Amber Rudd Resigns

In-depth debate on all topical issues
m4rkb

Re: Amber Rudd Resigns

Post by m4rkb »

Bloke from the Sun on the radio a moment ago reckons we are running out of candidates for these top jobs. I make him dead right on that.
The only ones most competent enough know what poisoned chalices they are and steer well clear.

This is what we get when no one entering politics has any vision beyond their own career.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Whoever the Home Secretary is they are on a sticky wicket, whichever party they come from, I seem to remember that one former HS referred to the Home Office as being 'A Poisoned Chalice'.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

They really ARE a bunch of pencil necked fucking nonentities aren't they ?

These are the kind of people Hillman constantly insists should be chosen over a man like Donald Trump, because they are "Professionals".

Don't we deserve someone better than these pointless pirouetting little fucking stick insects to represent the people ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

birdie wrote:Whoever the Home Secretary is they are on a sticky wicket, whichever party they come from, I seem to remember that one former HS referred to the Home Office as being 'A Poisoned Chalice'.

Not for Theresa May. She’s gone on to become Prime Minister & is letting Amber Rudd take the flak for the Windrush shambles.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Royal24s wrote:They really ARE a bunch of pencil necked fucking nonentities aren't they ?

These are the kind of people Hillman constantly insists should be chosen over a man like Donald Trump, because they are "Professionals".

Don't we deserve someone better than these pointless pirouetting little fucking stick insects to represent the people ?

The people voted for each one of them, on whichever side, including Jeremy Corbyn and his bike, to be their representative, so blame the people.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Well yeah , but what were the other choices on offer ?

The political parties, which should be banned for this reason, have established a monopoly on democracy and a cosy little unspoken arrangement between themselves that they'll restrict the menu of ideas to perpetuate their stranglehold on government .

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Royal24s wrote:Well yeah , but what were the other choices on offer ?

The political parties, which should be banned for this reason, have established a monopoly on democracyand a cosy little unspoken arrangement between themselves that they'll restrict the menu of ideas to perpetuate their stranglehold on government .

Why don’t you stand as an independent Royals? Nothing stopping you.

birdie

Post by birdie »

The political parties, which should be banned for this reason, have established a monopoly on democracy and a cosy little unspoken arrangement between themselves that they'll restrict the menu of ideas to perpetuate their stranglehold on government .

Most people vote Tory, Labour, or Liberal,they don't, on the whole, look at the qualities of the candidate, they vote for the party, otherwise how the feck has Diane Abbott been an MP for 30 yers? or Corbyn, and how the hell have some of those who represent the SNP got in? As for the old Welsh windbag Kinnock, well, less said and all that, as for Kenneth Clark, he should have gone years ago, and what is the mindset of people voting for old dodderers like Kaufmann, Winnick and Skinner, all should have retired 20 or more years ago, yes, I know that a couple of them have croaked, but you get the point, as for that raddled old queen Heath, well, you get my drift.

So, how would you suggest a Government would be formed and who would lead it?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Ralph wrote:

The political parties, which should be banned for this reason, have established a monopoly on democracyand a cosy little unspoken arrangement between themselves that they'll restrict the menu of ideas to perpetuate their stranglehold on government .

Why don’t you stand as an independent Royals? Nothing stopping you.

Well I'm too old now and no longer sufficiently motivated, but mainly because as I said above, no one can penetrate the two banker backed political parties who pretend to disagree but actually work together on the important things to them - ie. Keeping the people under the control of the very rich and nullifying any such independent candidates from achieving anything by sheer weight of numbers .
No one can compete with them in terms of the money they spend, which buys organisation, advertising and the media. They're not elected because anyone likes them or their policies but because they make sure no one else can play.
If people woke up and stopped voting for one because of scare stories about the other and because they feel they'd better choose the lesser of two evils all the time , they'd be in trouble , but unfortunately most people are just too plain fucking stupid to see through their bullshit.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Amber Rudd was once married to AA Gill, believe it or not.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Zippy wrote:Amber Rudd was once married to AA Gill, believe it or not.

And AA Gill's mother was 'ze sexxee French lady' that Basil Fawlty had a boner for in that episode of Fawlty Towers.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Zambo wrote:And here she is. No woman is suitable, so a member of the ethnic minority will do. Another quota fulfilled.

Ray Wilkins. :shock:
Dieu Le Roi.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

birdie wrote:

Most people vote Tory, Labour, or Liberal,they don't, on the whole, look at the qualities of the candidate, they vote for the party, otherwise how the feck has Diane Abbott been an MP for 30 yers? or Corbyn, and how the hell have some of those who represent the SNP got in? As for the old Welsh windbag Kinnock, well, less said and all that, as for Kenneth Clark, he should have gone years ago, and what is the mindset of people voting for old dodderers like Kaufmann, Winnick and Skinner, all should have retired 20 or more years ago, yes, I know that a couple of them have croaked, but you get the point, as for that raddled old queen Heath, well, you get my drift.

So, how would you suggest a Government would be formed and who would lead it?

Personally I'd declare a Republic with a written constitution and proper separation of the executive , legislative and judiciary. Thus you'd have a President, and to answer your specific question that's who'd lead it. Very similar to the USA but they've also fallen prey to party domination to some extent so we'd have to prevent that in the constitution .

Working with the present Parliamentry system, I'd simply legislate that no candidate could be sponsored by or beholden to any political party or other uncontrolled power bloc.
When Members were returned to the House on their own merits and declared policies they would meet and elect a Prime Minister , who would appoint a cabinet, but would have absolutely no power to whip or otherwise compel Members how to vote on any particular issue.
Members would represent their constituents , not a party, and legislation , policies etc could be raised by any Member and debated in the normal way them voted upon.
There's not actually any huge practical problem in doing that, and it's to no ones disadvantage except those who hijack democracy by taking advantage of our political system to perpetuate the power of what are effectively two corporate entities at the expense of proper representation of the people.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Basualdo wrote:

And AA Gill's mother was 'ze sexxee French lady' that Basil Fawlty had a boner for in that episode of Fawlty Towers.

Ah vill sleep au naturele tonight alzough not much fun on ma ern.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Basualdo wrote:

Here her is. 86 now

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On