Awful racist finnish bus driver gets fired.....

In-depth debate on all topical issues
kancutlawns

Re: Awful racist finnish bus driver gets fired.....

Post by kancutlawns »

Same here paolo. Apologies for anything personal I've said to you also. My comments are really just aimed at a few other posters here, not yourself and you're pretty reasonable much of the time and a decent poster. Have a good day, pal.

paolo

Post by paolo »

kancutlawns wrote:Same here paolo. Apologies for anything personal I've said to you also. My comments are really just aimed at a few other posters here, not yourself and you're pretty reasonable much of the time and a decent poster. Have a good day, pal.

Spent five minutes looking for the 'like' button
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

ffs get a room :lol:

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Rantan Zero

Post by Rantan Zero »

kancutlawns wrote:
paolo wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:It's obvious who wags the tail here though isn't it? Oh noes, don't tell Roy he is a bigot and racist otherwise he'll troll and throw around all manner of threats. Freedom of speech only applies to him, obviously.

You are one of the most prolific insult throwers on the board, and all power to you

If someone calls, in this case Roy, a racist or other such crap, he's entitled to come back with equally offensive crap

Maybe if you, or others explain to him why you think he is racist, and give instances, you can discuss it, but all the hyperbole is just daft (from everybody, if indeed i can criticise everybody without being something -ist)

LOL at the D&D spokesman. And you backing up Roy on being a bigot. :lol: Caught any more instances on men buggering each other in public toilets thousands of miles away from where you live, paolo? Roy is what he is, a thick eared, head in the sand moron who has others dancing to his tune. Clearly throws his toys out of the pram when he's told by Pet what he is. Again, it's obvious who runs the place. What I'd add in his (and your) mitigation is that the mods haven't got a handle on the place and hope that one or two PMs will restore some calm.

The only thing worse than a bigot is someone who pretends to be one for attention and shits and giggles.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I've just logged on this morning and by all accounts SubSub has actually made a point. Can someone confirm if this is true or not?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote:ffs get a room :lol:

Happy to extend the hand of friendship here with others like paolo and your goodself Zam and find it's therapeutic. :) Seriously though, having hardened, entrenched views isn't beneficial at all. Far better accepting we make mistakes and then burying the hatchet. You two have had a truce and although I've been a little cynical, it's been effective and good for you both. Shows maturity. I myself have a big blow out from time to time and then reach a stage where I hold my hand out in reconciliation and it tends to be reciprocated. Horses for courses.

Sadly there are another few posters who on different sides of the political spectrum who display pig headed stubbornness and are totally impervious to any disparate views. This is what's killing D&D. You've made that point before. The "I don't care what anyone says" and "I'm happy to debate BUT will argue with anyone who calls me names" is irritating to say the least. Again, it comes down to weak and selective modding. What can we do?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

m4rkb wrote:I've just logged on this morning and by all accounts SubSub has actually made a point. Can someone confirm if this is true or not?

Must have missed it. Where is it so I can photograph it. :D

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

kancutlawns wrote:

Happy to extend the hand of friendship here with others like paolo and your goodself Zam and find it's therapeutic. :) Seriously though, having hardened, entrenched views isn't beneficial at all. Far better accepting we make mistakes and then burying the hatchet. You two have had a truce and although I've been a little cynical, it's been effective and good for you both. Shows maturity. I myself have a big blow out from time to time and then reach a stage where I hold my hand out in reconciliation and it tends to be reciprocated. Horses for courses.

Sadly there are another few posters who on different sides of the political spectrum who display pig headed stubbornness and are totally impervious to any disparate views. This is what's killing D&D. You've made that point before. The "I don't care what anyone says" and "I'm happy to debate BUT will argue with anyone who calls me names" is irritating to say the least. Again, it comes down to weak and selective modding. What can we do?

Yep, same here most have agreed to be reasonable even if it's false, it's still good for the forum. Just one or two who seem to want to carry on with the grudge bearing.

As for the forum, we are in limbo at the moment until mark reappears. The mods have only got certain access, and posters like Tennisman can't get on as he has problems. Only mark can sort that sort of stuff out. A few are trying to get in touch with him, but if he's not here he can't respond to the admin email address. Also new members are not being processed. So just waiting and hoping. Love is good even if it's fake.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Zambo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:I've just logged on this morning and by all accounts SubSub has actually made a point. Can someone confirm if this is true or not?

Must have missed it. Where is it so I can photograph it. :D

The hunt for Subs's point. Let the games begin :lol:

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

#greatsubbanter

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

kancutlawns wrote:

Happy to extend the hand of friendship here with others like paolo and your goodself Zam....

Eww! Dont! You don't know where they have been!

But we can probably guess.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Zambo wrote:As for the forum, we are in limbo at the moment until mark reappears. The mods have only got certain access, and posters like Tennisman can't get on as he has problems. Only mark can sort that sort of stuff out. A few are trying to get in touch with him, but if he's not here he can't respond to the admin email address. Also new members are not being processed. So just waiting and hoping. Love is good even if it's fake.

Time for a back-up forum. Talkforum2. Over to you, Horse.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Basualdo wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

Happy to extend the hand of friendship here with others like paolo and your goodself Zam....

Eww! Dont! You don't know where they have been!

But we can probably guess.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Rantan Zero wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
paolo wrote:
subsub wrote:
paolo wrote:
subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Sure, no problem.
It seems that you have an irrational hatred of Muslims - am I right?

I do not have an irrational hatred of muslims.
I would like to know why your conclusion has any relevance on a thread regarding racism.

I've answered your question. Your turn.

So you think 'muslim' is a race. :roll:
'night.

This obsession with race... baffling...

I think it might come from your veiled inferences of racism

Just a guess

Thanks for your input.
The way you lot piled on this evening was telling, by the way. Night.

I actually complimented you for coming out and saying what you feel/think....your opinion is fine, whether someone agrees or not, it's the insipid crap that is wrong....just say what you feel and people will discuss it, and if you think someone is, in your case, racist, say so, then back it up and have that discussion....the veiled insinuations that lead nowhere and just repeat are the issue, not your opinion

I think subsub was actually cowardly for attempting to wriggle out of what he implied in his first comment.
I'd really like to have a debate as to why he and others think that I (and presumably others) am racist, - it might even do them good.
It is, as you say, when they insinuate snidilly, like that petingo character, and then run away, that they are beneath contempt.
Just my opinion of course.

Shouldn't people have the freedom of thought to come to any conclusions they like about you from what you post Roy? Even if you think they're wrong.

Yes, they should be able to say whatever they want, - EXCEPT when it accuses someone of being a criminal or has criminal tendencies, - that's my take on it anyway.
If they want to call me a racist, then it is surely polite to back it up with examples and they could hopefully be debated - it's not too much to ask surely?
Subsub, for some reason, backpeddled away from confirming what he meant - I don't know why he did so, given that it seems posters get away with such accusations.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:I think subsub was actually cowardly for attempting to wriggle out of what he implied in his first comment.
I'd really like to have a debate as to why he and others think that I (and presumably others) am racist, - it might even do them good.
It is, as you say, when they insinuate snidilly, like that petingo character, and then run away, that they are beneath contempt.
Just my opinion of course.

Again, you've leapt to conclusions about what I meant or didn't mean and based your stance around that.
I told you what I meant, about your avatar and what it says about you a person, but you've yet to defend it.

I don't know if you're a racist or not, btw. However, I can glean the sort of person you are and the attitudes you hold based on what you post here – and I'm glad I don't share them.

It’s pretty clear that you can’t be persuaded to come clean as to what you really meant by your original remark about my avatar, - pity, but ok, I’ll leave it at that.
As to your change of tack, accusing me of having an irrational fear of muslims – by all means what you mean by that – it’s such a huge subject – give specifics and I’ll answer them.
What I do have, is a belief that islam has a disproportionately large number of followers (when compared with all other religions/cultures) who are in one way or another, ‘incompatible’ with our western societies, - the evidence is everywhere, to see, and the reason I post on this topic so much is that it utterly baffles me why so many people, who must see what I see, yet opt to ignore this disproportionate incompatibility – I just don’t get it.
So anyway, - please explain why you think I have a phobia of muslims if you wish, or otherwise we can agree to disagree, - just please think twice before you call someone a racist, ok?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE