Beginning Driving Lessons

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Beginning Driving Lessons

Post by Carlos J »

Keep up the work and confidence, LL. Bit of a pain having to stop lessons, but what you learned will come back.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Update:

Today (Monday 30th July), I finally found out why my instructor kept cancelling my lessons, even the one I booked in August for the 6th. Apparently he "relocated" but RED never bothered updating my journal which I book my lessons with and since he was the only Automatic Tutor in the Northamptonshire area, Red haven't managed to get anyone to replace him yet. Realising this, I've decided to change tact and go the manual route and got a new instructor and lesson on the 6th with them. Going to give it a go and see how I do, since last time my brother thinks I don't have the ability to multitask or such but maybe someone independent with no family ties will be better.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

manuals nowhere as hard as you think, its piss easy, once youve fucked about for an hour, youve sussed it.
Build Back More Betterer

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Eaststand wrote:manuals nowhere as hard as you think, its piss easy, once youve fucked about for an hour, youve sussed it.

I suppose it's my brother who kind of put the downer on it for me by saying I couldn't multitask or such. But since this isn't my brother, it maybe easier.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

If you are concerned about 'multi-tasking', try what I did before I as able to drive.
I sat in my dad's car and acted as if I was on a journey, operating the gears and pedals. It got me used to them and probably helped when I was old enough to drive properly.

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Update:

Had my manual lesson on Monday. Instructor didn't seem impressed we used a disused carpark to do the lesson and kept on wanting to go out on the main road. Kept on saying that they couldn't evaluate me in a carpark and that I should be using the main roads. Plus also kept hammering how her other students were doing and how many she had and had plans for them and such. (Which is fair enough but I'm not like the rest of her students) Then she said I shouldn't bother booking another lesson til I had my theory and we finished the lesson and she just dropped me off at home and that was it. So not really sure how to proceed. May book the theory in mid September and then go back to automatic with someone else.
Last edited by LordLaret on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Find another instructor, book a block of lessons and some doubles if possible, sounds like you may benefit from a longer lesson. There must be some decent independent instructors out there with great reputations that can help you and are all over social media, have a look.

https://www.gov.uk/find-driving-schools-and-lessons

Looks like they have a theory practice and revision on that site.