Danny Kelly & Mike Parry Go Mad On Mescaline

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Bad Blue 2000

Re: Brazil & Parry

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

He almost spelt his own name correctly.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Maybe should rename the other thread 'MK and Mikr 'Porky' Parry'.

That would please Notin.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Parry, as ever in Brazil’s pocket :D

BFA letting himsel doon in referring to England as ‘we’ :lol:

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

EddieCheddar wrote:Parry, as ever in Brazil’s pocket :D

Yep. Parry doesn't unleash the personal insults to Brazil, they way he does with Mike Graham. Shame that Porky is talking shit about the England side, but that is his "slant" on the subject.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Darkyboy wrote:

Yep. Parry doesn't unleash the personal insults to Brazil, they way he does with Mike Graham. Shame that Porky is talking shit about the England side, but that is his "slant" on the subject.

It’s an easy and lazy target DB. We all know the likely outcome for any England team in tournament football. Fair play to the England boys on this forum because my team aren’t there and if they were, I’d be plotting just the same. Good luck England!

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

EddieCheddar wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

It’s an easy and lazy target DB. We all know the likely outcome for any England team in tournament football. Fair play to the England boys on this forum because my team aren’t there and if they were, I’d be plotting just the same. Good luck England!

Nice one Eddie!. Yes, it's a case of being realistic. Anyone blindly optimistic or pessimistic, is best ignored. And much as I like Porky, when he takes a position on a subject like this, it's a waste of airtime.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Parry, like Durham and Gold"steen" assumes that it's a sign of intelligence to state an opinion and close your ears to anyone that doesn't repeat it, word-for-word. In fact, as any fule kno, it's exactly the opposite.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

JimmyDee wrote:Parry, like Durham and Gold"steen" assumes that it's a sign of intelligence to state an opinion and close your ears to anyone that doesn't repeat it, word-for-word. In fact, as any fule kno, it's exactly the opposite.

In the case of Parry and Durham, they are playing up to their billing as controversialists. So how much they actually believe what they say, is open to question. As for Goldstein, I guess he's the same; though he is such a ****, it's hard to tell if it's an act or not. :)

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Darkyboy wrote:In the case of Parry and Durham, they are playing up to their billing as controversialists. So how much they actually believe what they say, is open to question.
Hey, you live by the sword, you die by the sword. They can't have it both ways; you can't pretend to be a cunt and then get all upset when people think you actually are one. There IS a difference between Steve Coogan and "Alan Partridge", but there is none between Mike Parry and "Mike Parry", so I will go on thinking that there is, in fact, NO difference.
I like to give supporting evidence to my opinion, so I give you his one-and-only appearance on "Our" BBCs 6-0-6, where, given an opportunity to show off his "true" journalistic skills, he just did the same old tS nonsense.

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

JimmyDee wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:In the case of Parry and Durham, they are playing up to their billing as controversialists. So how much they actually believe what they say, is open to question.
Hey, you live by the sword, you die by the sword. They can't have it both ways; you can't pretend to be a cunt and then get all upset when people think you actually are one. There IS a difference between Steve Coogan and "Alan Partridge", but there is none between Mike Parry and "Mike Parry", so I will go on thinking that there is, in fact, NO difference.
I like to give supporting evidence to my opinion, so I give you his one-and-only appearance on "Our" BBCs 6-0-6, where, given an opportunity to show off his "true" journalistic skills, he just did the same old tS nonsense.

Well Steve Coogan freely acknowledges, that Alan Partridge reflects part of his own personality. I would imagine that's the same as most people who adopt a persona.

As for Parry and Durham, both of them are capable of doing and have done "straight" programmes as broadcasters. They both know however, that for the most part, people expect a certain side of them. You could class any number of broadcasters eg, James O'Brien, Jeremy Kyle, Iain Lee in the same bracket.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Darkyboy wrote:
JimmyDee wrote: I give you [Parry's] one-and-only appearance on "Our" BBCs 6-0-6, where, given an opportunity to show off his "true" journalistic skills, he just did the same old tS nonsense.
As for Parry and Durham, both of them are capable of doing and have done "straight" programmes as broadcasters. They both know however, that for the most part, people expect a certain side of them.
Nobody outside tS listeners has heard of either of them, so your point doesn't really contradict mine, as no-one else has any expectations to have. Even on tS, it's years since either of them have done a "straight" programme. I don't count Durham's supposed brilliance on "Match Day Live", where his contribution is limited to saying "goal at the Hawthorns! Ian Danter!", when not giving snidey digs at all things Emirates.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

JimmyDee wrote:

Party and Savage. Porky gave out the talksport phone number for people to call in on.
There's no poem, just prose.

able1

Post by able1 »

Here's the superturd, no manners, can't use a peppermill, and doesn't recognise ground pepper when he's mastered that complex mill.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

EddieCheddar wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

+1

Eddie's a fuckin dude !!!

:dart:
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

JimmyDee wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
JimmyDee wrote: I give you [Parry's] one-and-only appearance on "Our" BBCs 6-0-6, where, given an opportunity to show off his "true" journalistic skills, he just did the same old tS nonsense.
As for Parry and Durham, both of them are capable of doing and have done "straight" programmes as broadcasters. They both know however, that for the most part, people expect a certain side of them.
Nobody outside tS listeners has heard of either of them, so your point doesn't really contradict mine, as no-one else has any expectations to have. Even on tS, it's years since either of them have done a "straight" programme. I don't count Durham's supposed brilliance on "Match Day Live", where his contribution is limited to saying "goal at the Hawthorns! Ian Danter!", when not giving snidey digs at all things Emirates.

Yes, but they could do "straight" programming if required to. The management at talkSport obviously do not want that though. The same as the management at LBC, ensure that Nick Ferrari and James O'Brien stir things up.