Dispatches from the World Cup

carcinogen

Re: Dispatches from the World Cup

Post by carcinogen »

The End wrote:(Thanks to Steve Hunt for the suggestion)

In this thread, I will provide photos and observations from Russia as World Cup Fever* takes a firm hold of everyone.

Good to have you back mate!
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I've said to old End, that eventually this what will be an excellent thread and all World Cup threads will be moved to the WC18 section: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=41 when WC fever starts as per 2014 having a World Cup section and he is a good egg about this.

End, I saw this last year and just remembered it. From March 2017 about the World Cup coming to Russia and the trouble aspect.

People seemed to talk good sense and agreed plod, FSB and other Feds will take no shit from any side. Which is good.

As an aside I occasionally read the 'England Fans Forum' to see what is posted there. Seems tickets for England fans are last time looked were available for most of the games. Kalingrad v Belgium is obviously most popular, then v Panama in Novgorod and obviously last, v Tunisia in way down south Volgograd.

More may be hanging on before decidng to go. I hope Mother Russia does herself proud, cunts from all countries are sorted and err football is the winner.

Err. Parry now talking about a fictional young English chap in Russia for the WC meeting a young Russian whose dad was shot up the jacksy or something in Syria. Stupid cunt: :roll:

Thoughts on the video:

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The End

Post by The End »

Carlos, can I not just have a thread without your, err, err stuff?

I've agreed to you changing where it is on the forum, but polluting it with vids is not the intention.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

The End wrote:
Saints11 wrote:I'm waiting for my tickets for Belgium v Panama to arrive, could I have a guest writers role in all of this?

Of course. Which city is that?

I'll be the man on the ground in Sochi
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

The End

Post by The End »

Saints11 wrote:
The End wrote:
Saints11 wrote:I'm waiting for my tickets for Belgium v Panama to arrive, could I have a guest writers role in all of this?

Of course. Which city is that?

I'll be the man on the ground in Sochi

Seaside Russia.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

The End

Post by The End »

The End wrote:Carlos, can I not just have a thread without your, err, err stuff?

I've agreed to you changing where it is on the forum, but polluting it with vids is not the intention.

Sorry Carlos, had a shiter of a day yesterday.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Endo , hope you are practising your best Russian accent to blend in. I can see many England fans cancelling their
trips to the East today. And Qatar doesn't look good either.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

The End

Post by The End »

Three hour walk around Saint Petersburg today. Had to take my hoodie off - it got warm for the first time since September.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The End wrote:Three hour walk around Saint Petersburg today.

Looks lovely. Reminds me of the Arno in Florence.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The End

Post by The End »

A few more from Saint Petersburg yesterday. For anyone visiting the World Cup or anytime in general, I am so privileged to live here and you'll have a fantastic experience.

Trinity Cathedral - only the third most beautiful cathedral in the city. Maybe fourth.
https://preview.ibb.co/cOd31n/IMG_20180414_155031_462.jpg[/img]

Monolith built entirely from Turkish cannons.

English Street!!

Some explorer.

Dunno but its pretty.

Another fancy church, and a Lada.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

The End wrote:A few more from Saint Petersburg yesterday. For anyone visiting the World Cup or anytime in general, I am so privileged to live here and you'll have a fantastic experience.

English Street!!

That takes me back to when I was a teenager at school at PE. It was a warm day and we were playing Rounders or Cricket or something and a few of us had taken our tops off. I was standing there holding my hands on the back of my head and my mate shouted to me "hide those hairy armpits". :lol:

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Here's Wiki about "some explorer" ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Joha ... rusenstern

"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

The End

Post by The End »

JimmyDee wrote:Here's Wiki about "some explorer" ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Joha ... rusenstern

Yeah, the missus did explain but, y'kna...

The End

Post by The End »

The missus has insisted I say he was the first Russian to go around the world.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

From Wiki:
"Another legacy is that the Cook Islands in the South Pacific bear that name thanks to von Krusenstern. Previously known as the Hervey (or Harvey) Islands (or Group), he changed their name in 1835 to honour Captain Cook."
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99