Alfie Evans

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Alfie Evans

Post by Basualdo »

Ralph wrote:
Basualdo wrote:Then what exactly are they objecting to? Taking him to another medical facilty?

I agree it will probably not do a whit of good, but if they are willing to let him go home but not to another clinic or hospital then it tends to point towards professional umbrage. Not good.

If there’s a non quack clinic offering something different/better then fine. Flying him to Italy to get palliative care is just fucking bonkers, sorry.

I agree, it probably is. But if they want to do it and the hospital doesn't have to meet the cost, then let them. The kid is dead.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Basualdo wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Basualdo wrote:Then what exactly are they objecting to? Taking him to another medical facilty?

I agree it will probably not do a whit of good, but if they are willing to let him go home but not to another clinic or hospital then it tends to point towards professional umbrage. Not good.

If there’s a non quack clinic offering something different/better then fine. Flying him to Italy to get palliative care is just fucking bonkers, sorry.

I agree, it probably is. But if they want to do it and the hospital doesn't have to meet the cost, then let them. The kid is dead.

He’s terminally ill with a degenerative brain disorder. It can’t be in his best interests to spend his last days being transported around to placate American political activists who want to make a point the evils of ‘socialized medicine’ regardless of the facts of this case.

If a doctor/clinic had something to offer Alfie Evans that the NHS couldn’t, or there was some genuine doubt about his condition that would be entirely different.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Dead. RIP little chap: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43933056

One hopes the parents can grieve without others getting involved.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Carlos J wrote:Dead. RIP little chap: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43933056

:(

RIP
Dieu Le Roi.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Carlos J wrote:Dead. RIP little chap: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43933056

Agreed.

The parents were just desperate to help their terminally ill son. Totally understandable. It’s the politically motivated bandwagon jumpers who’ve behaved unforgivably.

Very sad.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

The US political activists who got involved, seeking to defame our healthcare system, should realise...

If Alfie had been in the US, and spent 18 months in hospital, using state-of-the-art technology to try to diagnose and treat him, his parents would have been bankrupt a long time ago.

I very much hope they can grieve and conduct his funeral in peace and with dignity without the mob deciding to get involved.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

The poor child is in the hands of God now.

I intended to take up the previous poster's point about the supremacy of the NHS death panels, but it's too horrible.

If nothing else, perhaps just a few people will now wake up to the true nature of Statism. Those who do not have slept through the alarm clock.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Surely there is a room at the Schumacher's?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Royal24s wrote:The poor child is in the hands of God now.

I intended to take up the previous poster's point about the supremacy of the NHS death panels, but it's too horrible.

If nothing else, perhaps just a few people will now wake up to the true nature of Statism. Those who do not have slept through the alarm clock.

Genuinely dont think this is a good example of that.
Build Back More Betterer

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Eaststand wrote:
Royal24s wrote:The poor child is in the hands of God now.

Genuinely dont think this is a good example of that.

Agreed ! RIP little man :(
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Theres a lot wrong with the NHS But at least you can go to your doctors / Hospital and say I've got this! could you have a look ? Without being bankrupted If you are poor to lower middle income
I doubt you could get a better deal anywhere in the world
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Quite. Our country is fucking shite, but the NHS is fucking amazing and admired around the world.
Build Back More Betterer

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Eaststand wrote:... the NHS is fucking amazing and admired around the world.

I don't see too many countries trying to copy it.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

m4 colin wrote:Theres a lot wrong with the NHS But at least you can go to your doctors / Hospital and say I've got this! could you have a look ? Without being bankrupted If you are poor to lower middle income
I doubt you could get a better deal anywhere in the world

Absolutely right. Healthcare should be based on need not ability to pay. The American healthcare system is an inefficient, profit motivated, nightmare. It’s a system designed to make profits for shareholders of insurance companies. Any attempt to change to a fairer, more efficient system is fought tooth & nail by the insurance industry who have massive influence.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I know Italy is an economic basket case but when I was living there a mate from America came over and fucked himself up riding his bike (broken shoulder, etc. etc.). The Italian healthcare system patched him up and sent him on his merry way. No questions asked. He couldn't fucking get over it. To this day he is still befuddled by the whole affair. If the same thing had happened to him in the US he'd be looking at a 25k bill if he didn't have adequent insurance. The point of this story? If you're fucked-up and need help, fly to Italy! haha.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.