The Championship 2018/19/20

Anything sportlike
kancutlawns

Re: The Championship 2018/19

Post by kancutlawns »

m4rkb wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:Value for money at Villa . A mad 5-5 draw with Forest. Pinball football at its best.

I thought John Terry's job was to sort the defence. but yeah, what a fucking game that was

16 goals in our last 2 matches with Boro to come. Ten nil will do me

Defence has gone to shit. Six attempts on goal by Forest, five went in. That’s Bruce’s fault but we’re a swaggering, enthralling going forward. Great to watch.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Cracking win for Leeds earlier. We never do well at Sheffield United either.

Some real character about this team.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Looks like with Leeds and Norwich winning game after game, they’re going to be so hard to keep up catch up with. If we had held the lead against ten man Forest in Wednesday’s incredible match, we would have had five wins in five in a tough run.

Smashing the goals in and no one can live with our front six. Truly prolific. The Baggies next up on Friday night. Can’t wait.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Showed Pulis one paced ,all the same midfielders up for what they are .........Major problems at Boro because sides see we are not very good at football & as mobile as a dead dog
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

JW90

Post by JW90 »

You part of this group, Carlos? Old video I know. Inverdale sounds so patronising- "You'll know all this if you are a real fan".

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Disappointing 1-1 draw with Brentford last night, two points dropped for sure. We peppered their goal throughout but were only able to make it count once and ultimately paid the price in injury-time when they levelled out of the blue. Frustrating, but nonetheless we created chances and continue to play well which keeps me in good cheer for this Friday's clash with local rivals Aston Villa. Big one, looking forward to it.

The FA Cup draw was made yesterday and Albion drew the toughest tie possible, home to Wigan Athletic. If we are to win the cup this season looks like we are going to have to do it the hard way. :P
Dieu Le Roi.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Norwich will piss this division. Honestly, how good do I fucking feel. Norwich are top of the leage and Ipswich with an ex-Norwich manager are going to get relegated. It doesn't get any better than that.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

carcinogen wrote:Norwich will piss this division. Honestly, how good do I fucking feel. Norwich are top of the leage and Ipswich with an ex-Norwich manager are going to get relegated. It doesn't get any better than that.

The wheels may fall off for you six finger yokels and we’ll shit on you as we’re red hot going forward.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

JW90 wrote:

You part of this group, Carlos? Old video I know. Inverdale sounds so patronising- "You'll know all this if you are a real fan".

Only just seen this, JW. Great dated video though and ha at Invers, "So does that make football a substitute for sex?"

I am on the mailing list for MSS though never paid any coin and never got tickets through them, do all that myself. And they have a football team. Mostly, they post where they're watching games on telly, the Dog and Truck in Aldgate and info about southern games from what I see on a non paying side. Though they've never asked for coin.

Was very interested in that they have a pool competition, but dates were not good to travel to that London so maybe next year. 8)

As not on twatter and FB probably miss half the stuff they do, this is nice:
Remember walking through Bishops Park before the Fulham game in 2015 which ended 4-3 to Fulham and ruined Boro's play off chances and heard this massive noise. It was the MSS boat coming down the river. My photo here long gone, post here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18914&p=802511#p802511
Carlos J wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Down that London town and off to Cottage. :P
:-k
Ha. Beer first then toilets, bit of Dutch courage needed. :drinkers: Quite magnificent a boat coming from under the bridge hired by Middlesbrough Supporters South full of noise. Photos later.

But this of them at another game from their FB and a comment about that game:

Andrew Moody: Couple of seasons back, before the dramatic 4:3 defeat, you could hear the boat from Hammersmith bridge! UTB!
And the bloke who mentioned Wilf Mannion. As per, his biography is a great read about times when the clubs had all the power:

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Albion 2 Villa 2.

Terrific encounter at The Hawthorns. Villa took a fortunate lead early doors with a double deflected goal, but Albion responded well and deserved the equaliser that came about following a superb breakaway by Harvey Barnes who crossed for Dwight Gayle to finish in style, 1-1 at half-time.

Albion started the second half brightly but were shocked when Villa scored against the run of play to take the lead a second time. For ten minutes or so Villa were in the ascendency and in fairness should have killed the game off. But they didn't and Albion gradually asserted themselves on their opponents culminating in a dramatic injury-time equaliser by Jay Rodriguez who showed great determination and magnificently headed the ball over the line while sprawled on the ground to earn a share of the spoils.

2-2, fair result.
Dieu Le Roi.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Two Crows wrote:Albion 2 Villa 2.

Terrific encounter at The Hawthorns. Villa took a fortunate lead early doors with a double deflected goal, but Albion responded well and deserved the equaliser that came about following a superb breakaway by Harvey Barnes who crossed for Dwight Gayle to finish in style, 1-1 at half-time.

Albion started the second half brightly but were shocked when Villa scored against the run of play to take the lead a second time. For ten minutes or so Villa were in the ascendency and in fairness should have killed the game off. But they didn't and Albion gradually asserted themselves on their opponents culminating in a dramatic injury-time equaliser by Jay Rodriguez who showed great determination and magnificently headed the ball over the line while sprawled on the ground to earn a share of the spoils.

2-2, fair result.

:lol:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The reason this was missed by the ref was because of his woeful positioning. He would have seen it from a wider position. The assistant however, was in an ideal position and should have spotted it. A clear deliberate knock in by his hand.

Will VAR sort this shit out? I doubt it, because those viewing on video are as incompetent as those on the park.

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Rodriguez is a cheating cunt and the officials were bent. What’s the purpose of VAR if a blatant handball can it be detected, Zummers?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Two Crows wrote:Albion 2 Villa 2.

2-2, fair result.

We were all over you and were robbed by incompetent officials and a cheating fucker. How you can say it was a fair result is beyond me. Were we watching the same match? Abraham was pretty off colour and we ripped you apart down the middle with our pace. Bolasie was well on form. We should have smashed you and in another day we would have. I like Harvey Barnes, he’s class. Felt we dropped two points, desperately disappointed.

The brass neck of Rodriguez talking unashamedly about his goal after the match. Cheating bastard but because he’s not Henry or Maradona, no one will give a shit.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

kancutlawns wrote:Rodriguez is a cheating cunt and the officials were bent. What’s the purpose of VAR if a blatant handball can it be detected, Zummers?
Coming in next season, but they will have shed loads of 'teething' problems. It's all about opinion, whether you are in the middle or sat behind a TV screen.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On