T.V advertising

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roy Twing

Re: T.V advertising

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:The advertising industry exists to sell us stuff (we don’t need). That’s it. Anyone seeing some other agenda is drifting into the realms of paranoia.

...and the reason why tv shows mirror that false demographic is?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:The advertising industry exists to sell us stuff (we don’t need). That’s it. Anyone seeing some other agenda is drifting into the realms of paranoia.

This is your conspiracy theory. You tell us.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Ignoring the fact that there may well be additional agendas at work, don't you find the methodology at all worrying?

I’m concerned about the ability of incredibly wealthy zealots to spend as much as they like on social media influencing elections under a cloak of secrecy. That needs to be reigned in ASAP.

I’m not worried about too many pretend mixed race families in insurance & yoghurt adverts during episodes of Coronation Street. I’m baffled why anyone would be.

So basically propoganda is okay if it's promoting something you agree with but very bad if it's about something you disagree with.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Roy Twing wrote:

I'll upset everyone by giving you an accurate answer shall I ?
They think certain groups are very stupid and thus much more amenable to persuasion and manipulation in all ways. They'll buy crap and play internet bingo if someone on tv tells them to, and they'll accept any ridiculous cover story or distraction from reality which enables governments to take advantage of them.
As we've seen here recently , even if one of them should notice something wrong and they form an opinion of their own , they'll assume that it's probably wrong so they'll just plod along compliantly.

They' were not so much pursuing a policy of ethnic cleansing as the initial object , but at this point they've decided that they'd be able to control a less intelligent and more dependant population much more easily so they've picked that one up and they're going with it.

As I said earlier in another thread, I'm afraid it's too late to do much about it now. Who knows what might happen in a few generations, but for the foreseeable future all you can do is limit your aspirations to your own sphere of control and hope you can stay clear of whatever ultimate apocalyptic fate they bring upon themselves.

Don't know whether you've ever watched "the walking dead " on tv, but it's a bit like that really Roy. No point in trying to save them or tell them the truth because they'll just get angry and go for you.

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Ignoring the fact that there may well be additional agendas at work, don't you find the methodology at all worrying?

I’m concerned about the ability of incredibly wealthy zealots to spend as much as they like on social media influencing elections under a cloak of secrecy. That needs to be reigned in ASAP.

I’m not worried about too many pretend mixed race families in insurance & yoghurt adverts during episodes of Coronation Street. I’m baffled why anyone would be.

So basically propoganda is okay if it's promoting something you agree with but very bad if it's about something you disagree with.

Propaganda of what, promoting interracial relationships?
Brilliantly Honest

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Which actually seems to answer my question to Ralph very honestly.
Propoganda is a very dishonest and undesirable practice. It's a weapon of war really and can be resorted to in that circumstance.
It really doesn't matter what anyone might intend or to achieve from its use , it's simply not a method which can or should be applied to civilians in peacetime for any reason

warmleatherette

Royal24s wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Propoganda is a very dishonest and undesirable practice. It's a weapon of war really and can be resorted to in that circumstance.
It really doesn't matter what anyone might intend or to achieve from its use , it's simply not a method which can or should be applied to civilians in peacetime for any reason

Answer the question don’t give me word salad.
Brilliantly Honest

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:I wouldn't bat an eyelid if a mixed race couple passed me in the street

:---)

A perfect example of the progressive left only having an argument if they continue to tar everyone else with the racism brush.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:
subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:I wouldn't bat an eyelid if a mixed race couple passed me in the street

A perfect example of the progressive left only having an argument if they continue to tar everyone else with the racism brush.

Indeed, they are a despicable bunch, but their tar trick is working less and less effectively these days.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Seemed to me to be pretty well answered.
The establishment believes that we would all be better off if we shared their view of a utopian future for the developed world, and they are making damned sure the message is being rammed down our throats from whatever source is available to them.
And as royal alluded to, - it doesn't matter if the message is an altruistic one, it is still social engineering.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Royal24s wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

I'll upset everyone by giving you an accurate answer shall I ?
They think certain groups are very stupid and thus much more amenable to persuasion and manipulation in all ways. They'll buy crap and play internet bingo if someone on tv tells them to, and they'll accept any ridiculous cover story or distraction from reality which enables governments to take advantage of them.
As we've seen here recently , even if one of them should notice something wrong and they form an opinion of their own , they'll assume that it's probably wrong so they'll just plod along compliantly.

They' were not so much pursuing a policy of ethnic cleansing as the initial object , but at this point they've decided that they'd be able to control a less intelligent and more dependant population much more easily so they've picked that one up and they're going with it.

As I said earlier in another thread, I'm afraid it's too late to do much about it now. Who knows what might happen in a few generations, but for the foreseeable future all you can do is limit your aspirations to your own sphere of control and hope you can stay clear of whatever ultimate apocalyptic fate they bring upon themselves.

Don't know whether you've ever watched "the walking dead " on tv, but it's a bit like that really Roy. No point in trying to save them or tell them the truth because they'll just get angry and go for you.

I've not seen the walking dead I must admit, but I get the gist.
I also agree that it's far too late to do anything but watch how it all plays out, and hope we and ours escape the worst of it.
Sounds terrible, but I really hope the instigators and even the naysayers live to experience the future that is unravelling.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Roy Twing wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
subsub wrote:

Indeed, they are a despicable bunch, but their tar trick is working less and less effectively these days.

My day is often spent dealing with more people from ethnic backgrounds than people from my own. Many are some of my best friends so it really pisses me off when this frivolous argument is constantly put forward. It just shows how brainless they are and why these discussions go around in circles as often as they do.

They have no debate so they feel the only way to win a discussion is through name calling and blanket accusations of prejudice.

The divide between left and right thinking is almost the same as the academic divide between science and the arts. For instance the arguments relating to provision of resources per head of population are pure science while the arts advocates can't understand why everyone can't all have them. :rolleyes:

warmleatherette

Roy Twing wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Seemed to me to be pretty well answered.
The establishment believes that we would all be better off if we shared their view of a utopian future for the developed world, and they are making damned sure the message is being rammed down our throats from whatever source is available to them.
And as royal alluded to, - it doesn't matter if the message is an altruistic one, it is still social engineering.

More word salad, it’s a shame you haven’t got them balls to say what you mean, it’s pretty obvious to anyone with a half a brain...
Brilliantly Honest

subsub

Post by subsub »

warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Nailed it.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

m4rkb wrote:My day is often spent dealing with more people from ethnic backgrounds than people from my own. Many are some of my best friends

:lol:
Which makes it all the more baffling why the overriding theme of what you post in this forum is one of bigotry and intolerance.
You wouldn't have the balls to say half of what you spout on here to people in the street.
WOKE AND PROUD