Talkforum Daily Quiz - Part 2

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Talkforum Daily Quiz - Part 2

Post by Carlos J »

Five years ago and second post on nu-forum quiz chat :?
lasharoo on Sat Sep 01, 2012 at 9:52 am wrote:Unaccustomed as I am to coming second best to Liverpool fans :P three cheers for subsub, a worthy winner, was another good contest with you and Arthur Brutal again, well played.
Get ye stuck in old friend and beat him. 8)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

lasharoo wrote:Hi gang, lash here.

Been off the radar quiz wise for various reasons for quite a while now, but just recently my brain is starting to send me signals that it needs an outlet to unleash its vast reserves of useless trivia before my head erupts like a volcano, so I can officially announce that I'm toying with the idea of dipping my noggin back in the quizzing waters this coming August......this gives me a few days to get my clicking finger nice and supple and to gen up on obscure American sporting records......see you all in a few days :)

Yay.

But don't wait until August, Bruv.

Get a few practice rounds in these last few July days.....see if you can pick up on this latest anamoly we have discovered :)
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Petingo wrote:

Been off the radar quiz wise for various reasons for quite a while now, but just recently my brain is starting to send me signals that it needs an outlet to unleash its vast reserves of useless trivia before my head erupts like a volcano, so I can officially announce that I'm toying with the idea of dipping my noggin back in the quizzing waters this coming August......this gives me a few days to get my clicking finger nice and supple and to gen up on obscure American sporting records......see you all in a few days :)

Yay.

Get a few practice rounds in these last few July days.....see if you can pick up on this latest anamoly we have discovered :)

Cheers Pet, I just might do that Bruv :D

Bloody hell the answers are now all in the same position.......is it some sort of fubar by the quiz site? :o
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

lasharoo wrote:
Petingo wrote:

Yay.

Bloody hell the answers are now all in the same position.......is it some sort of fubar by the quiz site? :o

Not all the time.....but since I started noticing it this past few days it seems to be happening pretty frequently.....sometimes it changes as you go down the list and a couple will be in a different position but that position is the same for those questions so keep an eye out for the change.

(If you can see the logic in what I am saying there :) )
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Petingo wrote:
lasharoo wrote:
Petingo wrote:

Yay.

Not all the time.....but since I started noticing it this past few days it seems to be happening pretty frequently.....sometimes it changes as you go down the list and a couple will be in a different position but that position is the same for those questions so keep an eye out for the change.

I think I follow :lol: :lol: :lol:

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Good.

Happen you could explain it to me :rolleyes:

Anyway......I have just played on another Quiz I play and I knew the correct answer to the first question was the top option.....then the second was the third option and all the others were in that third position.

There was even a question giving names of ice hockey players whom I had never heard off but I just clicked the option that was running at the time, the third, and bingo.....10 for 24 on a category I am not great on (Sports....mainly Aussie and American)

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Petingo wrote:Good.

Anyway......I have just played on another Quiz I play and I knew the correct answer to the first question was the top option.....then the second was the third option and all the others were in that third position.

There was even a question giving names of ice hockey players whom I had never heard off but I just clicked the option that was running at the time, the third, and bingo.....10 for 24 on a category I am not great on (Sports....mainly Aussie and American)

So basically it just comes down to who is the fastest at clicking the answer button ten times.......kinda takes the fun out of it :| but nevertheless I shall rejoin your merry quizzing throng :)

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

lasharoo wrote:
Petingo wrote:Good.

So basically it just comes down to who is the fastest at clicking the answer button ten times.......kinda takes the fun out of it :| but nevertheless I shall rejoin your merry quizzing throng :)

Well, I suppose that is a good competition of itself.

And if everyone is aware of it then the playing field is level :)

And it ain't as easy as I am making it sound....one still needs to be getting the first one in the sequence right otherwise all the answers are wrong :lol:

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Yay, Salem... :drinkers:

The Quiz arms race is well and truly on.

August is going to see a time of over 20 seem like snail's pace if everyone grasps the new concept :)

subsub

Post by subsub »

Petingo wrote:Yay, Salem... :drinkers:

August is going to see a time of over 20 seem like snail's pace if everyone grasps the new concept :)

Thinking about it, I think they were all in the same place today, but I didn't even think to look until afterwards :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:

Thinking about it, I think they were all in the same place today, but I didn't even think to look until afterwards :mrgreen:

This has to be some sort of a recent glitch, Sub.

I am sure I would most definitely have noticed it before if it has always been the case.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Of course, the downside is, you have to get the first one right otherwise you are screwed.

I played on anothr forum earlier this morning and started off with the wrong answer and wound up with 0 for 17 :lol:

Salem

Post by Salem »

I thought there was a pattern developing over the week Pet , even though i ballsed it up on more than one occasion Today it all fell into place and i never even read the questions after the third one . Hope they sort out the fuck up soon as it kinda takes the fun out of the quiz :partyman:
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Petingo wrote:
lasharoo wrote:
Petingo wrote:

Yay.

I think I follow as well. :) Mine went 2,1,2 then 2s all the way. But fucked up anyway. Think I will not over-rely on it. And welcome back, lash.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Well done, Sub... :)