Hello again

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: Hello again

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:Have you missed me?

Been in Australia. Out of the UK for 5 weeks gives you a chance to see and hear others' views on the world.

I talked to maybe a dozen Australians during that time, interested in their perceptions.

To a man/woman they are mystified as to why we are leaving the EU. It is perceived as an act of self-harm. As to Australia becoming a big trading partner , as Farage and co projected, this nation of 20m people 12,000 miles away has no interest in that and sees its future as a trading partner in South East Asia.

Went to see the Great Barrier Reef. No doubt at all that it is under threat and that MAN MADE global warming is the main reason.

Like most sensible people they are also appalled at the mixture of stupidity, arrogance and incompetence in the White House and the risk it poses to world peace.

It was reassuringly familiar though, on return, to see the characteristic early posts on the Las Vegas shootings, fantasising about it being to do with global plots, false flags, and all the rest of it when it is was patently another reminder, if one was needed, of the deranged interpretation of the Second Amendment allowing a seriously sick person to cause chaos.

And then today, my favourite politician, Chris Grayling, telling us how we will provide the 40% of food we currently source in the EU, from our own resources. Thus portraying utter ignorance of the subject, the state of British farming threatened by the end of CAP, and of course the simple climatic limitations which prevent us growing much of what we import. Give it a few decades though, and perhaps we will be able to...

Welcome back Hillman !

I was quite worried that something might have happened to you and I prayed that you were okay several times . I'm so glad that you're alright !
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Kowalski wrote:Did you ask the Australians why they hadn't set up a Freedom of Movement agreement with Indonesia and the Philippines.

No
Perhaps because they have not created a common market with those countries. Freedom of movement is a feature of an open market not an end in itself.
Thanks to all for the welcome.
Oh and by the way always thought champagne was over-rated.

Why haven't they set up a common market with them and how do they prosper without one, It's very odd.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

I recently spoke with thirteen Aussies, and they all believe we did the right thing in attempting to regain our sovereignty and trying to take back control of our borders.
Go figure.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Roy Twing wrote:I recently spoke with thirteen Aussies, and they all believe we did the right thing in attempting to regain our sovereignty and trying to take back control of our borders.
Go figure.

Good shout Roy, I would wager if the Aussies were polled about our decision to leave the EU then the majority would say it was fair dinkum.
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Hillman needed a break from small-minded racists so went to Australia.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Welcome back dude.

Sounds like you had a good time :) few mates been to land of Oz. They loved it. Said cities were full of arseholes like most cities but rural lands and smaller coastal towns were was it was really at. Worked as farm hands etc.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

lasharoo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:I recently spoke with thirteen Aussies, and they all believe we did the right thing in attempting to regain our sovereignty and trying to take back control of our borders.
Go figure.

Good shout Roy, I would wager if the Aussies were polled about our decision to leave the EU then the majority would say it was fair dinkum.

Indeed - trolls and morons are all well and good as appetisers, but it's much more satisfying engaging with obvious liars.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I hesitate to start on you till you've enjoyed the big bowl of scouse you've had boiling away since before you left and a good sleep, but did you miss these people. Must say it somewhat rebuts your impression that Australians are against Brexit " to a man".
Is it possible that they couldn't understand your accent and they assumed you were talking about football or something ?

'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

But what about the beastly way the Antipodeans treat the immigrants arriving by boats . The so unfair points system .
Why are they not just waving them in with translated instructions on how to get benefits and housing as soon as they arrive.
Ask the Aussies of they would like to spend billions in membership fees for the privilege of trading with China and Japan.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

paolo

Post by paolo »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:But what about the beastly way the Antipodeans treat the immigrants arriving by boats . The so unfair points system .
Why are they not just waving them in with translated instructions on how to get benefits and housing as soon as they arrive.
Ask the Aussies of they would like to spend billions in membership fees for the privilege of trading with China and Japan.

these questions are so unfair

evil, racist close minded aussies

wanting to look after oz and their people

shameful
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

subsub

Post by subsub »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:Hillman needed a break from small-minded racists so went to Australia.

:lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

Hillman avenger

Re: Private Threads

Post by Hillman avenger »

Sydney
Lithgow
Port McQuarrie
Maclean
Burleigh Heads
Cairns
Port Douglas
Airlie Beach
Brisbane
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:Sydney
Lithgow
Port McQuarrie
Maclean
Burleigh Heads
Cairns
Port Douglas
Airlie Beach
Brisbane

Great stuff. Did you do the Kuranda train/cable car when up in Cairns? A lot to do out there, and it's so big, it's difficult to get it done in 4 or 5 weeks. Hope to go back one day, it's on the bucket list.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Yes
Did that.
Cairns area a bit sweaty.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Kowalski wrote:Did you ask the Australians why they hadn't set up a Freedom of Movement agreement with Indonesia and the Philippines.

No
Perhaps because they have not created a common market with those countries. Freedom of movement is a feature of an open market not an end in itself.
By the way the minimum wage in Australia is $17/hr, so at least 50% more than ours.
Thanks to all for the welcome.
Oh and by the way always thought champagne was over-rated.

What goods $17 an hour when beer is $14 a pint?

Welcome back
Brilliantly Honest