Sainsbury's and ASDA merge

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: Sainsbury's and ASDA merge

Post by Royal24s »

Eaststand wrote:Itll never be at the stage when everyone is unemployed though, so its not really a relevant point. Streamlining a business is good. It enables it to be more efficient, make more money, and in this case, lower the prices to the consumer, which theyve now guaranteed. Business is business, you dont owe anyone a living, youre their to make money, and as much money as you possibly can, its not a game or a charity. The only aim is to make more money. If laying people off, merging distribution streams together, being able to offer lower prices as a result to the consumer, which will lead to an upsurge in turnover, how can that be bad?

As I said, it's not bad in itself. You're quite right that companies are there to make money , not provide jobs, although there's a legitimate function of government to try to encourage employment where possible without interfering in anyone's private businesses.
The government should be encouraging companies and individuals to make money because that will make the whole economy thrive and create more jobs, which is the right way round.
My point though, was that the government constantly pokes it's nose into free trade within the home market for various political motives and because the government couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery they fuck it up and increasingly make economic health impossible , yet they have at the same time undertaken responsibility for all sorts of stupid things as well as paying benefits to the unemployed and because they based their expenses in this upon a healthy economy before the welfare state was introduced they are gradually running out of the means to pay these benefits because they are actively destroying private enterprise and,with it, jobs.

By the way , it's not unimaginable at this rate that employment could become a real rarity in this country. If there's no money to pay salaries, there will be no jobs or future investment.

Actually the only way for them to continue to spend like this as employment tax falls is to vastly increase purchase taxes, duties on goods and services and various forms of vat. They haven't worked that out yet because they're so fucking stupid , but they'll get there very soon and you'll be paying £30 a gallon for petrol before the end.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Supermarkets have struggled as they haven’t catered for our increasingly ethnically diverse cities. There are millions of Somalis and Nigerians in the uk but they prefer to shop in their own ethnic produce shops, the same for Indians and Bangladeshis. When they do offer ethnic products they are very limited
Man U and rangers

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Theres not millions of somalis and nigerians mate.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

What?! Very limited in what way? That they're not animal shaped pasta, taste of horseradish or what? Leado, why have you selected these four specific nationalities? I really don't get what you're trying to say. Have you actually spoken to any Somalis, Nigerians, Indians and Bangladeshis about food retailing in this country? How many Nigerians and Somalis are the actually here?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Around 300,000 Nigerians and 150,000 Somalis. 149,999 is you count Sir Mohamed Muktar Jama "Mo" Farah, CBE as being British.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

jack shit then.
Build Back More Betterer

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

If you believe those figures you’re deluded
Man U and rangers

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

theleader82 wrote:If you believe those figures you’re deluded

No, thats you believing your figures.
Build Back More Betterer

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:If only it had been pound stretcher then we could have had ASSTRETCHER

Haha! Brilliant.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

L

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

"Ebola crisis: why is there bush meat in the UK?
The Ebola virus was probably spread by illegal bush meat - and there’s plenty smuggled into the UK"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health ... he-UK.html

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Do tuck in and enjoy the street food in Notting Hill won't you, but always remember the government guidelines you see on the BBC all the time about how bad Coca Cola and roast potatoes are and avoid them.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Oh Noes! People from different parts of the world eat different foods!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Disgusting animals. Why don't they just have a roast dinner.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Eaststand wrote:Disgusting animals. Why don't they just have a roast dinner.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Well I'm sure the poor bastards are forced to eat that stuff by poverty, but I'd still rather they didn't bring it here with them.
Bit old fashioned I know , but some might think it'd be better to help them develop agriculture, hygiene and all the other stuff than pretend they've all got marvellous superior cultures to our own.
I think it's the ultimate moral cowardice to let millions starve in Africa rather than intervene because the liberal elite are so determined to prove that they're just as capable as anyone else of running their own countries. I also think we might intervene in that before we start trying to run Syria or Crimea, but that's a whole different discussion.
I just wanted to demonstrate that whoever pointed out that lots of these groups eat their own strange foods wasn't entirely wrong.