The stupid generation

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roy Twing

The stupid generation

Post by Roy Twing »

Just caught a snippet of some celebrity game show on tv - some bimbo with inflated lips (and no doubt other parts) apparently didn't know that a mass of loose snow falling down a mountain is called an avalanche (in a multi-choice format).
What hope is there if this is a role model for upcoming citizens.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

kancutlawns

Re: The stupid generation

Post by kancutlawns »

Was she black, Roy?

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Roy Twing wrote:Just caught a snippet of some celebrity game show on tv - some bimbo with inflated lips (and no doubt other parts) apparently didn't know that a mass of loose snow falling down a mountain is called an avalanche (in a multi-choice format).

Surely you weren't watching Tipping Point.
A programme that's only put on to make the majority of the watching population feel like geniuses. Well compared to the competitors on it.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

tipping point is a very high brow show.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I don’t watch the Only Way Is Essex, CBB or Desperate Housewives as I know the vacuous shit they contain so don’t complain bitterly that they appear when I turn on the TV. Don’t really know Roy’s point about the plastic tits of the presenter unless he was having a sly one.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Roy Twing wrote:Just caught a snippet of some celebrity game show on tv - some bimbo with inflated lips (and no doubt other parts) apparently didn't know that a mass of loose snow falling down a mountain is called an avalanche (in a multi-choice format).

To be fair I don't think people watch TV game shows in search of a role model.

Cooking competitions, now that's a different story.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Tick wrote:

To be fair I don't think people watch TV game shows in search of a role model.

Cooking competitions, now that's a different story.

In pretty much the same way that people cling onto the notion that footballers and the likes of One Direction are role models. Why wouldn’t the younger generation use say their parents or a mentor as role models?

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

harry styles is a good role model for kids. fuck all the fittest birds in the world and fuck them off because theyre annoying garbage.

Id be proud of my son if he did that.
Build Back More Betterer

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

VeritasVincit wrote:

A programme that's only put on to make the majority of the watching population feel like geniuses. Well compared to the competitors on it.

Was that what it was?
Anyway, - there has always been ultra lowbrow stuff on the telly to satiate the masses, but even so...
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Its not because its low brow I get every question right, its because I is smart, innit blud.
Build Back More Betterer

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Roy Twing wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:

Was that what it was?
Anyway, - there has always been ultra lowbrow stuff on the telly to satiate the masses, but even so...

No, you're quite right Roy - they are dumbed down . Either they've dropped the standard or I've become a genius because I can now answer pretty much every question on University Challenge and Mastermind - and sadly I don't think I've become a genius.
I rather like Pointless ,simply because the hosts actually speak English Coherently,which is increasingly rare, but the sample answers are very revealing about how ill educated the public are now.
Personally I miss Michael Miles and Hughie Green .There was "Take Your Pick", but I can't remember what the other one was now.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Okay - "double your money " !!!

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

L

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:Just caught a snippet of some celebrity game show on tv - some bimbo with inflated lips (and no doubt other parts) apparently didn't know that a mass of loose snow falling down a mountain is called an avalanche(in a multi-choice format).

Voted for Brexit. Guaranteed.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Royal24s wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:

Was that what it was?

No, you're quite right Roy - they are dumbed down . Either they've dropped the standard or I've become a genius because I can now answer pretty much every question on University Challenge and Mastermind - and sadly I don't think I've become a genius.
I rather like Pointless ,simply because the hosts actually speak English Coherently,which is increasingly rare, but the sample answers are very revealing about how ill educated the public are now.
Personally I miss Michael Miles and Hughie Green .There was "Take Your Pick", but I can't remember what the other one was now.

You’re too modest.