In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: T.V advertising

Post by Royal24s »

warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Rossco wrote:Didn't say you weren't awake...you just did.

And ones enough for me lol. Congrats on your 3 dude.

I get I can go into deep....maybe out there stuff to daily grind 9-5.....but hey this has been my journey that was meant to be.

I would guess we both could agree on many things....disagree on many others.

Tell me....do you believe the world is getting very strange of late....and at a faster rate?

I've got more kids than both of you put together , and some of them are probably older than you - just one sign of my awesome virility of course, but that's by the way really . I think we're probably spinning closer and closer to Armageddon though RossCo, but we can't know when and since it's written we can't do anything about it , as I'm quite certain you know .
It's a frustrating and thankless task to warn people of the peril they place themselves in unfortunately !

I have ask the point if as you say it’s written and you can’t do anything about it, why bother and make yourself look like a nutter?

That's actually a really important question with a really important answer - I hope I can do it justice.
I might not like it but I suppose I can understand that people don't want to be associated with unpopular or contraversial stuff which might make them seem anti social or even ,as you put it, like a "nutter". This is even more so for people who rely upon popularity or public opinion for their living .
As you get older this fear diminishes as you become more secure and you've had more personal experience of just how surprisingly far people will go to tell a lie and prove it. Once you know for a fact and from your own personal experience that the state will tell massive lies in pursuance of secret agendas and tinker with education , media and scientific data as well as falsifying public records and judicial outcomes you gradually realise that absolutely anything you've been brought up to believe, but which relies upon human input, can be a total illusion. The number of people who believe something is not a test of truth, but how well it has been spread. The real test is whether it stands up to comparison with other information which you know to be correct .

Anyway, you'd be very surprised if you were to apply such tests to Christanity ( the actual religion, not the edited and misrepresented version spread by politicians and the media , and not the smear campaigns against individuals connected with it). You'd find that it doesn't lie and that every single thing it teaches turns out to be correct , often against your expectation.
Now, one thing which it teaches is that we must be truthful and speak up for the truth, whatever the consequences and that's probably the answer to your question.

I'm probably lucky in my personal circumstances that I haven't really got to give a fuck what anyone thinks of me, so perhaps I can afford to buck the system more than many people can.
However, I've found that the more you try to speak plainly and honestly and reject wickedness ,( including wickedness in disguise ), the more you will prosper in every way.

Man cannot actually exist fully without God, and if he tries to do that because he's listened to a tissue of lies from another source, he will soon get himself in an awful muddle as we can see in society today.
It is socially unpopular today to openly acknowledge many truths and facts which are denied or forbidden - to say that the Emporer has no clothes if you like - but in a world of truth we cannot remain silent just because we might "look like a nutter".

I’m going to have to rephrase the question aren't I?

”I think we're probably spinning closer and closer to Armageddon though RossCo, but we can't know when and since it's written we can't do anything about it”

There’s some context ( I know you know that but just couldn’t resist another word salad)

Now.. oh you know the question so I won’t type it again.

Also doesn’t it become frustrating that 1000’s if not millions of people have probabaly said what you’re saying before over the last 2000 years yet here we still are?

I'm all for reusing a good catchphrase, ( and it IS a good one - I've stolen and used it elsewhere,) but I think you're overdoing the 'word salad" thing now.
My original statement was a direct answer to a direct question from RossCo and I thought my answer to yours was clear. It's a big subject to be covered in three words or something and you could easily write a very long book about it so I don't think it was too long really .

Anyway, I think I said something earlier about a large number of people believing something not being a reliable test of truth, ( might have been in another thread). Well similarly , a large number of people saying something doesn't discount it either.

Actually though, these millions were guessing WHEN, rather than IF prophesy would be fulfilled, so it doesn't really apply. In fact I think I made that point in my original comment to RossCo on the subject and actually the prophesy specifically says that no one human will know the time before it happens .

Thus these millions were not at odds with it at all, and for my part I'm hardly frustrated by the failure of Armageddon to occur yet because it's a pretty fearful event and I doubt whether anyone will enjoy it very much will they ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I mentioned earlier the fake version of Christianity brought to you by the media and other nasty sources, and despite what they might suggest, Christians aren't actually rubbing their hands together and anticipating the apocalypse with relish.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

This is the sort of advertising that’s genuinely sinister. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... SApp_Other

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

It is certainly sinister (very apt for the left wing) the way the sour grapers use every half-truth and hearsay to continue to try to bash brexit, that's for sure.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Ralph wrote:This is the sort of advertising that’s genuinely sinister. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... SApp_Other

My car Insurance is through Eldon. I had no idea I'd have been a remainer if Direct Line had given a lower quote.

FFS, this barrel has had it's bottom scraped so much it's sprung a leak.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:It is certainly sinister (very apt for the left wing) the way the sour grapers use every half-truth and hearsay to continue to try to bash brexit, that's for sure.

Sorry to distract attention away from the pressing issue of the number of mixed race couples in TV adverts.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

warmleatherette wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:And more attempted tarring - you 'virtue signallers' or whatever the trendy london bubble phrase of the moment is, are truly despicable.

Bullshit. He's just calling you out for the intolerant twat that you are.

And another one comes along to offer support.
No attempt to debate, - just the strawman/ad hominem.
Pathetic.

I’ll “debate” with you Roy, now we finished skirting around what it is you’re actually unhappy about, let’s start with an easy one, how many people do you think are affected by the blatant attempt to woo the public into entering relationships with people with different colored skin or from another culture therefore diluting the master race by stealth?

What sort of percentage do you think have been infected?

Go..

What is it that you think we've finished 'skirting around' exactly?

You being bothered by about the amount of “non white” people in adverts, or have I somehow misread what you’re trying to put across?

No you haven’t misread anything. They’re upset there’s too many non-whites on their TVs. That’s it. They should have the balls to admit it.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:It is certainly sinister (very apt for the left wing) the way the sour grapers use every half-truth and hearsay to continue to try to bash brexit, that's for sure.

Sorry to distract attention away from the pressing issue of the number of mixed race couples in TV adverts.

Sounds like someone's woken up on the wrong side this morning.

(edit: was it the right side?)
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:
Ralph wrote:This is the sort of advertising that’s genuinely sinister. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... SApp_Other

My car Insurance is through Eldon. I had no idea I'd have been a remainer if Direct Line had given a lower quote.

It seems that ralph only scraped the barrel in a weak attempt to get away from the unavoidable truth of social engineering on tv.
E & OE

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Roy Twing wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

It seems that ralph only scraped the barrel in a weak attempt to get away from the unavoidable truth of social engineering on tv.

Yeah, those bastards “engineering” us into thinking people of different races are actually ok..
Brilliantly Honest

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

kancutlawns wrote:Anti-racist bigots. :lol: :lol: :lol: FFS.

Of course. The people who don’t count the number of ethnic minorities in adverts & don’t get upset at the sight of mixed race couples are the real bigots. Makes sense if you don’t think about it.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

This was a post about the credulity of the public to tv ads.

If someone had focussed in on some particular aspect of ads which annoyed them it would have been a digression but not unexpected.

What's happened here though is a few fanatics going nuts about what they not only THINK someone else thinks but are going to fucking well INSIST on that and punish them for it.

We all have personal ideas and opinions about what is and isn't acceptable in our thoughts and private lives which are much stricter and specific to the individual than the laws which are common to everyone. ( I try not to blaspheme for example , and I find loud music irritating in my personal space).
However, when someone starts believing that these personal benchmarks and beliefs should be applied to and enforced on everyone, that actually is a big part of the definition of insanity, and you can't argue with someone who is suffering from delusions like that.

warmleatherette

Royal24s wrote:This was a post about the credulity of the public to tv ads.

If someone had focussed in on some particular aspect of ads which annoyed them it would have been a digression but not unexpected.

What's happened here though is a few fanatics going nuts about what they not only THINK someone else thinks but are going to fucking well INSIST on that and punish them for it.

We all have personal ideas and opinions about what is and isn't acceptable in our thoughts and private lives which are much stricter and specific to the individual than the laws which are common to everyone. ( I try not to blaspheme for example , and I find loud music irritating in my personal space).
However, when someone starts believing that these personal benchmarks and beliefs should be applied to and enforced on everyone, that actually is a big part of the definition of insanity, and you can't argue with someone who is suffering from delusions like that.

People can think what they like and are free to express it, that’s what’s happening, there’s no enforcing of anything, if it’s making you feel uncomfortable maybe you should access why?
Brilliantly Honest

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

warmleatherette wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

Yeah, those bastards “engineering” us into thinking people of different races are actually ok..

There you go again, - putting your own prejudices in the mouths of others.
E & OE

warmleatherette

Roy Twing wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

There you go again, - putting your own prejudices in the mouths of others.

You’re not helping yourself here Roy...
Brilliantly Honest