Comedians who appear on the BBC

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
m4rkb

Re: Comedians who appear on the BBC

Post by m4rkb »

I'll give one of the shows a look and come back.
Only reporting a review in the paper.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

He is funny. Hes chilled out a bit, but they all do with age, dont they. Money and a nice life does that.

Hes actually the only reason I ever visit the guardians websites to read his articles, I dont know why they publish them, theyre beyond offensive sometimes and they get taken down all the time. fucken funny though.
Build Back More Betterer

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

I haven't seen it yet. I watched the pie and mash show after the football last night that put a smile back on my face, yeah brexit stuff getting very stale now and no end in sight
If you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:He hasnt. Hes still fucking funny.

Certainly on watching Frankie Goes to Russia, he seemed very down to earth, self deprecating and had a warmth that the likes of McIntyre who are stuck up their own arsehole lack so much of.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Well having just watched my first episode I am inclined to agree with Ali Ross's initiaal view.

I've liked Frankie Boyle for a long time and he's clearly still got it but platforming him on the BBC with it's clear left wing agenda doesn't work for me . His show should be called Frankie does BBC Politics - and he's let himself down.

First off, his stand-up intro didn't waste any time before suggesting it was best that Donald Trump die in office with as little humour a comedian of FB's standard could muster as a reason.

Then they introduced the panel - none of whom probably weren't Labour supporters, or at the least pretending to be trendy progressive liberals (same thing) or anything else which would put their BBC careers in jeopardy.

Three minutes in we had a PC message about border separation and less than a minute later a topic centred around 'Hate Voters'

After five minutes they talked about 'dis-information' and the unknown left wing but heavily promoted BBC panel of non-entities established that all disinformation comes from Russia. We then went to a Putin interview which FB liked as it demonstrated Putin has a secret poodle and also showed VP claiming the Jews were 'responsible for everything'. The wise panel then all agreed murders are just a Russian game everyone plays.

After a quick change of subject we were onto 16 year olds being allowed to vote. One panel member thought the young should be in charge of the world while Frankie couldn't work out why they weren't writing protest songs about shitting in George Galloway's mouth. Maybe it's because he's a remainer?

Changes of subject were now quick and new anti-fraud measures for voting in Bromley in Kent were discussed. The voters in this Tory constituency were soon compared to paedos and called racists.

Then we went onto the House Of Commons and got the views of Sarah Champion who accused the house of being childish and made up of 50+ year old white males with Jacob Rees Mogg recieving the worst ridicule.

By this time they'd all been SJWed-out and decided to discuss sex robots. Nothing funny here but half reasonable views. That was until the subject of camera equippped drone bombs was brought up and they all thought cameras should be kept on cops while killing black suspects.

Thankfully the end was in sight and FB did his final outro having another pop at Trump.

If anyone thinks this crap is non politically biased in exactly the way critics of the BBC weren't saying years ago they need treatment.

Boyle is actually good. Far better than this but I guess as the BBC pay the majority of his wages they dictate the majority of the content, notwithstanding he's a leftist in the first place.

Not as ridiculously over the top PC and inclusive as Sunday Morning Live though - which is an experience in itself.

Acts like this are bombing badly so it's a good job it's now taxpayer funded. And to think that the BBC even a few years ago actually gave him licence to amuse properly.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Hes been calling right wingers peados for years, its sort of the thing he became famous for.
Build Back More Betterer

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Eaststand wrote:Hes been calling right wingers peados for years, its sort of the thing he became famous for.

I think it's a cross party issue TBH.

Anyway I don't want to have a pop at him for that , my main gripe is the general thrust of the humour and narrative is clearly slanted towards modern BBC thinking.

HIGNFY managed to destroy everyone equally without an obvious bias.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

If any one told a right wing joke they would be jailed.
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Roddy wrote:If any one told a right wing joke they would be jailed.

They wouldn't get through the BBC door in the first place to tell it.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Does anyone else remember TMWRNJ, by Lee and Herring, which went out LIVE on a Sunday morning, most of which wouldn't make it to air now?
There was a segment in it called something like "Lazy Comedy Slags" where they'd skewer their fellow-comedians for being one-trick ponies, the one trick being rather unimpressive to the general audience, but playing well to the student crowd. And that's Frankie Boyle NOW, except there's no longer a Lee and Herring to mock him. "Very Important People" tried, to be fair. Morgana Robinson did a few brilliant piss-takes, not ONE of which I can find on that Internet now, something which may not surprise you.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

m4rkb wrote:
Roddy wrote:If any one told a right wing joke they would be jailed.

They wouldn't get through the BBC door in the first place to tell it.

Perhaps if someone passed the current "diverse" standards required, they might get to tell anti-Labour, pro-Brexit and pro-Trump jokes. A white, hetero male would have no chance though.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Interesting thought but endorsement by the BBC comes with its own pre-conditions. Or if it doesn't there is one hell of a coincidence that ot's entire 'comedy' team appear to be left wing.

Even the BBC itself admits they have NO pro-Brexit comedians (apart from the one I mentioned - Lee Hurst) who I am also told does not work for the BBC anymore so that does mean it's zero.

Marcus Brigstock (left) is furious about Brexit and the writing room only has two subjects Trump and Brexit - or more accurately Anti Trump and Anti-Brexit. Audiences got up and walked out of his gig due to the lack of humour. But it's funny to them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39507659

But they'll keep on banging on as though they know best and represent the proper thought of the country with their elitist views.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

It takes on a life of its own, though, after a while.
There's a marvellous Jon Gaunt edit, posted elsewhere on these boards, but it implies that being a Brexit-voter is THE SAME as being racist, Neanderthal etc etc. Yawn.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Dead Ringers Radio 4 usual predictable and tired digs at Brexit and Trump ...Quelle surprise :roll: .
Any chance of any originality from the lazy BBC writers. How about a national referendum to abolish the TV licence.
They'll shit themselves if it came to pass. I'd happily have a DUP-majority government for 5 years just to make it happen.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

JimmyDee wrote:It takes on a life of its own, though, after a while.
There's a marvellous Jon Gaunt edit, posted elsewhere on these boards, but it implies that being a Brexit-voter is THE SAME as being racist, Neanderthal etc etc. Yawn.

They really cannot divorce themselves from this ridiculous belief can they. And they keep running the same tired insult as though it was ever funny.