The all new Five Live mega thread

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Rowntree

Re: The all new Five Live mega thread

Post by Rowntree »

Listening to the Breakfast Show for the first time in a long time. Is it always this repetitive? I realise the Breakfast Show demographic tends to be people listening as they get ready for work, or on the commute, and therefore not many people hear the whole three hours, but fuck me I've heard the same teenagers talking about vaping three times now, and John McEnroe three times, and Mo Farah three times.....
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Utter dirge innit, yep BBC research tells 'em listeners only engage for about 20 minutes.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Leery Tony was in the studio on his own Mens' semi final day last Friday feeling distinctly frozen out and irrelevant as everyone else was basking in the hot sunshine. He didn't have anyone to try it on with with his simple female sidekick away too. All the women on the tennis front were in the commentary team hoping for our hero to beat the unjabbed Serb, so he probably wanted to try it on with good old Gigi Salmon but the lack of face to face lechery soon put paid to that. Fuck off Livesey.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

When 'Chappers' does the golf it's even worse than when Leery Tony does Wimbledon. If that's even possible.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Any idea why Eve Muirhead is on the commentary team for the golf? I thought she was a curler?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Can't listen to the dullard, sort of head boy that would've deserved to get a regular kicking. What time is Rory supposed to be teeing off so I can minimise my exposure?

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

carcinogen wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:56 pm Any idea why Eve Muirhead is on the commentary team for the golf? I thought she was a curler?
Scottish innit.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Come on Norway. Anyone but that sanctimonious oirish tosser.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Nicky Campbell nearly bursting into tears when recalling when he was ten years old, seeing a well known paedo abuse his friend after they played a rugby game at the age of ten. Quite grim reading. The cunt is still alive and living in retirement abroad with his wife.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:11 am Nicky Campbell nearly bursting into tears when recalling when he was ten years old, seeing a well known paedo abuse his friend after they played a rugby game at the age of ten. Quite grim reading. The cunt is still alive and living in retirement abroad with his wife.
Nicky or the Paedo? Not like Nicky to milk the living shit out of something for listening/viewing figures. Did he mention he was adopted? :roll:

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

BBC Advertising the latest contestant for Strictly Come Dancing on the news. How the FUCK is that news?

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:24 pm BBC Advertising the latest contestant for Strictly Come Dancing on the news. How the FUCK is that news?
Was it Alex Bellfield? That’d make the headlines.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:35 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:11 am Nicky Campbell nearly bursting into tears when recalling when he was ten years old, seeing a well known paedo abuse his friend after they played a rugby game at the age of ten. Quite grim reading. The cunt is still alive and living in retirement abroad with his wife.
Nicky or the Paedo? Not like Nicky to milk the living shit out of something for listening/viewing figures. Did he mention he was adopted? :roll:
Err no. I heard most of that programme and I don't recall that. He got emotional talking about his friend being abused. Who wouldn't?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:10 pm
Err no. I heard most of that programme and I don't recall that. He got emotional talking about his friend being abused. Who wouldn't?
Nicky gets emotional if a ladybird gets accidently squashed.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:41 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:10 pm
Nicky gets emotional if a ladybird gets accidently squashed.
You didn’t listen to the show and have you preconceived contempt for Campbell that likened him to a paedophile. Speaks volumes. It was quite an emotional show. Perhaps you could refrain from making pithy comments for just once.