond is definitely a man
"to be revered" ..anon..

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

The character of James Bond was clearly defined by Ian Fleming as a white heterosexual male of Scots/Swiss heritage. So it stands to reason that the role shouldn't go to a female actor.

If the studios want to promote a female espionage franchise they should get some writers to create a totally new female character to fit in it. Look at La Femme Nikita as an example.

RyanWilliams

Post by RyanWilliams »

Big mistake. It's crap anyway, but Kris Marshall would have made a top doc.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

The Tick wrote:

The character of James Bond was clearly defined by Ian Fleming as a white heterosexual male of Scots/Swiss heritage. So it stands to reason that the role shouldn't go to a female actor.

If the studios want to promote a female espionage franchise they should get some writers to create a totally new female character to fit in it. Look at La Femme Nikita as an example.

You've surprised me here Tick, I thought you were a cheerleader for this "gender neutral" phenomenon that's apparently all the rage at the mo, I thought you would be lobbying for some type of tranny ladyboy to be the next 007 :o
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

lasharoo wrote:
The Tick wrote:

You've surprised me here Tick, I thought you were a cheerleader for this "gender neutral" phenomenon that's apparently all the rage at the mo, I thought you would be lobbying for some type of tranny ladyboy to be the next 007 :o

As ever, you miss the point.

James Bond's character is clearly defined. Dr who's isn't. That's the key difference. My argument here is not based on politics of any kind but tries to recognise things in the context of how they were created. Therefore my stances on both fictional characters differs.

Chris

Post by Chris »

I used to watch it when Pertwee and Tom Baker were the Docs. I never watch it these days, haven't watched it in years. It's a show for kids and I've no interest in it.

Had a mate at primary school who was obsessed with it. All these years on, and at the age of 48, the guy is STILL obsessed with it.
Signature

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

I've been a fan since the Tom Baker days (he's still the best with me) and have watched every episode that exists.

The new appointment brings out the cynic in me. If it was an open audition and she was the best candidate, then fair enough but I get the feeling it wasn't based on merit.

It's been awful since RTD and Davis Tennat left, even though Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi are great actors.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

When would it ever be an open audition though? Jesus if it worked that way how the fuck would Colin Baker have got the gig? :)

Presumably whoever is now taking over producing the show had their view of what type of character they wanted the new doctor to be and picked the actor they felt was best suited to portray that. My guess is it will be better than the last couple of series, but you probably need to wait and see before passing judgement.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Lou Grant wrote:When would it ever be an open audition though? Jesus if it worked that way how the fuck would Colin Baker have got the gig? :)

Presumably whoever is now taking over producing the show had their view of what type of character they wanted the new doctor to be and picked the actor they felt was best suited to portray that. My guess is it will be better than the last couple of series, but you probably need to wait and see before passing judgement.

Agree with the Colin Baker comment, he was dreadful :)

Can't escape the feeling that the new showrunner is trying to make a statement. I could be wrong.

Edit; It was an open audition when Matt Smith got the job as he originally applied to be Watson in the Moffat/Gattis 'Sherlock'.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...