Reg

Re: The all new Five Live mega thread

Post by Reg »

Run free, Young Art.
Roy IN!!

Thursty

Post by Thursty »

Last edited by Thursty on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the smoke gets in your eyes
run the exhaust back inside
close the window and take a ride
i've got a place to go
there's nowhere to hide

antdad

Post by antdad »

VD, Chappers and Williams? I'd use them for archery targets.

I don't mind Allen but he's a hard nosed political hack so a bit out of his depth talking to folks who aren't looking for an angle and just being nice.

On her regular watch VD has had her hours cut to two per day probably because folks were switching off and realized she's always been a calculating chancer by hanging onto Campbell's coat tales. Love or loathe him Campbell does come into his own dealing with live events because I think he actually enjoys talking to people, you get the impression that's the last thing VD would ever want to do. She's a cold, humorless, talentless bint who only got the job by fucking a fellow presenters husband who also happened to be R5 senior management.

gheko

Post by gheko »

antdad wrote:VD, Chappers I'd use them for archery targets.

On her regular watch VD has had her hours cut to two per day probably because folks were switching off and realized she's always been a calculating chancer by hanging onto Campbell's coat tales. Love or loathe him Campbell does come into his own dealing with live events because I think he actually enjoys talking to people, you get the impression that's the last thing VD would ever want to do. She's a cold, humorless, talentless bint who only got the job by fucking a fellow presenters husband who also happened to be R5 senior management.
Agree with that.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

thrusty wrote:The Daddy isn't gay after all:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/st ... story.html

I'd only ever heard him talk about his 'partner' before, which is usually a dead set giveaway.
The other side of the world? :-k

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Worse career move of the last few years must be John Rawling who gave up the 5live athletics and boxing chief commentator role for Setanta and who now does Box Nation and pops up occasionally on Fighting Talk.
There's no poem, just prose.

Jonathan

The all new Five Live mega thread

Post by Jonathan »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Worse career move of the last few years must be John Rawling who gave up the 5live athletics and boxing chief commentator role for Setanta and who now does Box Nation and pops up occasionally on Fighting Talk.
He also did 5Live boxing as well.

Boozios

Post by Boozios »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Worse career move of the last few years must be John Rawling who gave up the 5live athletics and boxing chief commentator role for Setanta and who now does Box Nation and pops up occasionally on Fighting Talk.
Ouch! he also did commentary for TS during World Cup 2010 (from the TS portakabin) - how the mighty fall.
Copulatum Expensium!

Out here... we IS stoned
Immaculate

Armoured and Effete

MGA99

Post by MGA99 »

Can't abide the bloke, always comes across as a puffed up, self important tosser on Fighting Talk, he clearly carries the air of somebody who believes he's funnier and talented than he actually is.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Unbelievably crass, boorish and rude interview of some foreign athletes by Colin Murray. The bloke is worse than Goldstein at times. Embarrassing. Unfortunately they were too polite to tell him to do one.
Roy IN!!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

MGA99 wrote:
Can't abide the bloke, always comes across as a puffed up, self important tosser on Fighting Talk, he clearly carries the air of somebody who believes he's funnier and talented than he actually is.
But as a boxing and athletics commentator he is sublime. My 5Live listening bar sport is at an all time low, just Rhod on UAN and the World Football Phone in now.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

I'm thinking, yeah ,that this Darren Campbell, yeah , commentating on the athletics, yeah, comes across, yeah, as a bit of an obnoxious cunt, yeah.
There's no poem, just prose.

wentokradio

Post by wentokradio »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:I'm thinking, yeah ,that this Darren Campbell, yeah , commentating on the athletics, yeah, comes across, yeah, as a bit of an obnoxious cunt, yeah.
All the credentials then, for a golden handcuffs deal with talkSPORT
"I was upstairs feeding the animal... "

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

wentokradio wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:I'm thinking, yeah ,that this Darren Campbell, yeah , commentating on the athletics, yeah, comes across, yeah, as a bit of an obnoxious cunt, yeah.
All the credentials then, for a golden handcuffs deal with talkSPORT
Only five yeahs in a sentence? Fuck off , too articulate for TS.

Anyway Brazil won't stand for another one of 'them there darkies' getting a gig.
They already have a black Darren, Marigold of the Mirror & its bad enough that he's a semi regular guest.
Another one on full time? "Ah tell ya , Chicken, ah'm afeared tae walk doon to ra car park these days."
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Carlos J wrote:
MGA99 wrote:
But as a boxing and athletics commentator he is sublime. My 5Live listening bar sport is at an all time low, just Rhod on UAN and the World Football Phone in now.
Generous Carlos, I didn't mourn his parting because technically I think Costello is far superior commentator.