I think it was a joke, to be fair.
Build Back More Betterer

Roy Twing

Re: T.V advertising

Post by Roy Twing »

warmleatherette wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:And more attempted tarring - you 'virtue signallers' or whatever the trendy london bubble phrase of the moment is, are truly despicable.

Bullshit. He's just calling you out for the intolerant twat that you are.

And another one comes along to offer support.
No attempt to debate, - just the strawman/ad hominem.
Pathetic.

I’ll “debate” with you Roy, now we finished skirting around what it is you’re actually unhappy about, let’s start with an easy one, how many people do you think are affected by the blatant attempt to woo the public into entering relationships with people with different colored skin or from another culture therefore diluting the master race by stealth?

What sort of percentage do you think have been infected?

Go..

What is it that you think we've finished 'skirting around' exactly?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:My day is often spent dealing with more people from ethnic backgrounds than people from my own. Many are some of my best friends

:lol:
Which makes it all the more baffling why the overriding theme of what you post in this forum is one of bigotry and intolerance.
You wouldn't have the balls to say half of what you spout on here to people in the street.

The irony.
One of the most bigoted and intolerant posters calling another poster bigoted and intolerant.
:wink:
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote: The question really should be why do you (apparently) perceive misrepresentation of british society into an 'idealised' version as acceptable, given the well known power of manipulation by broadcast media.

Here's one you may like Roy, assuming red hair is OK :D

I have absolutely no idea what that clip is meant to show/prove zambo.
Anyway, for what it's worth, - my little experiment the other night, when I watched the ads between 5&6 pm (I actually didn't switch on til 10past) resulted in:
25 ads shown; 10 ads showing groups/couples; 9 ads showing mixed ethnicities.
Not sure why you needed that, as I said at the outset, - it was instantly provable, but there you go.
E & OE

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:The irony.
One of the most bigoted and intolerant posters calling another poster bigoted and intolerant

Except that I'm not the one who spends my days trawling the internet for articles/videos that "prove" there some agenda to promote mixed-race relationships, or that Muslims are taking over the UK etc

You and m4rk are like a stuck record, posting the same shite day in, day out.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Roy Twing wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote: The question really should be why do you (apparently) perceive misrepresentation of british society into an 'idealised' version as acceptable, given the well known power of manipulation by broadcast media.

Anyway, for what it's worth, - my little experiment the other night, when I watched the ads between 5&6 pm (I actually didn't switch on til 10past) resulted in:
Not sure why you needed that, as I said at the outset, - it was instantly provable, but there you go.

It was a light hearted dig, and your apparent obsession with who appears in tv ads. I wondered if you thought it OK for a black woman to turn into a white one. We could pretend maybe, that black or brown people don't actually exist at all.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

We need more whites with fair hair and strawberry cream complexions on telly.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

ccreds wrote:We need more whites with fair hair and strawberry cream complexions on telly.

Now that I can agree with, as long as we are talking about fanny. :P
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Roy Twing wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:And more attempted tarring - you 'virtue signallers' or whatever the trendy london bubble phrase of the moment is, are truly despicable.

Bullshit. He's just calling you out for the intolerant twat that you are.

And another one comes along to offer support.
No attempt to debate, - just the strawman/ad hominem.
Pathetic.

I’ll “debate” with you Roy, now we finished skirting around what it is you’re actually unhappy about, let’s start with an easy one, how many people do you think are affected by the blatant attempt to woo the public into entering relationships with people with different colored skin or from another culture therefore diluting the master race by stealth?

What sort of percentage do you think have been infected?

Go..

What is it that you think we've finished 'skirting around' exactly?

You being bothered by about the amount of “non white” people in adverts, or have I somehow misread what you’re trying to put across?
Brilliantly Honest

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:My day is often spent dealing with more people from ethnic backgrounds than people from my own. Many are some of my best friends

:lol:
Which makes it all the more baffling why the overriding theme of what you post in this forum is one of bigotry and intolerance.
You wouldn't have the balls to say half of what you spout on here to people in the street.

The irony.
One of the most bigoted and intolerant posters calling another poster bigoted and intolerant.
:wink:

:lol: The ironometer’s running quite high there Roy. Why are so irationally fixated on your perceived sense of disproportionality? Spit it out.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Rossco wrote:Didn't say you weren't awake...you just did.

And ones enough for me lol. Congrats on your 3 dude.

I get I can go into deep....maybe out there stuff to daily grind 9-5.....but hey this has been my journey that was meant to be.

I would guess we both could agree on many things....disagree on many others.

Tell me....do you believe the world is getting very strange of late....and at a faster rate?

I've got more kids than both of you put together , and some of them are probably older than you - just one sign of my awesome virility of course, but that's by the way really . I think we're probably spinning closer and closer to Armageddon though RossCo, but we can't know when and since it's written we can't do anything about it , as I'm quite certain you know .
It's a frustrating and thankless task to warn people of the peril they place themselves in unfortunately !

I have ask the point if as you say it’s written and you can’t do anything about it, why bother and make yourself look like a nutter?

That's actually a really important question with a really important answer - I hope I can do it justice.
I might not like it but I suppose I can understand that people don't want to be associated with unpopular or contraversial stuff which might make them seem anti social or even ,as you put it, like a "nutter". This is even more so for people who rely upon popularity or public opinion for their living .
As you get older this fear diminishes as you become more secure and you've had more personal experience of just how surprisingly far people will go to tell a lie and prove it. Once you know for a fact and from your own personal experience that the state will tell massive lies in pursuance of secret agendas and tinker with education , media and scientific data as well as falsifying public records and judicial outcomes you gradually realise that absolutely anything you've been brought up to believe, but which relies upon human input, can be a total illusion. The number of people who believe something is not a test of truth, but how well it has been spread. The real test is whether it stands up to comparison with other information which you know to be correct .

Anyway, you'd be very surprised if you were to apply such tests to Christanity ( the actual religion, not the edited and misrepresented version spread by politicians and the media , and not the smear campaigns against individuals connected with it). You'd find that it doesn't lie and that every single thing it teaches turns out to be correct , often against your expectation.
Now, one thing which it teaches is that we must be truthful and speak up for the truth, whatever the consequences and that's probably the answer to your question.

I'm probably lucky in my personal circumstances that I haven't really got to give a fuck what anyone thinks of me, so perhaps I can afford to buck the system more than many people can.
However, I've found that the more you try to speak plainly and honestly and reject wickedness ,( including wickedness in disguise ), the more you will prosper in every way.

Man cannot actually exist fully without God, and if he tries to do that because he's listened to a tissue of lies from another source, he will soon get himself in an awful muddle as we can see in society today.
It is socially unpopular today to openly acknowledge many truths and facts which are denied or forbidden - to say that the Emporer has no clothes if you like - but in a world of truth we cannot remain silent just because we might "look like a nutter".
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Read Gore Vidal. Or the other American cunt whose name escapes me right know in my haze of cheap Polish lager. That'll sort you out.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Zambo wrote:

It was a light hearted dig, and your apparent obsession with who appears in tv ads. I wondered if you thought it OK for a black woman to turn into a white one. We could pretend maybe, that black or brown people don't actually exist at all.

The ' :D ' gave me a clue about the light-heartedness to be honest. :wink:
If I understood the ad correctly, it is actually a good example of the exception that proves the rule, in that different ethnicities obviously make common sense in the ad.
It is just that in most cases, there seems to be an agenda to make it appear that every single group or couple is now mixed race that I was trying to highlight, - not for any racist reasons (although the anti-racist bigots on here will be sticking their fingers in the ears at this point of course) but because we should all be aware (and wary) of being brainwashed, - or manipulated if you prefer.
I thought warm leather's comment regarding advertisers going after as many markets as possible was a reasonable one, but it doesn't cover why many tv shows have similar 'disproportionalities', nor does it cover why every ad doesn't have a shot, tall, fat, thin, blond, redhead (etc etc) in them, if it was about the above mentioned 'reason'.

Anyway, - that's my take on it - it won't change the mindsets of the usual racist shouters, but that's their problem.
E & OE

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Anti-racist bigots. :lol: :lol: :lol: FFS.

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Royal24s wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Rossco wrote:Didn't say you weren't awake...you just did.

And ones enough for me lol. Congrats on your 3 dude.

I get I can go into deep....maybe out there stuff to daily grind 9-5.....but hey this has been my journey that was meant to be.

I would guess we both could agree on many things....disagree on many others.

Tell me....do you believe the world is getting very strange of late....and at a faster rate?

I've got more kids than both of you put together , and some of them are probably older than you - just one sign of my awesome virility of course, but that's by the way really . I think we're probably spinning closer and closer to Armageddon though RossCo, but we can't know when and since it's written we can't do anything about it , as I'm quite certain you know .
It's a frustrating and thankless task to warn people of the peril they place themselves in unfortunately !

I have ask the point if as you say it’s written and you can’t do anything about it, why bother and make yourself look like a nutter?

That's actually a really important question with a really important answer - I hope I can do it justice.
I might not like it but I suppose I can understand that people don't want to be associated with unpopular or contraversial stuff which might make them seem anti social or even ,as you put it, like a "nutter". This is even more so for people who rely upon popularity or public opinion for their living .
As you get older this fear diminishes as you become more secure and you've had more personal experience of just how surprisingly far people will go to tell a lie and prove it. Once you know for a fact and from your own personal experience that the state will tell massive lies in pursuance of secret agendas and tinker with education , media and scientific data as well as falsifying public records and judicial outcomes you gradually realise that absolutely anything you've been brought up to believe, but which relies upon human input, can be a total illusion. The number of people who believe something is not a test of truth, but how well it has been spread. The real test is whether it stands up to comparison with other information which you know to be correct .

Anyway, you'd be very surprised if you were to apply such tests to Christanity ( the actual religion, not the edited and misrepresented version spread by politicians and the media , and not the smear campaigns against individuals connected with it). You'd find that it doesn't lie and that every single thing it teaches turns out to be correct , often against your expectation.
Now, one thing which it teaches is that we must be truthful and speak up for the truth, whatever the consequences and that's probably the answer to your question.

I'm probably lucky in my personal circumstances that I haven't really got to give a fuck what anyone thinks of me, so perhaps I can afford to buck the system more than many people can.
However, I've found that the more you try to speak plainly and honestly and reject wickedness ,( including wickedness in disguise ), the more you will prosper in every way.

Man cannot actually exist fully without God, and if he tries to do that because he's listened to a tissue of lies from another source, he will soon get himself in an awful muddle as we can see in society today.
It is socially unpopular today to openly acknowledge many truths and facts which are denied or forbidden - to say that the Emporer has no clothes if you like - but in a world of truth we cannot remain silent just because we might "look like a nutter".

I’m going to have to rephrase the question aren't I?

”I think we're probably spinning closer and closer to Armageddon though RossCo, but we can't know when and since it's written we can't do anything about it”

There’s some context ( I know you know that but just couldn’t resist another word salad)

Now.. oh you know the question so I won’t type it again.

Also doesn’t it become frustrating that 1000’s if not millions of people have probabaly said what you’re saying before over the last 2000 years yet here we still are?
Brilliantly Honest