Immigration, Asylum etc. Pt 3

In-depth debate on all topical issues
AlcoholBrazil

Re: Immigration, Asylum etc. Pt 3

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Any Pretence of net benefit (only gained from working migrants, many who send money home rather than spend it in our economy),
is negated as soon as they start drawing state pension. Shocker: Immigrants get old too, and require healthcare too.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Yes I agree - that infamous UCL ‘academic’ report a few years ago could only make its intended economic case in favour of immigration by completely omitting pensions from the migrant figures (amongst many other twists and turns).
But what I can’t find anywhere, is what the actual percentage of gdp per capita migrants ‘contribute versus the rest of the population.
If, for example, ‘the rest of the population’ makes a net contribution of say, £5 per annum, and a migrant contributes (UCL manipulation taken into account) £10 per annum, then I think the case for continued mass immigration is much stronger. But I do suspect that it may be the other way round, migrants may possibly make the vaunted net contribution, but if it is less than the rest of us, - even by one penny, then the case for continued open doors is blown out of the water.
Sadly as I’ve said, I just can’t find this info (perhaps unsurpringly).
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

There are no figures Roy.

Cameron took an eternity to divulge how many EU citizens are in the UK and I reckon that information was extremely dubious.

I highly doubt they have a clue how much they actually contribute.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

That’s my belief also, from much effort in trying to find out, - it does force the obvious conclusion therefore, that the pro-brexit, globalist establishment are using half-truths and lies when they make that claim (that immigrants are good for the economy) doesn’t it?

(I think the figures do exist though, - just that 'they' choose not to make them readily available for pleb consumption).
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Sorry Roy
There's a history of the government's own services, such as ONS, telling it that the future planning of government spending is very doubtful if we stop EU immigrants. Not just pressure groups, media or whatever.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman avenger wrote:Sorry Roy
There's a history of the government's own services, such as ONS, telling it that the future planning of government spending is very doubtful if we stop EU immigrants. Not just pressure groups, media or whatever.

No need to apologise hillman.
Not sure what your point is though.
E & OE

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

You know, Roy, if your surname is actually Twing, you realise you are of Polish descent?
Build Back More Betterer

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

That might explain my seemingly irrational dislike of germans...
E & OE

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

That ain't irrational.

Also, get out of my country.
Build Back More Betterer

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Eaststand wrote:That ain't irrational.

Also, get out of my country.
................unless you can fly a Spitfire, Roy .
6uild 6ack 6etter .

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Roy Twing wrote:

Simple enough.
The proposition that immigrants are net supporters of our benefits system goes back a very long time. When Osborne was CofE he was told so by the Treasury.
The basic logic is that EU immigrants tend to come here without their families, pay taxes, rarely use the NHS, are not users of the education system, and go back before they reach pension age, and given our ageing population, end up subsidising us.
Not though, a proposition made welcome in the age of Brexit.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

Simple enough.
The proposition that immigrants are net supporters of our benefits system goes back a very long time. When Osborne was CofE he was told so by the Treasury.
The basic logic is that EU immigrants tend to come here without their families, pay taxes, rarely use the NHS, are not users of the education system, and go back before they reach pension age, and given our ageing population, end up subsidising us.

That's certainly the gist of the propaganda from the establishment that I mentioned a little earlier.
I don't see how repeating it adds anything to the overall point/question I was making.
E & OE

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Roy Twing wrote:Yes I agree - that infamous UCL ‘academic’ report a few years ago could only make its intended economic case in favour of immigration by completely omitting pensions from the migrant figures (amongst many other twists and turns).
But what I can’t find anywhere, is what the actual percentage of gdp per capita migrants ‘contribute versus the rest of the population.
If, for example, ‘the rest of the population’ makes a net contribution of say, £5 per annum, and a migrant contributes (UCL manipulation taken into account) £10 per annum, then I think the case for continued mass immigration is much stronger. But I do suspect that it may be the other way round, migrants may possibly make the vaunted net contribution, but if it is less than the rest of us, - even by one penny, then the case for continued open doors is blown out of the water.
Sadly as I’ve said, I just can’t find this info (perhaps unsurpringly).

The only way is to put the working age to go up again to accommodate that "new people"
Thay get old as well.
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Hillman avenger wrote:The basic logic is that EU immigrants tend to come here without their families, pay taxes, rarely use the NHS, are not users of the education system, and go back before they reach pension age, and given our ageing population, end up subsidising us.

so EU migrants never get ill, don't send their children to school , and don't retire here.
As for the ageing population being a burden, let's forget about the tax they paid in for our past governments to squander.
6uild 6ack 6etter .

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:The basic logic is that EU immigrants tend to come here without their families, pay taxes, rarely use the NHS, are not users of the education system, and go back before they reach pension age, and given our ageing population, end up subsidising us.

so EU migrants never get ill, don't send their children to school , and don't retire here.
As for the ageing population being a burden, let's forget about the tax they paid in for our past governments to squander.

Yep - his post was just full of the establishment mantra, nothing else.
The insidious change that the establishment made to the status of pensions a few years ago, when they changed its status from an earned entitlement to a benefit, at the same time reducing the number of years' NI contributions required to receive that entitlement, and disconnecting the direct link between NI payment from pensions as well, has now enabled the pro-mass immigration brigade to use pensions as a tool against the indigenous* population.

*for want of a better word
E & OE