Where you going for your summer hols?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Where you going for your summer hols?

Post by Basualdo »

The End wrote:The World Cup!
I remember you commenting that it was a pretty low key run up for the World Cup so far. Is the public still apathetic or are you seeing more enthusiasm?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

The End

Post by The End »

Basualdo wrote:
I remember you commenting that it was a pretty low key run up for the World Cup so far. Is the public still apathetic or are you seeing more enthusiasm?

Two months to go and you genuinely wouldn't have a clue outside of Moscow (they have had some OK-looking city square dedicated to it for a while). Absolutely nothing in the way of signage, advertisements, liveried metros or buses here in Russia's second-biggest city. The Panini album doesn't even come out til Saturday.

It's very underwhelming so far. In fact, its entirely underwhelming.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The End wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

Two months to go and you genuinely wouldn't have a clue outside of Moscow (they have had some OK-looking city square dedicated to it for a while). Absolutely nothing in the way of signage, advertisements, liveried metros or buses here in Russia's second-biggest city. The Panini album doesn't even come out til Saturday.

It's very underwhelming so far. In fact, its entirely underwhelming.
Well the Russians are not known for their wild optimism and excitement. Maybe it would be a bigger deal if their team wasn't shitter than Wigan.
Proud Gammon

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:Nowhere.

Again.

You and me both. :(
Roy IN!!

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Maude wrote:I'll be going back to Yorkshire for two weeks.

Cannot wait.

Serious question, Maude.

I get that you love Yorkshire & fair play to you. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But do you not want to expand your horizons and visit other areas, both in the UK and round the world?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Maude wrote:I'll be going back to Yorkshire for two weeks.

Cannot wait.

Serious question, Maude.

I get that you love Yorkshire & fair play to you. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But do you not want to expand your horizons and visit other areas, both in the UK and round the world?

I fear that you won't be getting an immediate reply, Steve which is a shame because I'd like to know the answer too. :(

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

My summer hols are Christmas in the Northern hemisphere. Looking forward to another festive season in Dublin and Birmingham with a stop off in Singapore on the way back. Can’t beat a traditional Christmas spent with family and friends. Chuck a few 2 dollar boomerangs in the luggage so I don’t get caught up in the shitstorm of all that’s wrong with Christmas :lol:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

My brother in law's relocated to Sydney for a new job, Ed. Getting pressure from others though curiously not my wife to go and visit them. Been looking at the price of first class tickets there. Emirates charges about £3,700 one way which obviously is pricey but that's more reasonable than Singapore, Etihad, BA and Malaysian. Don't think I can entertain a trip there this year for one thing or another but one for the bucket list next year or the one after if he and his wife are there long enough

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Australia is worth a trip Lawns but Sydney can be done in a long weekend and to quote ‘Hade, ain’t all that. I’d recommend if you plan a ‘bucket list’ to include an additional week to explore the northern and southern surrounds of Sydney all within a couple of hours drive. Hunter Valley, Central Coast to the North and Kangaroo Valley, Jarvis Bay/ Murrays beach to the south. Stick a week in the Daintree/ Cairns/ Port Douglas/ Barrier reef on the end and you and the family will be set. Don’t bother with Ayers Rock, Perth, Gold Coast or Brisbane. Hire a car and bingo. Hope you’re well pal and keep your pecker up. Real forum meet up if you make it this way, pal.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Oh and, try American Airlines if you want to go first class. I did it via Tokyo last year and it was cheap enough not to hurt.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Cheers mate. Things are better now, dealt with the probate with the solicitor yesterday which went quite well. Pretty busy at work, travelling around and totally shagged out when I get back in the evening, so little time for anything else during the week.

Would love to go to Australia but possibly another long distance trip planned elsewhere later this year.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Stay strong and keep on taking care of the family mate. I lost my father early doors so have a loose understanding of your situ. Well wishes :wink:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Thank you so much, Ed.

Desolation

Post by Desolation »

Off to Miami and Fort Lauderdale end of August. Hoping to see a Miami Marlins game and maybe a bit of fishing if finances allow.
Proud Gammon and imperious Little Englander!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Desolation wrote:Off to Miami and Fort Lauderdale end of August. Hoping to see a Miami Marlins game and maybe a bit of fishing if finances allow.
So you're gonna catch some marlins one way or another then?
Proud Gammon