Sainsbury's and ASDA merge

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

Sainsbury's and ASDA merge

Post by carcinogen »

SASDA? Sainsda?

What the fuck? It'll be interesting (well, for sad fucks in The Shitty) to see what the market says. The fact it's all been 'revealed' at the weekend tells me a lot. Given that I'm quite a big fish when it comes to investment on the FTSE. :mrgreen:
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Royal24s

Re: Sainsbury's and ASDA merge

Post by Royal24s »

carcinogen wrote:SASDA? Sainsda?

What the fuck? It'll be interesting (well, for sad fucks in The Shitty) to see what the market says. The fact it's all been 'revealed' at the weekend tells me a lot. Given that I'm quite a big fish when it comes to investment on the FTSE. :mrgreen:

Is this true ?
I take the trouble to go to Sainsburys even though it's further than Asda or Tesco and probably more expensive to avoid the riff raff and get a bit of polite service.
There'll be all sorts in there if they merge and they'll stop selling dolmandes and Canadian asparagus !
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

ASSainburys
Build Back More Betterer

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

Massive savings passed onto us as consumers?

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

pugsly wrote:Massive INCREASE IN PRICES passed onto us as consumers?

Fixed it for ya, mate.
Build Back More Betterer

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Well if it's low prices you want

'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

Eaststand wrote:
pugsly wrote:Massive INCREASE IN PRICES passed onto us as consumers?

Fixed it for ya, mate.

Aye your probably right as well. :(

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Isn't Vince Cable calling for an investigation before the merger which could make it bigger then Tescos? I myself agree with a previous poster, I have to go out town to Sainsburys since I rather like them compared to Tescos and such.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

The major supermarkets are struggling against Aldi and Lidl which have a smaller range of products but excellent quality.
Man U and rangers

birdie

Post by birdie »

LordLaret wrote:Isn't Vince Cable calling for an investigation before the merger which could make it bigger then Tescos? I myself agree with a previous poster, I have to go out town to Sainsburys since I rather like them compared to Tescos and such.

It rather depends on how mobile you are and what transport you have access to, I have never learned to drive and even if I had I'm not allowed to for health reasons, so I use the local supermarket and I confess I'm one of those mindless people who trundle the trolley home , if I only need few things I use my mobility scooter (great for saving money, you can't get a lot into that little basket :lol: ) I'm using the Tesco Local more often, yes, I know it's more expensive but if I only need a couple of things it isn't worth going farther and often the price is the same as the rival supermarket.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

theleader82 wrote:The major supermarkets are struggling against Aldi and Lidl which have a smaller range of products but excellent quality.

Yep. And the resurgence in people shopping locally. Likewise re: Co Op. Abysmal.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

birdie

Post by birdie »

theleader82 wrote:The major supermarkets are struggling against Aldi and Lidl which have a smaller range of products but excellent quality.

That's OK if you have one within easy walking distance, I can't walk very far and don't drive and I can't carry heavy bags so have to rely on the local big name supermarket, I have seen people trying to board a full bus with a 'bag-on-wheels' having obviously been to the Lidl, they disembark at the same stop as I do, and I'm thinking that it must be worth the effort for the travelling and struggling, but I know that I couldn't do it so I'm left with the local big name and the Tesco Local.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

birdie wrote:
LordLaret wrote:Isn't Vince Cable calling for an investigation before the merger which could make it bigger then Tescos? I myself agree with a previous poster, I have to go out town to Sainsburys since I rather like them compared to Tescos and such.

It rather depends on how mobile you are and what transport you have access to, I have never learned to drive and even if I had I'm not allowed to for health reasons, so I use the local supermarket and I confess I'm one of those mindless people who trundle the trolley home , if I only need few things I use my mobility scooter (great for saving money, you can't get a lot into that little basket :lol: ) I'm using the Tesco Local more often, yes, I know it's more expensive but if I only need a couple of things it isn't worth going farther and often the price is the same as the rival supermarket.

I'm actually starting lessons this week. I also didn't mean any disrespect, I just put Sainsburys higher then most of my local town shops, even Waitrose.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I have found that round here both the local big Tescos as nearly as dear as the local Sainsburys, if not the same.

Asda is a marked difference cheaper than those and Lidl even more so.

Lidl is not that well stocked for a full onetime weeks shopping.
Its good for some stuff though or if you just want a few things that they have. I once almost bought a whole frozen octopus there just to say I could. Not a small one either. But sanity prevailed. Also theres any amount of kielbasa available. No chili sauce though, which is a black mark from me at least..

Sainsburys is the nearest of them all to me so thats handy for the odd thing if you're short of it in the house, but a full shop would clean you out.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Lidl and aldi are fucking brilliant. Don't mind sainsburys, morris ons is good. Rest of them, bag o shite.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer